╌>

President Biden seems to praise high gas prices as 'incredible transition' Americans must go through

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  120 comments

By:   YahooNews

President Biden seems to praise high gas prices as 'incredible transition' Americans must go through
President Biden said on Monday that the high gas prices many Americans are feeling is part of an "incredible transition" away from fossil fuels.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Biden said that the country is going through an "incredible transition" away from fossil fuels via the high gas prices being experienced nationwide.

Biden made the statement on gas prices during a joint press conference with Japan Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on Monday.

"Here's the situation. And when it comes to the gas prices, we're going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it's over, we'll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over," Biden said, seeming to justify or praise those sky-high prices Americans face at the pump.

Biden's comments come amid a stretch of record-high gas prices which the American Automobile Association says is "unprecedented."

The national average for a gallon of regular gas stands at $4.56 as of Monday, which is more than $.40 higher than it was just a month ago.

In parts of the country such as California, however, the average price for a gallon of regular gas reached $6.06 on Monday.

Biden added during the press conference on Monday that his administration has taken steps to prevent the price at the pump from going even higher, such as the release of 1 million barrels of oil from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum reserve.

President Joe Biden attends the Japan-U.S. summit meeting at Akasaka Palace state guest house in Tokyo, Japan, May 23, 2022. David Mareuil/Pool via Reuters

"And what I've been able to do to keep it from getting even worse — and it's bad. The price of gas at the pump is something that I told you — you heard me say before — it would be a matter of great discussion at my kitchen table when I was a kid growing up. It's affecting a lot of families," Biden said.

President Joe Biden speaks in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on May 4, 2022. Ting Shen/Bloomberg via Getty Images

"But we have released over two hundred and, I think, fifty-seven thousand — million barrels of oil, I should say. Us and the rest of the world we convinced to get involved. It's helped, but it's not been enough," he added.

The White House has shifted some of the blame for higher gas prices as a result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, calling it a "Putin spike at the gas pump."

Gasoline prices in Jersey City, New Jersey, March 9, 2022. Reuters/Mike Segar

"Let me first say that Americans are paying a higher price at the pump because of the actions of President Putin," then-White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters in March. "This is a Putin spike at the gas pump, not one prompted by our sanctions."

Biden's comments on Monday were ridiculed by several Republicans who said that the president is now "saying the quiet part out loud now."

"They're saying the quiet part out loud now. They're causing you pain at the pump because it's all part of their radical agenda," said Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La.

Biden instituted policies some that say are anti-energy during his first hours in office, including canceling the Keystone XL pipeline that would have moved more than 800,000 barrels of crude oil per day from Canada to Texas, and "pausing" oil and gas leases on federal lands. The Biden administration has also canceled multiple federal oil and gas lease sales, some as recently as this month amid the gas price surge.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

They actually want people to suffer in order to force them to buy an electric car or use public transportation.

What scum!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

"President Biden Seems To Praise High Gas Prices As 'Incredible Transition' Americans Must Go Through"

KEY WORDS - SEEMS TO

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 years ago

Um hum

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to    2 years ago

What does "MUST GO THROUGH" mean to you ?

Definitely does not mean "praising".

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Tell us again exactly how Biden controls the price of gas?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3    2 years ago

That's easy. He went to war with fossil fuel production.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @1.3    2 years ago

He doesn't.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    2 years ago

Uh huh. What constitutes war against big oil?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.3    2 years ago

We've gone through that enough times. The clear very recent history is there for all to see. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    2 years ago
Oil companies regularly lose money. In four of the past ten years, the oil industry lost money. Big oil lost $76 billion just two years ago. Therefore, they are proceeding with caution. They are maintaining more capital discipline. They aren’t rushing to do projects with the assumption that oil prices will remain above $100/bbl. They are doing projects with the assumption that in a year or more when the projects might pay off, oil prices will have retreated to well below $100/bbl.

On this issue, the Biden Administration is correct. The oil industry is going slow. But this belies a misunderstanding of how long it takes to execute a project. Oil companies don’t have crystal balls. They have to make decisions now based on where they think prices are headed. Because of multiple collapses in oil prices over the past decade, they are proceeding with more caution and capital discipline.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.5    2 years ago

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.6    2 years ago

You can just stop with the pipeline bullshit. The pipeline was never in operation to begin with in order to have any impact.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    2 years ago

In other words - you have no answer to the question

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.9  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @1.3    2 years ago
"Tell us again exactly how Biden controls the price of gas?"
Doesn't matter. Dems will be blamed for the high price of gas and groceries

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.7    2 years ago
You can just stop with the pipeline bullshit.

What part of his energy plan did you miss?

