╌>

Georgia governor calls out National Guard to help in hospitals as cases surge

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  5 comments

By:   BY CAMERON JENKINS -

Georgia governor calls out National Guard to help in hospitals as cases surge
"I continue to urge all Georgians to talk to a medical professional about getting vaccinated."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp listens to a question during a news conference at the State Capitol in Atlanta. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson, File)

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) issued an order this week to deploy more than 100 National Guardsmen to hospitals across the state in order to aid hospital staff amid a surge of coronavirus infections that have caused emergency rooms to reach capacity.

“This Georgia National Guard mission is in addition to the 2,800 state-supported staff and 450 new beds brought online I announced last week, at a total state investment of $625 million through December of this year," he added. "I continue to urge all Georgians to talk to a medical professional about getting vaccinated."

Georgia has seen a 58 percent increase in coronavirus cases over the past 14 days,.

The Peach State is also averaging more than 8,000 new cases per day. 

“From our standpoint, the biggest contributor is the spread of the virus in the unvaccinated population in the community,” John Delzell, a physician at the Northeast Georgia Hospital System, said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) issued an order this week to deploy more than 100 National Guardsmen to hospitals across the state in order to aid hospital staff amid a surge of coronavirus infections that have caused emergency rooms to reach capacity.

"I continue to urge all Georgians to talk to a medical professional about getting vaccinated." he said.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

“This Georgia National Guard mission is in addition to the 2,800 state-supported staff and 450 new beds brought online I announced last week, at a total state investment of $625 million through December of this year," he added.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

“From our standpoint, the biggest contributor is the spread of the virus in the unvaccinated population in the community,” John Delzell, a physician at the Northeast Georgia Hospital System, said.

Georgia has seen a 58 percent increase in coronavirus cases over the past 14 days,.

The Peach State is also averaging more than 8,000 new cases per day. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

Surprise surprise.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

A simple case of cause and effect.