╌>

Rodrigo Alves' surgeries in full as she comes out as trans and unveils new identity - Mirror Online

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   mirror

Rodrigo Alves' surgeries in full as she comes out as trans and unveils new identity - Mirror Online
Brazilian reality television star Rodrigo Alves has come out as a transgender woman following years of surgeries - earning the Human Ken Doll nickname

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The reality TV star known as the 'Human Ken Doll' has become famous for spending over half a million pounds on cosmetic surgery.

Now Rodrigo Alves , 36, has made a change more than just skin deep by coming out publicly as a transgender woman.

Wishing to be referred to as Roddy, the former CelebrityBig Brother star has spoken about her desire to embrace her true gender identity.

Speaking exclusively to the Sunday People , Roddy said: "It feels ­amazing to finally tell the world I'm a girl.

"I'm known as Ken but inside I've always felt like Barbie."

Roddy, who now wishes to be called by the pronouns "her" and "she", has been undergoing hormone injections and now wears hair extensions, lashes, and a D-cup bra to embrace her authentic self.

Roddy Alves ( Image: Adam Gerrard / Sunday Mirror)

Alves has previously undergone more than 100 cosmetic procedures, spending over £500,000 on surgeries such as liposuction, gel fillers across the shoulders, triceps, and biceps, facelifts, and 11 rhinoplasties.

The surgeries began at the age of 17 with a breast reduction as Alves' body produced more oestrogen than the average male child and her large breasts lead to bullying.

Following this, Roddy received a nose job at the age of 19, before undergoing further facial surgeries - more than 70 procedures - to achieve a look far from her natural face and getting the Human Ken Doll reputation.

Alves developed a reputation as the Human Ken doll ( Image: Instagram)

In addition, Roddy - who had previously been diagnosed with body dysmorphia - has had a fake six pack surgery and ribs removed to maintain a slimmer figure, telling This Morning in 2018 : "I had four ribs removed so I can do my blazers up without having to breathe in or have them altered."

Roddy appeared on the morning show with presenters Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield and showed off her removed ribs in a jar.

At the time, Roddy said: "It is dangerous to internal organs. My ribs that were the 11th and 12th, they are the floating ribs there are not much use for them."

She brought her ribs along in a jar on This Morning ( Image: ITV)

She also noted at the time: "Yes there is contentment in my soul. Plastic surgery has changed my life. From water to wine."

Roddy revealed to The Sun in 2018 that she had spent:

• £8,000 on Botox and fillers
  • £30,000 on nose jobs
  • £3,000 on liposuction to her jaw
  • £10,000 on pec implants
  • £22,000 on a fake six-pack
  • £7,000 on laser lipo
  • £7,000 on fillers to her arms
  • £5,000 hair transplant
  • £6,000 on leg lipo
  • £3,000 on calf shaping
  • fat transfer to give her a larger bum
  • a SMAS facelift
  • £28,000 procedure to remove four ribs

In an operation last year, Roddy also had her fake six pack removed and inserted into her buttocks to give a bum lift, which was then shown in a German television documentary.

At the time, Roddy noted: "I see all my plastic surgeries as an evolution of me as a person! I never wanted to look like a Ken Doll or to be a Ken Doll. I just wanted to be unique and to show the world that in life anything is possible."

Roddy undergoing her six pack removal ( Image: RTL)

However, revealing her true gender identity has been the most positive experience above all others for Roddy.

She opened up: "I finally feel like the real me. Glamorous, beautiful and feminine.

"For years I tried to live my life as a man. I had a fake six pack put in, I had fake muscles in my arms but I was lying to myself.

"I'm a woman and have always had a feminine brain. Now my body matches my mind."

Roddy Alves has more procedures planned ( Image: Adam Gerrard / Sunday Mirror)

Roddy has also been candid about the surgeries she will undergo in her transition, with full gender realignment surgery, breast implants, and facial feminisation surgeries due for the future.

"I will have a penile inversion and my testicles will be removed," she has decided. "That will be the final step.

"Before that I'm having silicone breast implants. I'll be able to wear dresses that show my cleavage and look sexy. I'm very excited.

"After that, I'm having face feminisation surgery. It will be an incision at the top of my scalp, and through that the doctor will reshape my forehead, give me an eye lift, lip lift and middle face lift."

Embracing her femininity: Roddy Alves ( Image: Adam Gerrard / Sunday Mirror)

She added: "I'm having my Adam's apple removed, my jawline shaved and my chin modified."

The hormone treatment has already made huge changes to Roddy's physical appearance,which she claims is being made more potent by her naturally high oestrogen levels.

"It will take two years of hormone therapy for the full changes in my body to show but the differences are already very noticeable.

"My skin is softer, my breasts and hips are more feminine. The fat distribution in my body is very different now, so my face is becoming rounder.

"My genitals have shrunk quite a lot and my sex drive has decreased a lot too, which doesn't bother me at all."

Roddy in 2004

The treatment comes, however, after years of abuse for her true feminine idenity.

"Growing up, I was very feminine and used to play with dolls and wear my mum's dresses and heels," she said. "I had an instinct towards toys and clothes ­designed for females.

"I was bullied at school because I was very feminine. Boys would play football and girls ­volleyball. I'd always be with the girls.

"I was physically abused - I had my face pushed into the urinal and was thrown down the stairs.

"At the age of 13 two boys at school sexually abused me. I was very feminine and weak. I couldn't defend myself. It was very traumatic."

Roddy's transition comes after years of abuse ( Image: Adam Gerrard / Sunday Mirror)

Abuse towards transgender people remains a prevalent issue, with the BBC revealing last year that transgender hate crimes recorded by the police in England, Scotland and Wales had risen by 81% in the year prior.

Stonewall, a charity for the equality of LGBTQ+ people across Britain, said this was indicative of the "consequences of a society where transphobia is everywhere".

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Rodrigo "The Human Ken Doll" is now Barbie Roddy!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

What a literal nightmare.  Ribs in a jar?  Fake six pack put in her butt??  Inverted penis??? jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

People do the damndest things to themselves.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

I don't get it, and probably never will.