╌>

Russia Asked China for Military and Economic Aid for Ukraine War

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  thrawn-31  •  2 years ago  •  54 comments

Russia Asked China for Military and Economic Aid for Ukraine War
Russia asked China to give it military equipment and support for the war in Ukraine after President Vladimir V. Putin began a full-scale invasion last month, according to U.S. officials.

Wow, things are going REALLY badly for the Russians.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Russia asked China to give it military equipment and support for the war in Ukraine after President Vladimir V. Putin began a full-scale invasion last month, according to U.S. officials.

Russia has also asked China for additional economic assistance, to help counteract the battering its economy has taken from   broad sanctions   imposed by the United States and European and Asian nations, according to an official.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Thrawn 31    2 years ago

Wow, the Russians are failing SUPER hard in Ukraine if after only 3 weeks they are looking for military assistance. I mean FFS, the country they are invading is right on their doorstep. Holy shit the Russian Army sucks.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1  JBB  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    2 years ago

Slowly they turn, step by step, inch by inch...

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    2 years ago

Damn,  I guess the Red Army isn't so romping stomping any more...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Snuffy @1.2    2 years ago

They haven't been since WW2 TBH. I have said several times the the Russian military is a paper tiger, and this failed invasion is proving it. 

I mean what the hell? You are the invader, you had all the prep time in the world. And 3 weeks in you haven't taken any major objectives and your military is stalled across the board, your casualties are exceptionally high, and you need assistance from your closest "ally"? And it is not like you were attacking a military powerhouse....

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.2.1    2 years ago

they'll have to auction off some nukes to save their financial asses, if they haven't done so already.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  bbl-1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.2.1    2 years ago

A good read.  "THE MYTH OF SOVIET SUPREMACY,' by Tom Gervasi.  Published in 1986.  Was true then and continues to be so today.  

My personal observation after reading it is this.  President Eisenhower in his farewell address warned us about The Military Industrial Complex.  America didn't hear him and the 'money shuffle' continued at the expense of America's potential.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    2 years ago

cha-ching!!!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    2 years ago

I love how they sunk the ship that tried to take Snake Island.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.4.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.4    2 years ago

"Russian Captain, go fuck yourself."

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.4.1    2 years ago

I almost spit my iced tea out at that one.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.4.3  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.4.2    2 years ago

Should be the new Ukrainian motto.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.4.3    2 years ago

I'm pretty sure it is by now.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.4.5  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.4.4    2 years ago

If not then Zelensky isnt doing his job.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 years ago

There have been numerous articles from military experts saying how inept and a paper tiger the Russian military is. 

Russia's short war with Georgia showed that they are totally inept in logistics. After that fiasco, they revamped their logistics arm and it seems from what we've seen in Ukraine they still suck at logistics.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago

it's that old commie top down chain of command structure. bad military decision = gulag condo in siberia.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @2    2 years ago

I remember that. I remember being in a Poli Sci class when that happened and having to put things into perspective for the other students. My assessment then was that the Russian army is a fucking joke when it come to professional militaries and the only thing they have are nukes. That is it. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2    2 years ago

The losses to date by the Russians are staggering. Over 1500 tanks, APC, MRL, Artillery pieces and various other types of armored vehicles, in addition to numerous fighter jets and helicopters.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @2.2.1    2 years ago

Fucking fake news right there. I cannot believe that a professional military would have suffered those kinds of losses while invading a much poorer, poorly equipped, and less capable country.

But it is the Russian military...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.2    2 years ago

Those figures have been verified as best as can be. 353 tanks alone. 

There was a video today of Russian tanks firing point-blank at apartment buildings.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.4  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @2.2.3    2 years ago

Again, I cannot believe it. 

Maybe that is because I am coming from a competent military that knows what it is doing (Iraq and Afghanistan weren't total losses) this is just unbelievable. How in the fuck would Russian generals order that many tanks into killing fields? And allow the situation to become so bad that their men fire at civillians. 

I mean goddamn, the basics of war are being ignored. Mother fuckers, read Heinz Guderian's book.

I mean fuck the Russians, generally, but goddamn I don't want to see a slaughter. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Kavika   replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.4    2 years ago

Read this from start to finish and it gives a very good review of it and the losses. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.6  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @2.2.5    2 years ago

Only had to read the headline before I threw my hands up and said "what the fuck?!"

Let me get into the rest of it.

Jesus Christ. The Russian commanders are straight up using WW2 Soviet tactics it seems. Drown the enemy in a sea of blood. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.7  bbl-1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2    2 years ago

And remember when President Obama stated that Russia produces nothing that anybody wants.  All they are is a nuclear tipped gas station.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.8  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.7    2 years ago

His comment remains true, nukes are al they have, and the Russian army is proving it in the Ukraine. 

And fuck you for petty partisan dig. Give me a different tactical view and ill listen.

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.9  zuksam  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.8    2 years ago

The problem with the Russian Military is most likely Alcoholism. It's a major problem in Russian society and it's likely ten times worse in the Military.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.10  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  zuksam @2.2.9    2 years ago

Lol, a fine, and ignored point.

