╌>

Elon Musk comes to defense of ‘Libs of TikTok’ over Twitter death threats

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 years ago  •  18 comments

Elon Musk comes to defense of ‘Libs of TikTok’ over Twitter death threats
“A platform cannot be considered inclusive or fair if it is biased against half the country.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Elon Musk has come to the defense of the woman behind the controversial Twitter account “Libs of TikTok” after she tweeted that she was receiving death threats.

Musk,   the Tesla CEO who has committed to acquiring the social media site for $44 billion , tweeted: “Why?” after the “Libs of TikTok” creator — who was identified by The Washington Post as Chaya Raichik of Brooklyn, New York — tweeted on Monday she had “now received about a dozen death threats after radical leftists accused me of being a domestic terrorist extremist.”

“Twitter has not removed any of the accounts of those who sent the threats,” she added.

Musk then commented: “A platform cannot be considered inclusive or fair if it is biased against half the country.”

The tech mogul has vowed to change Twitter’s content moderation policies once he takes the company private once the acquisition is complete.

Musk has said he intends to reinstate former President Donald Trump’s Twitter account, which was shut down after the events at the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Raichik also tweeted that she was forced to relocate due to continuing death threats from other social media users.

“Update: After the events of the past 2 days I’ve decided to move to a safer location until things calm down,” read a post from “Libs of TikTok” that was tweeted on Tuesday. “Thank you all for your kind words and support.”

Raichik on Monday posted a screenshot of a message she received from another social media user who claimed to have sent her a pipe bomb “for literally supporting nazi bigots.”

“Hi  @FBI , I’m being threatened with a pipe bomb. Can you please look into this?” she tweeted in response.

Why?   @Twitter
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk)   June 14, 2022

Raichik tweeted that she received at least a dozen death threats from other social media users.

Last week,   Raichik was prevented from posting on her Twitter account   after users protested a tweet thread about drag shows to which young children were invited.

“Libs of TikTok” posts TikTok videos from liberals who often speak about gender identity and other hot-button issues that have become a staple of political and cultural debates.

The   account has amassed   more than 1.2 million followers.

Raichik also tweeted that she was forced to relocate due to continuing death threats from other social media users.

“Update: After the events of the past 2 days I’ve decided to move to a safer location until things calm down,” read a post from “Libs of TikTok” that was tweeted on Tuesday. “Thank you all for your kind words and support.”

Raichik on Monday posted a screenshot of a message she received from another social media user who claimed to have sent her a pipe bomb “for literally supporting nazi bigots.”

“Hi  @FBI , I’m being threatened with a pipe bomb. Can you please look into this?” she tweeted in response.

Why?   @Twitter
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk)   June 14, 2022

Raichik tweeted that she received at least a dozen death threats from other social media users.

Last week,   Raichik was prevented from posting on her Twitter account   after users protested a tweet thread about drag shows to which young children were invited.

“Libs of TikTok” posts TikTok videos from liberals who often speak about gender identity and other hot-button issues that have become a staple of political and cultural debates.

The   account has amassed   more than 1.2 million followers.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

After being doxxed by the crazed activist working for the Washington Post, the site owner continues to receive death threats.

Her "crime?"  Sharing the tik toks, tweets etc of insane liberals, often teachers, talking about their racism, sexualising  of minors etc...  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago
"tweets etc of insane liberals, often teachers, talking about their racism, sexualising  of minors etc..."

Another whackjob ranting about things that aren't happening.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    2 years ago
Another whackjob ranting about things that aren't happening.

She literally reposts tik toks of progressives doing exactly that.

Do you not believe in reality?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    2 years ago

She's not telling the truth about anyone.  SHE'S LYING.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    2 years ago
She's not telling the truth about anyone.  SHE'S LYING.

Do you understand what's happening, at all? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.3    2 years ago

No .... denial is a very insidious mental malfunction.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago
Her "crime?"  Sharing the tik toks, tweets etc of insane liberals, often teachers, talking about their racism, sexualising  of minors etc...  

Some liberals have a hard time with people telling the truth about them.

I can certainly see why!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    2 years ago
ome liberals have a hard time with people telling the truth about them.

it's pretty amusing. Progressives own words are now hate speech against progressives. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.1    2 years ago
it's pretty amusing. Progressives own words are now hate speech against progressives. 

That IS hilarious!

I guess we could always agree, if they stop telling lies about us, we could stop telling the truth about them!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.1    2 years ago
Progressives own words are now hate speech against progressives. 

Yeah, I looked it up. She routinely reposts some of the dumber things liberals say on Twitter.

Can't be telling the truth about THAT!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    2 years ago

He's not buying Twitter now.  This story is irrelevant.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago

So you think domestic terrorism is irrelevant.  

Not surprised. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    2 years ago

Domestic terrorism happens every day by conservatives/gop/gqp/republicans and by their supporters.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    2 years ago

And according to this person and Musk, by progressives / liberals / leftists / Democrats and their supporters.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    2 years ago

I don't believe her.  Where are the posts from the alleged hateful libs?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

All according to the NY Post.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    2 years ago

Where are the death threats she allegedly received?

Revillug
Freshman Participates
6  Revillug    2 years ago

I read the NYPost article twice. Musk doesn't seem to want to ban anyone on either side of the pissing contest.

The pipe bomb threat sounds like it is BS but people should know better than to say things like that. A visit from the FBI would be appropriate.