╌>

Uh Oh. Don't Say Gay Compliance Angers Moms For Liberty

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  steve-ott  •  2 years ago  •  21 comments

By:    Peter Greene

Uh Oh. Don't Say Gay Compliance Angers Moms For Liberty

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Well, I (among others)   told you so . The letter has been tearing around the internet and, apparently, Florida, and yesterday, Moms For Liberty grabbed a high handful of dudgeon and sputtered onto the Tweeter machine:

The letter writer is, of course, absolutely correct. This is exactly what the backers of the "Don't Say Gay" law asked for, and then asked for again when they insisted repeatedly that it was mean and misleading to call it a "Don't Say Gay" law. 

Now all that's missing is for a parent to exercise the right, baked right into the law, to take some school to court for making their child use a bathroom based on gender, or for using books that include mothers and fathers. 

Or someone may be trolling the Don't Say Gay folks and this is just a goof from the social medias, That doesn't really change the accuracy of the letter or the outrage of some people reading it. I agree that I will eat my hat if a teacher actually sent or will send it.

Meanwhile, to fight back against this outrage against which it is now time to "take a stand," folks like the Moms for Liberty will have to decide if they want to defend the law by saying out loud that it is supposed to be a Don't Say Gay law and not apply to any heterosexual stuff. Grab some popcorn and stay tuned.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Steve Ott    2 years ago

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2  sandy-2021492    2 years ago

Malicious compliance always gives me the giggles.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2.1  seeder  Steve Ott  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2    2 years ago

It is also a consequence of that which is known as "The Law of Unintended Consequences".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    2 years ago

looks like the teacher is going to extremes and may not know what the law allows or prohibits.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
3.1  seeder  Steve Ott  replied to  Texan1211 @3    2 years ago
may not know what the law allows or prohibits

And you do?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Steve Ott @3.1    2 years ago

I know for a fact that the law doesn't mention "Don't Say Gay" no matter how many times people lie about it.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  seeder  Steve Ott  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    2 years ago

Thanks for stating the obvious, although I had rather hoped for a more substantive statement.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Steve Ott @3.1.2    2 years ago

The answer you got was what your question deserved.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    2 years ago

Sounds like another idiot teacher. Parents collective outrage against indoctrination is not something to mock and ignore.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Greg Jones @4    2 years ago

Zealots got to zealot.  Their obsession with sexualizing five year olds will lead them deeper into the crazy.

I hope the Democrats popularize this.  Only drives rational people away from them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

A new poll found that a much greater number of registered voters approved of what is in Florida's parental rights law when it is accurately described to them than those that opposed it.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
5.1  seeder  Steve Ott  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

And if there were government by poll, all anti-abortion laws would be stricken from the books.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Steve Ott @5.1    2 years ago

Lol… such a bubble left Wingers live in

For instance, more Americans support a ban on abortions after 15 weeks than oppose.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Steve Ott @5.1    2 years ago

Then why didn't the SCOTUS leave it to the states?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Parent teacher conferences should be interesting.  The phrase be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
7  seeder  Steve Ott    2 years ago

And, in case anyone is confused, or just doesn't know, here is a link to the text of the statute.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Steve Ott @7    2 years ago

Thanks for proving once and for all that the bill doesn't have "Don't Say Gay" in it despite the media lies.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  seeder  Steve Ott  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    2 years ago

I never said it contained those words.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Steve Ott @7.1.1    2 years ago
I never said it contained those words.

Please note no one accused you of saying it.

In fact, I was pretty explicit in stating "media lies".

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  seeder  Steve Ott  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.2    2 years ago

Considering the amount of acrimony that is contained in so many comments around here, it can be difficult to discern those types of distinctions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Steve Ott @7.1.3    2 years ago
Considering the amount of acrimony that is contained in so many comments around here, it can be difficult to discern those types of distinctions.

I find actually reading and understanding the comments helps with that.