╌>

'I know the truth': CNN asks Russians what they think about Putin's war

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Nic Robertson

'I know the truth': CNN asks Russians what they think about Putin's war
On Russian state TV, audiences are only being told what the Kremlin wants them to know about the fighting.

Important related discussions:

1. Ukraine War: 'My City's Being Shelled, But Mum Won't Believe Me' 

2. Tyranol: The Drug For Conservatives Who Want To Forget They Praised Putin

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

I know the truth': CNN asks Russians what they think about Putin's war

Nic Robertson reports that Russian state media is not showing the death and destruction from the war with Ukraine and is instead showing Russian soldiers handing out humanitarian aid to Ukranians.

Our military has provided safe corridors for civilians in all areas of combat action... The terrible reality the rest of the world sees, shelling of civilians, suffering, death and destruction, never get's aired on Russian state TV. And many Russian believe their government that the war was forced on them by Ukraine, backed by NATO:

I know the truth. This is a forced measure on our side. After what Russia went through in World War II,  its madness to believe that we want war.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

I know the truth': CNN asks Russians what they think about Putin's war

Nic Robertson reports that Russian state media is not showing the death and destruction from the war with Ukraine and is instead showing Russian soldiers handing out humanitarian aid to Ukranians.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

Our military has provided safe corridors for civilians in all areas of combat action... The terrible reality the rest of the world sees, shelling of civilians, suffering, death and destruction, never get's aired on Russian state TV. And many Russian believe their government that the war was forced on them by Ukraine, backed by NATO.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

I know the truth. This is a forced measure on our side. After what Russia went through in World War II,  its madness to believe that we want war.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

It is madness to believe that we want war.

Putin does not give a its shit about the "we".  He only cares about what he wants, just like his butt buddy Trump.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    2 years ago

It is madness to believe that we want war.

Putin does not give a its shit about the "we".  He only cares about what he wants, just like his butt buddy Trump.

I did something that's considered very politically incorrect on NT-- I actually watched the video before I commented on it!

What I noticed the incredible similarity between how Putin operates--and how trump did when President. Basically, both lie constantly-- and do their best to suppress opposing facts. (Fortunately we do live in a democracy, so its impossible to keep Americans from see alternative viewpoint. But Putin has taken Trumpian tactics to a "whole 'nother level". Because Russia is not a democracy, and the government can control what people can be exposed to. And in some cases jail and torture them.

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.2  shona1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    2 years ago

Putin wants the Russian Empire back and wants to go down in history as doing it..

Oh for a bullet...

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @5.2    2 years ago
Oh for a bullet...

Discussing the horrendous atrocities committed by Putin's forces, I had suggest a bullet as the only solution. 

And Oh-- outcry on NT!

Several people had thought thatwas a terrible idea!

(Puzzled me at first--but then I realized that many people here don't realize how horrible a real dictatoe can be..some really naive and un-informed comments).

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.2.2  shona1  replied to  Krishna @5.2.1    2 years ago

Morning Krishna..

Let them chuck a wobbly...a 45 cent solution..cheap at half the price..hell I will even donate the money..

Never can find someone with a gun when you need them..

shona1
PhD Quiet
6  shona1    2 years ago

Morning..I certainly take any numbers given out on either side with a grain of salt..naturally it is in their interests to exaggerate gains or loses..

Neither side would have a bloody clue as there is so much chaos and destruction...

I have always sieved the fact from the crap and at times they have certainly got things here totally arse about..eg we would have 150,000 dead from the virus in the first six months.. idiots and the media had a field day with that..as of today there are 5,500 lost souls over two years...