╌>

Majority of Americans disapprove of Biden's immigration and gun violence policies: Poll

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  3 years ago  •  25 comments

Majority of Americans disapprove of Biden's immigration and gun violence policies: Poll

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A new poll shows a majority of Americans disapprove of President Biden’s handling of the surge of migrants at the U.S.   border .

Fifty-seven percent of Americans disapprove of Biden’s approach to the border crisis, according to the latest   ABC News/Ipos poll.   Broken down by partisan affiliation, 89% of Republicans disapprove of the president’s approach, compared to 54% of independents and 33% of Democrats who disapprove.

While the administration has attempted to downplay the situation at the border by classifying it as a “challenge” instead of a “crisis,” the poll found that Americans disagree with the administration’s assessment. A majority of Americans (54%) say they classify the situation at the border as a crisis, while 42% classify it as a “serious problem,” compared to only 4% who say it is not a serious problem.

Biden also scored low marks on his early handling of gun violence, with 86% of Republicans, 56% of independents, and 37% of Democrats indicating they disapprove of his handling of the issue.

Americans were split on whether Biden was fulfilling his promise to unite the country, with 30% saying he has made the country more divided and 30% saying he has made it more united. Another 40% of respondents view his administration neutrally on the question of national unity.

Biden was able to garner strong favorability for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, with 72% of Americans approving of his pandemic performance so far compared to 28% that expressed disapproval. That number was helped by the 75% of Americans who approve of Biden’s vaccine distribution performance, including 53% of Republicans who indicated they approved of the president’s handling of vaccines.

But Republicans were not as pleased with Biden’s handling of the pandemic overall, with 44% indicating they approve of his pandemic performance.

The majority of Americans also approved of Biden’s handling of the economy, with 60% indicating they approve of his performance so far, compared to 40% who disapprove.

The poll was conducted between March 26-27, surveying a random sample of 517 adults with a margin of error of 4.9 points.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    3 years ago

Talk the subject of the thread , not the source nor the seeder.

For all you poll lovers - A new poll shows a majority of Americans disapprove of President Biden’s handling of the surge of migrants at the U.S.    border  .

Absolutely pathetic handling of the Border CRISIS.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  1stwarrior @1    3 years ago

Policies? Biden has policies? Seems his policy is not to make policies!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    3 years ago

That doesn't seem like very many people polled. I'd be curious of the demographics beyond Republican, Democrat, or Independent too. I'm sure it's all out there, but I simply don't feel like digging like that today. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @2    3 years ago

True, only 517 folks were polled, but that is in standing with other polls posted and discussed on NT.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
2.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1    3 years ago

I know and I don't necessarily agree with those either. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @2.1.1    3 years ago

I totally disagree with polls 'cause they can all be manipulated to give you the answers you want - not the true answers needed for support.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.2    3 years ago
I totally disagree with polls 'cause they can all be manipulated to give you the answers you want - not the true answers needed for support.

If that true why are you posting a poll that you think is manipulated?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.4  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2.1.3    3 years ago

I guess to show the same information that no one will read unless, as addressed on NT, it's a POLL and I didn't say that THIS poll was/is manipulated.

The information derived from the poll - the total dissatisfaction - is not manipulated.  And, I'm not saying this particular poll is manipulated - just the fact that polls can be manipulated and then some "may not" be manipulated.

Haven't seen you making any comments such as above on other polls posted.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.4    3 years ago
I guess to show the same information that no one will read unless, as addressed on NT, it's a POLL and I didn't say that THIS poll was/is manipulated.

So polls are manipulated but not this poll. Amazing.

Haven't seen you making any comments such as above on other polls posted.

Most polls that have been posted on NT the seeder don't say that polls are manipulated, pretty simple.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.6  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2.1.5    3 years ago

Reread what I said and reread what you wrote - 

I didn't say that THIS poll was/is manipulated.

So polls are manipulated but not this poll.

Yup - no match.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.6    3 years ago

I did read it you should try the same. 

You said polls are manipulated but not this poll. 

How do you know this poll isn't manipulated? Because it agrees with your conclusion?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.8  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2.1.7    3 years ago

Think we should be discussing the information/responses contained in the polling criteria/structure/results and not on whether or not I think THIS poll is/is not manipulated.

Thanks for understanding.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.8    3 years ago
Thanks for understanding.

I'm not understanding your logic. Either the poll is or isn't manipulated or it doesn't matter to you if it is or isn't. 

That aside, there is a crisis at the border, bad Biden. He's doing good on the covid vaccine, good Biden. He's doing good on the economy, good Biden. It's a draw on uniting the country

Can't figure out the poll on gun violence, what are they talking about?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.10  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2.1.9    3 years ago

I'm not really interested if this particular poll is/is not manipulated.  My interest lies in what "supposedly" were the results of a pretty hot topic in today's U.S. world.

That one I decided to not even address - agree with you - no idea.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  cjcold  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.2    3 years ago

Took a statistics  class in college and it was a real eye opener.

Carry a decimal point and anything is possible.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.12  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  cjcold @2.1.11    3 years ago

After taking Statistics and Macro-Econ, the idea of a "realistic" poll was blown completely outta the water.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

The mishandling has been unforgivable and nothing is being done to stop the surge. We have about 18,000 minors in holding facilities, which nobody can examine and their is a gag order on the border patrol. Even the president of Mexico is fed up with the migrants passing through his country and is openly criticizing Biden.

The glaring question is why is Biden doing this?  Is it just out of hatred for Trump and everything he did or is it what it looks like - an open border policy?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 years ago

Biden's caving in to the demands of radical progressive left faction of the party

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    3 years ago

He caved in on day 1. Wait until you see what's coming next. It's the "Green New Deal" disguised as an "infrastructure bill." Price tag $3 - 5 Trillion.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    3 years ago

Greg - if you review the history of immigration, you'll see that the Dems have ALWAYS been for less and less restrictions for entry.  Hell, if we had half the immigration policies that the majority of other countries have, our policy would be tons stronger that what it is today.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 years ago

At what point does a fascist realize their insanity?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.3  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 years ago

Trump started this whole mess.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 years ago

So who was polled?  All supporters of the prior occupant of the White House?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 years ago

Nah.  Just the Ku Kluxers, Nazis, White Nationalists, Sovereign Citizens--and the rest of the American underbelly.

Damn----they are supporters of the 'prior occupant.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  cjcold  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1    3 years ago

Without exception.