╌>

Fox News: 'Heart-wrenching' Zelenskyy speech gives Congress 'vivid reminder' of Putin's brutal war

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 years ago  •  8 comments

By:   By Tyler Olson , Marisa Schultz | Fox News

Fox News: 'Heart-wrenching' Zelenskyy speech gives Congress 'vivid reminder' of Putin's brutal war
"I admire him," Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., who appeared to have been crying, said of Zelenskyy's speech. "My heart goes out to what's going on.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Ukraine-President-Volodymyr-Zelenskyy-Congress-Address.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Photo: AP 

WASHINGTON –  Members of  Congress  Wednesday said they were deeply moved by Ukrainian President  Volodymyr Zelenskyy's  address to U.S. lawmakers, including a graphic video he presented showing the horrors of  Russia's  war on his country.

"The video really captured the moment – devastating. Hopefully people, not only our country gets to see that video, which is very graphic. The whole world needs to see it," Tuberville added. "That's the trouble we're in with these dictators trying to do what they're doing."

In the address, Zelenskyy appealed to Americans emotions, invoking events including 9/11, Pearl Harbor, and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech. He asked the U.S. to enforce a no-fly zone over Ukraine – a proposal lawmakers say is a nonstarter due to the risk of confrontation with Russia – or alternatively to provide Ukraine with fighter jets and anti-aircraft weapons. 

"He is obviously a leader that is hurting for his country, cares deeply, a courageous man," Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, said. "The video that he showed along with his speech was deeply touching... He's up against an evil leader of Russia."

"You looked at those children and senior citizens and, it's murder, there's no other way to describe it," Sen. Ron Wyden, R-Ore., said.

"I admire him," Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., who appeared to have been crying, said of Zelenskyy's speech. "My heart goes out to what's going on. My heart goes out to what's going on. I wish our president would move. We need to get the planes there. We need to get more anti-aircraft equipment there. We need to get more support."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

"I admire him," Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., who appeared to have been crying, said of Zelenskyy's speech. "My heart goes out to what's going on.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @1    2 years ago

Thanks for the article. Better late than never.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    2 years ago

Agreed!

👍

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

'It's murder,' Sen. Wyden said of Russia's war on Ukraine

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @2    2 years ago
'It's murder,' Sen. Wyden said of Russia's war on Ukraine

That's it.  Right there.  Murdering innocents for no reason whatsoever.  NONE.  putin is a war criminal.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    2 years ago

"You could see more concern in his eyes this time than what we saw a week or so ago when we did a Zoom with him," Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., told Fox News Digital.

"The video really captured the moment – devastating. Hopefully people, not only our country gets to see that video, which is very graphic. The whole world needs to see it," Tuberville added. "That's the trouble we're in with these dictators trying to do what they're doing."

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

While the room gave a standing ovation, M T Geico was on her phone basically blowing him off.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  JBB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    2 years ago

Her biopic is coming out starring... Mickey Rourke!

original