╌>

Man 'running around with no clothes on' shot while carrying Bible through Florida apartment complex

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  3 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Jami Ganz (MSN)

Man 'running around with no clothes on' shot while carrying Bible through Florida apartment complex
The victim was last reported to be in critical condition.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A man was shot this week while going door-to-door in a South Florida apartment complex while naked and the shooter quickly turned himself in.

The shooting occurred Wednesday around 8:45 a.m. outside the Sunshine Garden Apartments in Miramar, about two miles south of Pembroke Pines, the South Florida SunSentinel reports.

Neither the victim, who police found with life-threatening injuries, nor the shooter have been identified.

© Provided by New York Daily News Sunshine Garden Apartments in Florida.

Sunshine Garden Apartments in Florida.

Prior to being shot, the victim, last reported to be in critical condition, was "knocking on doors and when you open it he was like, 'You want some of this?' pointing to his private area," Destiny Williams, a new resident of the complex, told the SunSentinel.

She said the "crazy" encounter took place about 15 minutes before the man was shot.

Authorities were already heading to the area, responding to multiple 911 calls about a naked man walking between Pembroke Road's 6800 and 7200 blocks, when police received reports of a shooting.

The man was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital shortly before a man phoned 911, claiming to be the shooter responsible, according to Pembroke Pines police Major Al Xiques.

"He wanted to surrender himself to police," Xiques told the outlet. "He was detained by police and is being questioned."

Residents said the naked man was carrying a Bible on his journey through the complex.

Detectives notified Boris Ovrugsky, who owns the apartment complex, about the shooting Wednesday morning, the SunSentinel reports.

"I wasn't present there," Ovrugsky said, noting the victim "doesn't live here. I don't know why the hell he'd be running around with no clothes on."

Neither that question nor the motive for the shooting have been determined, according to authorities.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

I'd check both the guy with the bible and the shooter for QAnon tattoos.....  That would explain quite a bit.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Prior to being shot, the victim, last reported to be in critical condition, was "knocking on doors and when you open it he was like, 'You want some of this?' pointing to his private area,"

Take it from me, that almost never works.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

Ahhhhh.... The naked man approach!

But then again....... Almost never works is better than..... never works.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    3 years ago

Reminds me of one of my all time favorite movie lines.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1.1    3 years ago

The Naked Man  is a move created by  Mitch ; he explains how to perform the Naked Man in  The Naked Man ​. Mitch explains the move as follows:

"You're on a first date. You've had a few drinks. You make an excuse to go up to the girl's apartment. Then, once she leaves the room, you strip down naked and wait. When she comes back, she laughs. She's so charmed by your confidence and bravado, she sleeps with you. Boom! [It works] two out of three times. You just have to pick your spot. The Naked Man is best used as last resort. Kind of a Hail Mary on a first date when you know there's not going to be a second one."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago
"Take it from me, that almost never works."

Almost never?  LOL!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    3 years ago

Okay..... Spill it Tess. 

If some Friday afternoon, after a long work week.....and a couple glasses of wine.... some decent looking naked guy shows up at your door with a bible in hand asks you with the other "You want some of this?",  just what are you going to do with the saltines?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2.1    3 years ago

With my luck he wants to discuss my personal relationship with Jesus

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    3 years ago

Don't you think with your powers of female persuasion..........uuummmmm.

Remember..... adapt, improvise, and overcome.  There we go!  That military training once again comes to the rescue!

BTW... It is Friday.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2.3    3 years ago

uh...sure. I'll give it the old Air Force try

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.4    3 years ago

Everybody sing!.... 

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder.........!  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.2.5    3 years ago

We played that in high school band. It was fun to play

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3  Freefaller    3 years ago

I gonna guess that drugs and/or alcohol had something to do with this

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Freefaller @3    3 years ago

Given the presence of the bible, I can only guess he was looking for sex resulting in a deeply religious commentary!

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

She said the "crazy" encounter took place about 15 minutes before the man was shot.

Residents said the naked man was carrying a Bible on his journey through the complex.

Crasy, naked and the bible.
Ask anyone who ever worked in a mental hospital. 
A sure sign of mentally ill person having a non-reality episode.

and yes it's quite possible drugs and/or alcohol was involved as well. 

In 1980, Albert Ellis, 4  the founder of rational emotive therapy, wrote in the  Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology   that there was an irrefutable causal relationship between religion and emotional and mental illness. According to Canadian psychiatrist Wendall Watters, “Christian doctrine and liturgy have been shown to discourage the development of adult coping behaviors and the human to human relationship skills that enable people to cope in an adaptive way with the anxiety caused by stress.”

www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/religion-spirituality-and-mental-health

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4    3 years ago
“Christian doctrine and liturgy have been shown to discourage the development of adult coping behaviors and the human to human relationship skills that enable people to cope in an adaptive way with the anxiety caused by stress.”

So in other words, this might explain the "God told me to" excuse to justify say...... The Spanish Inquisition, ignoring science, and women being treated as second class citizens....

Sophomore Guide
4.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1    3 years ago

True FLYNAVY But, It goes so much deeper than that.

Some Religious ideology invokes guilt, much guilt ! Too much guilt can cause serious mental problems especially unwarranted guilt.

Unwarranted guilt can really mess with a person's brain especially when they already really do have a mental illness. 

Some of the writings in the bible can cause great guilt to try to get the results the authors want to achieve. 

Some people just can't handle that. 

LOL and some end up naked and carrying that book around all day till someone stops them.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.1    3 years ago

Makes total sense Steve, as I can recall a number of interactions with "born again" types that fit the picture of what you describe..... with the exception of a naked person running around with a bible.....  She just never came knocking at my door.....damn it!

Happy Friday! 

Sophomore Guide
4.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.2    3 years ago
She just never came knocking at my door.....damn it!

You were lucky, you miss a bullet. lol 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.3    3 years ago

Or right..... The Lorena Bobbitt warning label.......Good point Steve.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.4    3 years ago

Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed.

Problem is when your done in bed your still stuck with crazy in the head.

LOL  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.6  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.5    3 years ago

To coin a phrase....

"You don't go to bed with crazy, you don't wake up with it!"

OIP.5N5iVMcrxxKfAXixaLwtwQHaEE?w=329&h=180&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7