From the same Forbes source (different day) you used:

President Biden is  expected to announce  a moratorium on future oil and gas drilling permits today, Wednesday January 27, fulfilling in part his  campaign pledge  to end drilling on federal lands and the continental shelf. The move, which has long been anticipated by the O&G industry, comes on the heels of a January 20 th   order  signed by Acting Secretary of the Interior Scott de la Vega mandating a 60-day restriction for new onshore and offshore fossil fuel leases. Should the Senate  confirm  Deb Haaland as the Secretary of Interior, the order might be extended further or even made permanent, though Republicans will doubtless try to ally with pro-business Democrats in opposing such a move.

Almost a quarter of US oil production and 12 percent of natural gas production takes place on federal land and water. According to the Interior Department’s Office of Natural Resource Revenue  federal drilling programs generated $11.7 billion in tax revenue. If the moratorium extends to all active leases on federal lands, this will be gone, despite the mushrooming 2020 federal debt of $27 trillion and budget deficit of over $3 trillion – a whopping 16 percent of the GDP.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.8    2 years ago

In other words you & the other answer. You chose to ignore it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.12  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.11    2 years ago

I'm looking for the truth.  Not for what passes for the truth 'here'

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.12    2 years ago

Somebody who calls a president names from morning until night isn't looking for the truth.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.14  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.13    2 years ago

Every 'name' I used to describe it are accurate.

There is no truth to be found 'here'.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.15  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.10    2 years ago

Sorry but I agree with the federal land thing, There is no need to defile federal lands except for greed.

The number of operational U.S. oil and gas rigs totaled 698 in the last week of April 2022. Rig numbers have been steadily increasing following a pandemic-induced slump in mid-2020 when falling  benchmark oil prices  and negative economic outlooks hampered upstream activity. As the Russia-Ukraine war has put constraints on oil exports from the region, U.S. producers were incentivized to increase exploration and production.

Most common rig types

Oil rigs are the  most common rigs in the U.S.  At the end of 2021, there were some 480 active oil rigs compared with roughly 106 gas rigs. This discrepancy has been exacerbated over the years, with there being a less pronounced difference in 2011. 2011 was also the year when new well drilling numbers peaked within the past decade, with roughly 2,000 newly bored oil and gas extraction sites. The  majority of oil rigs are found in the Permian Basin . Located in Texas and parts of New Mexico, the Permian Basin has been a harvesting ground for petroleum since the early 1920s and since established itself as the  most productive U.S. oil basin .

Future U.S. oil production

A March 2022 forecast sees  U.S. shale gas and tight oil production  reach roughly 33.7 trillion cubic feet by 2050. Between 2021 and 2025 production is projected to increase by some three trillion cubic feet.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.14    2 years ago
Every 'name' I used to describe it are accurate.

You are similar to Trump, he likes to make up nicknames as well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.14    2 years ago
There is no truth to be found 'here'.  

Maybe some day you'll recognize it when you find it, but I doubt it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.15    2 years ago

There is also no need for oil companies to trust Joe Biden. There won't be any expensive new digs in the next few years. Anybody who tries to deny that Biden is the direct cause of the energy crisis is simply in denial.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.20  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.19    2 years ago

Anyone that blames him as the sole reason for prices is nothing but a partisan.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.20    2 years ago

Gee, the last person who used the word "partisan" around here turned out to be among our most partisan members.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.22  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.21    2 years ago

I read partisan crap here most days. Acting like you are not is laughable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.22    2 years ago

It's not partisan to simply hold the president accountable for what he has said and done.

Joe Biden is praising rising gas prices and chalking it up to the “incredible transition” away from fossil fuels. That's called "the rub."

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.24  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.23    2 years ago

Only your interpretation. Where is he 'praising' it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.24    2 years ago
Only your interpretation.

It would be the interpretation of any objective human being who understands the English language.

Where is he 'praising' it?

Right in front of your eye balls, in the first sentence of the seed:

Biden said that the country is going through an "incredible transition" away from fossil fuels via the high gas prices being experienced nationwide.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.26  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.25    2 years ago

You need to read it again. I see zero praise for high prices.

You are reading into what you want it to say.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.27  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @1.3.26    2 years ago
"You need to read it again. I see zero praise for high prices. You are reading into what you want it to say."

Exactly.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.28  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.16    2 years ago

That's the worst insult anyone could use against me.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.29  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @1.3    2 years ago

Tell us again exactly how Biden controls the price of gas?

2007: Carlson "President Obama has no control over the price of gas."

2022: Carlson "The rising price of gas is 100% Biden's fault!!"

Weird how that works. 

