╌>

Donald who? How Biden is outshining Trump (and Obama)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hallux  •  3 years ago  •  8 comments

By:    Marwan Bishara - Al Jazeera

Donald who? How Biden is outshining Trump (and Obama)
The promise and perils of the Biden presidency in comparison to other presidents.

Likely too soon to tell but the start has been impressive.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

But the rescue plan now looks modest in comparison to Biden’s even more ambitious recovery plan worth $3 trillion, which the administration hopes to spend on national infrastructural, housing and environmental projects in its first $2 trillion phase, and on healthcare, childcare, etc in its second phase.

The plan is not only meant to help the US catch up with other major developed nations in terms of quality of its infrastructure, digital and social services, but also to help put millions of Americans back to work, and in the process, tackle poverty, marginalisation, and racism more effectively.

Biden has also signed over 50 executive actions – more than any of his recent predecessors – many of which were aimed at rolling back or dismantling Trump-era policies.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

As with any article I post, all is on topic ... including myself.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @1    3 years ago

I do want something done about infrastructure (you should see the roads I have to travel every day), my only concern is where does the money come from? I know that putting people back to work boosts the tax revenue but this is $3T we're talking here

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    3 years ago

What does the wear and tear of your roads cost you in repairs for your car?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @1.1.1    3 years ago

Plenty. I figure I'm going to need new tires next year. Then there's the cost of alignment every 3 months along with the oil change. I also keep picking up stuff that puts holes in my tires. I once had a bolt in my tire. How does that happen?