We don't agree on much, but that is actually something I hadn't factored in. But it may actually have a huge impact. Hungover soldiers are shitty soldiers.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.11  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  zuksam @2.2.9    2 years ago

aside from the garbage training, the garbage experience, what about booz

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.12  zuksam  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.10    2 years ago

How many months were these soldiers camped on the Ukraine border getting shitfaced. 

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
2.2.13  Moose Knuckle  replied to  zuksam @2.2.12    2 years ago

That begs and interesting question? Why if Nato knew Russia was building up troops on the border did they not start a troop build up on the Polish and Romanian border, a big build up. If Nato had reacted and started moving troops and military hardware to meet the threat, the Russians would have been begging for a seat at the negotiating table. The Russians historically have been paranoid the West would be able to neutralize their nuclear threat and destroy Russia.

We should have told Russia, if you go into Ukraine we will meet you their, if they threatened nukes, we should have bluffed and said we are no longer concerned with that threat because we have the capability to neutralize that and destroy you.

They would not have risked it.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.14  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  zuksam @2.2.12    2 years ago

ask their commanders in europe [Deleted]

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.15  zuksam  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.14    2 years ago
ask their commanders in europe .  Removed for context by charger

What the hell is that all about?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.16  bbl-1  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.8    2 years ago

And the 'petty partisan dig' would be--what?

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.17  JBB  replied to  zuksam @2.2.15    2 years ago

I'm guessing you've had former encounters...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Kavika   replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2.6    2 years ago

Also, watch some of the Krudish video on FB. There are a number of them and they have a ton of film, it's not in english but it pretty easy to see the Russian Z on the tanks and APCs.

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.19  zuksam  replied to  JBB @2.2.17    2 years ago

Not really.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.20  Kavika   replied to  zuksam @2.2.15    2 years ago

I think that was supposed to be a response to Moose Knuckle. 

Just a guess.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.21  JBB  replied to  zuksam @2.2.19    2 years ago

Reading the thread I believe Kavika nailed it.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.22  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  zuksam @2.2.15    2 years ago

i was drunk as shit and said something dumb, sorry man

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.23  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Moose Knuckle @2.2.13    2 years ago
Why if Nato knew Russia was building up troops on the border did they not start a troop build up on the Polish and Romanian border Why if Nato knew Russia was building up troops on the border did they not start a troop build up on the Polish and Romanian border

Ukraine is not a NATO nation. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2.24  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.16    2 years ago

A miscommunication. I am sorry. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

China's been carrying the water for them propaganda wise. Doubt they'll go much further than that if they don't see Russia having a path to victory. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

never speak ill of potential customers until you get the final check.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.1  Hallux  replied to  devangelical @3.1    2 years ago

devferengi

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 years ago

Probably right. I don't think the Chinese will do much more to support Russia if things keep going this poorly. They have a lot to lose in a confrontation with the West.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
4  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

The Chinese government doesn't help anyone unless they benefit from it. They won't help Russia and when Russia can't sell energy in the world, their one customer will demand they do so for cents on the dollar.

Hopefully this deal with the devil will break Russia and then the West can focus on the real threat, China.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Moose Knuckle @4    2 years ago

Pretty sure thaat is exactly what will happen. Russia will become a Chinese client state.

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.2  zuksam  replied to  Moose Knuckle @4    2 years ago

China is in a real bad mood. They were happy to allow Russia to be the guinea pig to see how the world might react to China taking Tiawan, but the results aren't what they were hoping for.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  zuksam @4.2    2 years ago

Agreed. I think they will rethink Taiwan. Given the casualties the Russians have sustained then the Ukraine, China can expect ten fold in Taiwain. Taiwan is an island invasion, (and Americans can say from experience, those suck), so the Chinese should expect heavy casualties just on landing.  It would only get worse for invading chinese forces from there. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.2.2  GregTx  replied to  zuksam @4.2    2 years ago

I think they’re waiting to see how involved we get in Ukraine.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.3  JBB  replied to  zuksam @4.2    2 years ago

Nixon and Mao laid the foundation of a new world order. Two devils made a trade deal that turned Mao's poorass China into Xi's richass China. So yeah, China is shitting bricks...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.4  JBB  replied to  GregTx @4.2.2    2 years ago

China plays chess. Putin only knows checkers.

shona1
PhD Quiet
5  shona1    2 years ago

Morning.. actually China is playing both sides....they support Russia in the invasion and are now sending humanitarian aid to Ukraine...

I think it is dawning on China Ukraine is one of their majour suppliers of wheat and they envision a huge drop in supply...

I also noticed on the China Post website the headline..."We don't forget our Ukrainian friends" with pictures of boxes of aid heading there..I don't think Putin would be to happy about that...

This morning the headline has disappeared..

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  JBB  replied to  shona1 @5    2 years ago

It occurred to me China planned on double crossing Putin. Two world powers being better than three...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.1.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago

Not a double cross, but making Russia a vassal...