Also kinda odd, every single republican voted AGAINST the anti-price gouging bill last week for fuel. I wonder why? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.30  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.29    2 years ago

Obama was president in 2007?  

I wonder why?

ask   Former economic advisor to the Obama administration Jason Furman.  He slapped down Democrats’ pushing of anti-price gouging bills in Congress, saying these types of bills will not do much to bring down inflation and may even increase shortages.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.31  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.30    2 years ago
Obama was president in 2007?  

2017...typo. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.32  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.30    2 years ago

ask   Former economic advisor to the Obama administration Jason Furman.  He slapped down Democrats’ pushing of anti-price gouging bills in Congress, saying these types of bills will not do much to bring down inflation and may even increase shortages.

Shortages where? Here? Or all over the world? You are aware that the price of gas is going up globally, right? At the end of the day, republicans support price gouging. FACT. So lets try placing blame where it belongs. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.33  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.31    2 years ago

And Obama was president in 2017? S'plain please

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.34  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.32    2 years ago
At the end of the day, republicans support price gouging.

Bullshit but if true, since price gouging is illegal in the US and with Dems in control of 2/3rds of government, they would prosecute those mean Reps.    Without hesitation.

So stop with the bullshit.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.35  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.28    2 years ago

Yet it fits so well.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.36  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.32    2 years ago

Saying "Fact" doesn't mean anything without corroborating support.

Heck, you might as well say "The moon is made of cheese--FACT".

it would carry the same weight and mean the same thing-nothing.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.37  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.31    2 years ago
2017...typo. 

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Democrats attacking George Bush in 2006 over high gas prices. Pelosi even claimed to have a secret plan to lower prices if the Democrats won Congress (which they did, in part by blaming Republicans for high gas prices). Of course, the plan was never released after the election. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.38  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.32    2 years ago

he end of the day, republicans support price gouging. FACT. 

Lol. Everyone understands these "anti-price gouging" bills are just gimmicks  for the ignorant masses.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.39  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.3.26    2 years ago
You need to read it again.

No I don't. I understand English and I know Biden is a sick man pushing an evil ideology.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.40  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.34    2 years ago
Bullshit but if true, since price gouging is illegal in the US and with Dems in control of 2/3rds of government, they would prosecute those mean Reps.    Without hesitation.

Read it for yourself. It was all over the news...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.41  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.40    2 years ago

Could someone let texan know I have had her on ignore for months now? 

Thanks. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.42  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.41    2 years ago

Uh, first, I identify as male.

Second, no need to ask anyone to do it for you, because even though you can't read what I write (your personal choice), I can read everything you write and can choose to respond if I want.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.3.44  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.14    2 years ago

You would know the truth if it came up to you and showed you photoID. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.45  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @1.3.40    2 years ago

I did .... and I quote:

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act would not fix high gasoline prices at the pump, and has the potential to exacerbate the supply shortage our country is facing, leading to even worse outcomes," she said. "For these reasons, I voted no on this legislation today."

And:

Rice likewise told The Hill that the bill "will not have any meaningful impact for consumers and could ultimately cause a chilling effect when we need to increase supply."

Comments from two of the Dems who voted against it.

More to the story than the disingenuous propaganda you’re pushing.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Thanks for nothing Joe...your lies are fooling no one;

Latest price at  King Soopers this morning....$4.09.

Prices for diesel out of sight. That affects truckers and farmers especially hard.

Everything comes to you on a truck at some point

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @1.4    2 years ago

The fools who voted for him bought him for 4 long years!

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.4.2  shona1  replied to  Greg Jones @1.4    2 years ago

Morning Greg..

Petrol prices here in my town $1.90 a litre...higher down Melbourne for some reason.. normally regional areas it is more.

In NZ $3.10 a litre...ouch...

And don't look like coming down anytime so...

Filled up my Subaru Impreza y'day cost $78...the highest I can recall ever after having him for 10 years....

AndrewK
Freshman Silent
1.5  AndrewK  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
They actually want people to suffer in order to force them to buy an electric car or use public transportation.

I mean... that's how capitalism works. At some point the horse and buggy becomes more onerous to own and operate than the new fangled internal combustion engine and a market inversion occurs. The alternative is for the government to mandate the transition through regulation. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  AndrewK @1.5    2 years ago

That is neither innovation nor free enterprise. It is a radical dogma.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    2 years ago

Even though it's not official policy, the Green New Deal is sure making headway in the country.  High gas prices are being used to make electric cars look more affordable, but ignore that the technology as well as the infrastructure for them doesn't really meet the needs.

