╌>

Washington Post awards Biden 'Four Pinocchios' for false claim he was 'arrested' during civil rights protest

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  36 comments

By:   Brandon Gillespie (Fox News)

Washington Post awards Biden 'Four Pinocchios' for false claim he was 'arrested' during civil rights protest
The Washington Post has awarded President Biden "Four Pinocchios" over his false claim that he was "arrested" for the first time as a teenager while attending a civil rights protest in Delaware.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In media news today, Associated Press tells staff to 'avoid emphasizing COVID case counts, the Economic Council director urges the media to focus on wage increases instead of inflation, and the mainstream media drags Rand Paul for clashing with Dr. Fauci.

The Washington Post awarded President Biden its harshest fact-check rating of "Four Pinocchios" over his false claim this week that he was "arrested" for the first time as a teenager while attending a civil rights protest in Delaware.

In a Thursday piece headlined,"Biden claims yet another arrest for which there's little evidence," Glenn Kessler, The Post's resident fact-checker, wrote that Biden was "not always a reliable source" when it came to his "exaggerated" stories, and that too many elements of his claim didn't add up.

"I did not walk in the shoes of generations of students who walked these grounds. But I walked other grounds. Because I'm so damn old, I was there as well. You think I'm kidding, man. It seems like yesterday the first time I got arrested," Biden told the crowd at his Tuesday speech at Morehouse College in Atlanta.

According to Kessler, Biden appeared to be referencing a story he told on a number of occasions about a conversation he had with his mother in 2008 when deciding whether he should accept former President Obama's offer to become his running mate.

Joe Biden spoke about Democrats voting legislation in Georgia.

In the story, Biden's mother reminded him of when he was a teenager and went to support a Black family who purchased a home in a town not far from where the Biden's lived amid a protest against the family moving in.

Kessler noted that Biden told the story with several variations over time, with some referencing him getting "arrested" by the police, and others saying they brought him home to his parents to keep him from getting in trouble. Other variations included his age, as well as the protest location.

Kessler added that Biden also never made any mention of the arrest in his memoirs, even when discussing the same conversation with his mother.

Kessler detailed various news reports mentioning protests in the area at the time over a house purchase by a Black family and concluded that too many elements of Biden's story didn't add up.

"The primary source for this story is Biden — and we've learned over the years that he is not always a reliable source," Kessler wrote. "He appears to be citing his mother to enhance his civil rights credentials — which we have noted he has exaggerated before — but too many elements do not add up to give this 'arrest' more credibility than his previous claims of getting in trouble with the law."

"The president earns Four Pinocchios," he added.

Biden was forced to admit in 2020 he had concocted a tale of once getting arrested while trying to see Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

He's always getting arrested!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

I guess if one has been arrested, you have real credentials if you are a progressive liberal or someone trying to pretend they are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    2 years ago

Even when he had his mental faculties he plagiarized an entire speech. Then there was Corndog and Mandela and the hair on his knees.

How long can this go on?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    2 years ago

The really funny thing is he claimed it was "the first time he was arrested."  Somebody needs to follow up and find out what that meant. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.2    2 years ago

Tha man is a space cadet at this point.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.4  goose is back  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    2 years ago

Go to the :33 second mark, don't have any thing in your mouth because you'll be sure to spray it everywhere. 

Joe Biden on Hairy Legs, Roaches and Kids on his Lap (ORIGINAL) - YouTube

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  goose is back @1.1.4    2 years ago

LOL!!!!

I would use the emoji, but I am not allowed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

another 29,900 lies and he'll catch up with Trump

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    2 years ago

Wow, absolutely shocking--yet another "But Trump" diversion!

Who'd a guessed?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    2 years ago

Another lame comment from you. We all guessed. 

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.9  goose is back  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    2 years ago
another 29,900 lies

Now....should we start counting from the time that Biden has been in office?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    2 years ago
Wow, absolutely shocking--yet another "But Trump" diversion!

Again, not a diversion.  JohnRussell is just pointing out the hypocritical nature of right wingers.  They accept something if it is done by one of their own, but scream to high heaven if something even slightly similar is done by someone else.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    2 years ago

Hard to tell from here...........Pot or Kettle....

