╌>

Jill Biden gets Vogue cover as Melania Trump faces new scrutiny for Jan. 6

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  hallux  •  3 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   MARTHA ROSS | Bay Area News Group

Jill Biden gets Vogue cover as Melania Trump faces new scrutiny for Jan. 6
“I don’t give a (expletive) about Vogue or any other magazine. They would never put me on the cover,” Melania Trump

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Jill Biden graces the cover of Vogue magazine, an honor in American fashion and culture that famously eluded her predecessor, Melania Trump, probably because Donald Trump’s wife was heavily criticized by likely Vogue readers for enabling his divisive presidency, including during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Melania Trump herself acknowledged this lack of recognition by Vogue and other top U.S. life-style magazines with a notorious f-bomb-laced comment. “I don’t give a (expletive) about Vogue or any other magazine. They would never put me on the cover,” Melania Trump was recorded as saying to her ex-best friend Stephanie Winston Wolkoff.

Jill Biden’s glowing   Vogue cover story   comes as Melania Trump faces renewed interest in her tenure as first lady, including her reported attempt to help her husband spin the political fallout after the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Late last week, Trump defended his wife’s glamour, the controversial Rose Garden makeover and White House Christmas decorations   during in an interview   with the Trump-friendly outlet, Newsmax. The Slovenian-born ex-model also was a trending topic on Twitter over the weekend, with people asking why she had been absent from her husband’s side lately,   including being missing from photos   at his 75th birthday party at his New Jersey golf resort earlier this month.

Now this week, with Vogue unveiling its 6,000-word profile of Jill Biden, Melania Trump is shown in a new book, playing a brief but telling role in trying to help her husband and his close associates avoid responsibility for the attack on the Capitol.

That day, the 45th president continued to push false claims of voter fraud at a rally for his supporters, urging them to “fight” to stop Congress from certifying the results of the 2020 race, which saw Joe Biden elected president.

According to “Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency” by controversial author Michael Wolff, Trump’s family knew he had lost the election and understood there was little chance of upsetting the electoral count.

Nonetheless, they did little to try to stop Trump who was being encouraged in this “derangement” by his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who was drinking heavily and “in a constant state of excitation, often almost incoherent in his agitation and mania,” Wolff wrote in his book,   which is excerpted in New York Magazine.

In fact, some family members, including Trump’s sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, made public statements at Trump’s Jan. 6 rally, showing support their father’s election fraud claims and likewise urging his supporters to “fight.”

Meanwhile, Melania Trump had reportedly already “checked out” of her job as first lady by Jan. 6, and was preparing for her post-White House life at Mar-a-Lago,   according to CNN and other reports . That day, she was busy with a post-White House project: overseeing a photo shoot for a coffee-table book on decorative projects she had amassed and restored during his time as first lady.

According to “Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency” by controversial author Michael Wolff, Trump’s family knew he had lost the election and understood there was little chance of upsetting the electoral count.

Nonetheless, they did little to try to stop Trump who was being encouraged in this “derangement” by his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who was drinking heavily and “in a constant state of excitation, often almost incoherent in his agitation and mania,” Wolff wrote in his book,   which is excerpted in New York Magazine.

In fact, some family members, including Trump’s sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, made public statements at Trump’s Jan. 6 rally, showing support their father’s election fraud claims and likewise urging his supporters to “fight.”

Meanwhile, Melania Trump had reportedly already “checked out” of her job as first lady by Jan. 6, and was preparing for her post-White House life at Mar-a-Lago,   according to CNN and other reports . That day, she was busy with a post-White House project: overseeing a photo shoot for a coffee-table book on decorative projects she had amassed and restored during his time as first lady.

The issue of Melania Trump not getting a Vogue cover vexed her, her husband and his supporters throughout his presidency. On Christmas Day, Trump bashed leading lifestyle magazines for not giving his wife a single front page cover while he has been in office.

In a tweet, he called the first lady “the greatest of all time,” while retweeting a Breitbart post that said “elitist snobs in the fashion press” were ostracizing the “most elegant first lady in American history.” Trump fans also accused the media of revealing their liberal bias by granting Michelle Obama, the wife of former president Barack Obama, 12 magazine covers in her two terms as first lady, including three Vogue covers, the Business Insider reported at the time.

Complaints about Melania Trump being denied the Vogue cover ramped up again just after the insurrection when Kamala Harris landed a cover as vice president-elect

There is more and the site will give you access to one article

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

If there was a magazine called Crybabies the Trumps would make every cover.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @1    3 years ago

has melania considered autotrader? as a low mileage restoration it would seem more logical.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago
as a low mileage restoration it would seem more logical

You think a former Slovenian nude model who was later picked up as the third wife of a fat slimy billionaire has "low miles"? Unless dirty Donald paid to have her engine replaced she's definitely got a few 'round the world' miles on her...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    3 years ago

I'm laughing because of the conversation Veronica, Tessy, and I had yesterday about Marla Maples saying trmp was the best she ever had in bed.

I wonder if Melania says the same thing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    3 years ago

I told y'all it must be part of the prenup!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Most elegant??? Who's he trying to kid? The title of Most Elegant First Lady goes to Jackie Kennedy!

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

She was a 10.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  seeder  Hallux    3 years ago

"The Slovenian-born ex-model also was a trending topic on Twitter over the weekend, with people asking why she had been absent from her husband’s side lately, at his 75th birthday party at his New Jersey golf resort earlier this month."

This part is not a big deal, I've missed my last 52. My X tries to annoy me by calling in to remind me.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

But still...he tried so hard to make it look like he and Melania had a very happy marriage. For her to be absent at his 75th birthday party is eye-brow raising. 75 is a milestone especially for a fat, sloppy, pig like trmp.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

I have the opposite problem.  Some people are insisting on helping me celebrate mine.  I just want to be left alone with my bottle of champagne and my cupcake for the day.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    3 years ago

Now since I'm narcissistic I want breakfast in bed, lunch at a really cool place, and a home-cooked meal.

Now ask me how often do I get these things?

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    3 years ago

And, there is that twenty million or so $ that is still  unaccounted for from Trump's 2017 inauguration...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JBB @5    3 years ago
And, there is that twenty million or so $ that is still  unaccounted for from Trump's 2017 inauguration...

...that she tried to pin on her friend by throwing her under the bus. Fortunately as the bus was running over her, the now former-friend decided that isn't something an actual friend would do so she started taping their conversations to prove her innocence and exposed Malignant Melania's two faces.

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    3 years ago

Well, I don't think Melania's face can be pulled any tighter.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @6    3 years ago

Another face lift and she'll have a beard.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    3 years ago

goatee...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @6.1.1    3 years ago

I forgot about the Brazillion

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

There is more to elegance than just fashion.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7    3 years ago

Yeah...like character and dignity

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    3 years ago

And carriage.