California has had rolling blackouts for how many years now due to the inability to meet demand.  Now Michigan is warning there may need to be blackouts this summer as the rush to shut down coal and gas fired generating plants has moved faster along, faster than the infrastructure for solar and wind generation can be built which leads to an inability to meet demand if it surges.  

But hey..   let's make the move to renewables NOW...   no better time...      (sigh)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @2    2 years ago
but ignore that the technology as well as the infrastructure for them doesn't really meet the needs.

That's the part the little genius's don't get. There is currently no on ramp from dependable fossil fuels to future technologies.

California has had rolling blackouts for how many years now due to the inability to meet demand. 

Perfect example of the state that self destructed in the name of green/woke ideology.

But hey..   let's make the move to renewables NOW...   no better time...  

Some would say naivete. I think it's like a religious belief, in which results don't matter.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2    2 years ago

So the old infrastructure sucks.

That is your argument against trying to get away from oil?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @2.2    2 years ago

My argument is don't jump until you have the next landing pad built.  I agree that we do need to move away from fossil fuels, but renewables are not yet built up to replace all the demand that fossil fuel currently supplies.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.1    2 years ago

Change is a process. It doesn't happen overnight. For example, even with major car companies switching to electric, it will take decades for it to come into full steam.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @2.2.2    2 years ago

change is a process that requires planning.  IMO what this administration is doing is taking advantage of the high gas prices and actually cheering them on in order to make the faster jump to renewables.  If the little people suffer during the change, what does it matter.  They are just peons and surfs, correct?  

The warnings and concern in Michigan is that there has been an accelerated push to close coal and natural gas generating plants faster and faster.  These plants are being shut down despite the fact that the infrastructure for renewable energy is not built up to take over.  They are shutting down existing plants too fast.  In some cases it is happening overnight, but it is happening at a fast pace, faster than renewable energy infrastructure can be built.  

As for the ever rising cost of fossil fuel (gas prices hit new records for every day in the past two weeks), seeing how everything we eat has to include the cost of fossil fuel in it.  It's the poor who are most injured by these quickly rising prices.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.3    2 years ago

The little people suffer the most from most everything. Do you honestly think the government has zero plans about anything? That they don't consider different scenarios?

The only thing I can see in Michigan that was shut down was a nuclear plant.

Well one other, It is the energy company doing it itself.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @2.2.4    2 years ago

Didn't say the government has zero plans, said they are taking advantage of high gas prices and accelerating their push for green energy.  Pretty sad that  you argue when all I said was they should make sure the infrastructure plan for green energy is built before they shut down fossil fuel plants.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.5    2 years ago

I am just saying, as much as some on the left want to push it and as much as some on the right want to slow it down, it will take its own time.

By the way, I would be a little upset with no natural gas. I like my gas stove.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.5    2 years ago
Pretty sad that  you argue

Sorry too. I can come off as kinda crass. It doesn't sound that way in my head when I am typing it out.  Haha

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @2.2.7    2 years ago

Don't know why you're sorry.  I didn't see it that way.  Snuffy always seems to take offense when someone doesn't agree with every word he says.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.8    2 years ago

Eh, I like him.  He is one person I can talk to and we usually don't get upset.  Haha

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.10  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @2.2.9    2 years ago

I wasn't upset, I just felt it was kind of sad that you were arguing that point.  It seemed that you are more for moving to renewable energy faster instead of allowing the infrastructure to be built up to reduce the impact to the people, especially the people at most risk of being hurt by the action.  It was kind of like some people on this board who are basically "fuck it, they should just buy an electric car" ignoring the simple problem that a lot of the little people cannot afford to buy any car except for an older car or cannot afford to get rid of their current older car.  There are some people on this board who are unable to see beyond their own keyboard.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.10    2 years ago

I agree with your argument. I get irritated when I'm told at work that we won't be using that application in the future so IT refuses to install it. Meanwhile they have nothing to replace it. So how am I supposed to do my work? I make them install it.

Mr Giggles wants to get  rid of something in the house. Do we have a replacement for it? No? Then it doesn't get tossed.

I'm all on board with moving to renewable energy. I do believe it can be done. But I don't want an electric car. I don't see very many charging stations in my rural state. So until I see one at every gas station or I can install one at my house I will keep my gas "guzzling" car.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.10    2 years ago

I can only say,  people invented cars before roads.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.11    2 years ago

My problem is, I kinda have to agree with the people concerned about pollution. All those batteries around.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.2.13    2 years ago

Yes, those batteries are concerning

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.2.12    2 years ago

There were roads...but they were made for horse and carriage

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.16  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.15    2 years ago

True enough.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @2.2.12    2 years ago

Giggles is spot on.    And the charging stations, while a herculean task, is nothing to building the power generation required to power them.