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    2 years ago

Biden has never told the truth in his entire damn life.

But the TDS driven leftists give him a complete pass. "That is Joe just being Joe"; "Joe lives in his own little world", "Joe just likes telling stories". No, all he tells are lies.

Glad you are defending the indefensible human fuck up machine Democrats put into the White House. Party before country, even if it turns the country into a third world shithole.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    2 years ago

Democrats need to look in the fucking mirror hypocrisy. After bashing Trump for every lie he told; here you all are making fucking excuses for the biggest liar ever. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.13    2 years ago

Seek help. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.15  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    2 years ago

Biden's been telling lies ever since he's been in government...probably has a 100,000 or more by now

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.16  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.15    2 years ago

it should be easy to cite the proof then.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Sean Treacy  replied to  devangelical @1.1.16    2 years ago
should be easy to cite the proof then.

Going through everything Joe Biden's said as a politician would violate the Geneva Convention. 

But it would be easy enough to do, given the time and a high tolerance for pain.  Someone like Mollie Hemingway could mark every statement where Biden says something untrue, or doesn't provide the context that Mollie Hemingway would like, even if it's true, is a lie.   Easy to hit 100,000 under the standards used to document Trump's "lies"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    2 years ago

if ya'll didn't cry Trump all the time. your post may have had some merit and even contained a grain of truth.

alas, not to be.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.13    2 years ago

After bashing Trump for every lie he told; here you all are making fucking excuses for the biggest liar ever. 

An absolute impossibility.  Even the media stopped pointing out every lie and just addressed the most outlandish, and just gave an overall count of the rest.

I have yet to see anyone making an excuse, so that part must just be in your own mind.  We're just pointing out right winger's hypocrisy, EXACTLY AS I STATED.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.15    2 years ago
Biden's been telling lies ever since he's been in government...probably has a 100,000 or more by now

List them...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.17    2 years ago
But it would be easy enough to do

And yet, none of you are doing it...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.21    2 years ago

none of you are doing it...

Are you going to pay me to devote years to documenting his lies? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.23  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.18    2 years ago
if ya'll didn't cry Trump all the time. your post may have had some merit and even contained a grain of truth.

And if y'all didn't make such hypocritical statements, YOUR posts may have some merit.  But probably still no truths.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.24  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.22    2 years ago
Are you going to pay me to devote years to documenting his lies?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Always an excuse...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.23    2 years ago

just gotta love it when the best available is a Pee Wee Herman defense.

is that all?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.26  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.25    2 years ago
just gotta love it when the best available is a Pee Wee Herman defense.

I expect no more from Sean.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.26    2 years ago

or yourself, obviously

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.26    2 years ago
expect no more from Sean.

If you are going to insult me when responding to other people, at least make it  coherent.

Don't project  your own issues  on me. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.28    2 years ago

Haters gotta hate Sean, so there you go .....

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.30  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.28    2 years ago
If you are going to insult me when responding to other people, at least make it  coherent.

If you don't like what Texan1211 wrote about you, don't blame me.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

I once dreamed I was arrested marching with MLK Jr ..... uuhhh or maybe that was the magic mushrooms .....

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sparty On @1.2    2 years ago

I keep expecting that one of these times that Biden references Lincoln he will claim to have helped write the Gettysburg Address. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2  Nowhere Man    2 years ago

I think it has gotten so far out there that even MSM is beginning to go the other way... {chuckle} I wonder what he's going to do to turn it around...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    2 years ago

Why is this OK with people? It didn't used to be. Shit like this got him run out of the 1988 presidential campaign (of course his local constituents obviously didn't care). Now, it doesn't even seem to register with people.

I mean the lies he tells aren't just a matter of exaggeration or - the opposite - downplaying something. It's not a matter of being unwilling to disclose something or not wanting to talk about. These are 100% invented fictions. And the voters could not care less.

Lone fact-checker journalist: Biden told this amazing whopper and we have proof!

America: Huh? Whu! Zzzzz . . .