Renewable energy? Great!    Let’s just not get the cart before the horse.   Which is exactly what a lot of greenies are trying to do.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.15    2 years ago

I would have to add that it was private enterprise that added gas stations.

So Imo unless the government added charging stations themselves, we would be at the mercy of private business to add the stations.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2.2.18    2 years ago

And they're not likely to do so

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.20  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.19    2 years ago

I would think the profit margin would suck. I could see something like the power companies setting up stations themselves. Then just get charged on your bill.

I was actually for finding an alternative fuel instead of jumping straight to electric.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.21  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @2.2.18    2 years ago

Due to the nature of how an EV recharges and the time involved to recharge, I doubt that we will see a replacement for a gas station anytime soon.  Gas stations were built only because it was financially feasible to build a sustainable business, not sure how  you can do that with the time involved in recharging batteries.  IMO until they can change the recharge process for the batteries the best we can hope for will be charging stations in individual homes, at work and in store / mall parking lots.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.22  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @2.2.21    2 years ago

I can see the stations doing it, like stop on a trip, plug in and have lunch and be done in an hour or less. A lot of stations around here have booths or tables and cook food.

I just don't think the profit margin would be there.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2.23  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @2.2.22    2 years ago

Agreed,  don't think the profit margin would be there.  For it to work, the car would need to allow for a faster charge as not all EV cars to.  Secondly the charging station would need to be a high-power charging station.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    2 years ago

And the ass wuppin Dems have coming in November just got worse.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    2 years ago

"President Biden said that the country is going through an "incredible transition" away from fossil fuels via the high gas prices being experienced nationwide."

Where does he say this word for word - please do point it out to all your readers.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @5    2 years ago

JFC Do you EVER read the seeded article before commenting?

"Here's the situation. And when it comes to the gas prices, we're going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it's over, we'll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over," Biden said, seeming to justify or praise those sky-high prices Americans face at the pump."

Second paragraph above...............SMMFH

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    2 years ago
seeming to justify or praise those sky-high prices Americans face at the pump."

Sounds like he is trying to tell you all what he thinks Biden is saying.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    2 years ago
"seeming to justify or praise those sky-high prices Americans face at the pump."

"Sounds like he is trying to tell you all what he thinks Biden is saying....."

That's it exactly.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    2 years ago

Read what Biden said. "we'll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over"

He sure as hell isn't saying "We have to do something quick about the prices for the American people"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    2 years ago

So he didn't say that word for word anywhere in the article and whoever wrote this 'article' said this "Biden said, seeming to justify or praise those sky-high prices Americans face at the pump."

KEY WORD 'SEEMING' 

So he didn't say that exactly word for word anywhere and he didn't 'justify' or 'praise' those 'sky-high prices Americans face at the pump'

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.3    2 years ago

What could he do that would be quick? Contrary to what you all believe, there is no magical wand he could wave.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.3    2 years ago
So he didn't say what you said he said.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.4    2 years ago

Are you typing this shit with a straight face? Quit moving the goalposts. Here it what you posted.

"President Biden said that the country is going through an "incredible transition" away from fossil fuels via the high gas prices being experienced nationwide." Where does he say this word for word - please do point it out to all your readers. 

What words aren't in his quoted remark?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @5.1.5    2 years ago

You took that literally? Well do you remember when they tapped into the national reserve to "lower the prices" earlier this year? 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.8    2 years ago

So are you saying he tried to do something about it?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @5.1.9    2 years ago

Band-aid instead of a tourniquet but a try nonetheless.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6  Texan1211    2 years ago

Since Biden opened his mouth again, how long before WH staffers start walking back his remarks or "explaining" what "he really meant"?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
7  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
"Let me first say that Americans are paying a higher price at the pump because of the actions of President Putin,"

How is the left so fucking stupid to believe THIS steaming pile of bullshit and think Biden is doing the right thing?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8  Texan1211    2 years ago

281380854_5907413705954499_5566436822383519032_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Gfe1TeY43tgAX8euwwI&_nc_ht=scontent-hou1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_QXIgsnby5o5OfLZUr1_4JRLK-3N22yVN0jY3YduUwbw&oe=62917BED

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    2 years ago
They're causing you pain at the pump because it's all part of their radical agenda," said Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La.

Uh, no. Let’s not give the president that much credit or buy into the latest absurd comment about gas prices. I mean, does anyone really believe that gas prices are high on purpose?? Because of some plan that Biden had? That’s ridiculous. I mean, good try and all, on the spin attempt. But, nah.

The truth is that gas prices are out of control, like so many things, and the administration has no idea why, nor the slightest clue what to do about it.