╌>

Fully Vaccinated and Double-Boosted Dr. Fauci Has COVID

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  137 comments

By:   Townhall

Fully Vaccinated and Double-Boosted Dr. Fauci Has COVID
The National Institutes of Health announced on Wednesday that Dr. Anthony Fauci, the face of America's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, had contracted COVID despite being fully vaccinated and double-boosted

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The National Institutes of Health announced on Wednesday that Dr. Anthony Fauci, the face of America's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, had contracted COVID despite being fully vaccinated and double-boosted against the virus. The NIH reported that Fauci has "mild symptoms" and "has not" been close to President Biden recently.

BREAKING: Dr. Fauci tests positive for COVID-19. pic.twitter.com/PgRGvvBRx9
— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) June 15, 2022

A release from the National Institutes of Health explained further:

Today, Anthony S. Fauci, M.D. director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health, and Chief Medical Advisor to President Biden, tested positive for COVID-19 on a rapid antigen test. He is fully vaccinated and has been boosted twice. He is currently experiencing mild symptoms. Dr. Fauci will isolate and continue to work from his home. He has not recently been in close contact with President Biden or other senior government officials. Dr. Fauci will follow the COVID-19 guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and medical advice from his physician and return to the NIH when he tests negative.

Fauci, who become a literal cover model for his work to supposedly tell (or force) Americans to keep from spreading or contracting COVID-19, apparently couldn't avoid the virus forever.

Despite the fact that President Biden previously stated that COVID-19 is "a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Dr. Fauci is just one of many within the Biden administration who have contracted COVID after being fully vaccinated.

Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Attorney General Merrick Garland, Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, Communications Director Kate Bedingfield, then-Press Secretary Jen Psaki, current Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, and adviser Susan Rice are just some of those within Biden's inner circle who've had COVID previously despite being fully vaccinated. All reportedly experienced mild symptoms and eventually returned to their duties.

Recommended Biden Rails Against Oil Companies in Letter to Execs. Republicans Tell Him to 'Look in the Mirror.' Leah Barkoukis

Fauci was scheduled to appear before the Senate Health Committee on Thursday for a hearing on the "Ongoing Federal Response to COVID-19."

We wish Dr. Fauci — who offered flip-flopping guidance, repeatedly violated COVID policies he'd urged, and insisted that the country lock down to the detriment of our people and our economy — a full and speedy recovery.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated".....Joe Biden

Oddly enough, Fauci was scheduled to testify tomorrow in front of his most feared adversary, Sen Rand Paul.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

You forgot fully masked ..... that is as long as someone is watching and/or when convenient.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    2 years ago

Didn't he advocate and wear two masks for a while?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    2 years ago

Two or three. That was after he told us they weren't effective

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    2 years ago

Who knows, I stopped listening to that sanctimonious little prick a long time ago.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    2 years ago

That's a lie.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    2 years ago

And yet again, you are wrong.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.5    2 years ago

No, I'm not.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    2 years ago

And you can back it up where.....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Right!  Dr. Fauci fears that idiot?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

A glorified optometrist?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 years ago

That would be Medical Doctor to you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

The unvaccinated are the fucking morons dying of Co-Vid.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    2 years ago

How did flip-flop Fauci get it?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    2 years ago

This is what happens when you having fucking morons at the federal level that don't understand that Covid has mutated; and the original vaccines are no longer nearly as effective. The drug manufactures would like to thank Biden, Fauci, and the CDC for continuously pushing vaccination and making them billions. Even they are smart enough to state that the vaccines do not prevent you from getting Covid; transmitting Covid to others; and it only may (may that is) decrease the effects of Covid. 

From those of us that are unable to get the vaccines due to medical conditions- from the bottom of our very hearts- FUCK OFF!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3.2    2 years ago

Yeah, I'll go to Wedbmd and cnn for my medical advice.

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

And you're the go to expert regarding Co-Vid?  and the Vaccines?  

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

So according to you this is some conspiracy?

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    2 years ago

How did flip-flop Fauci get it?

Seriously?  The guy is a public speaker.  He is constantly around other people, and as a doctor more than likely in a number of hospitals all the time.  Nothing, I repeat NOTHING is 100% fool proof.  The fact that he has gone this long, in the public life, without catching says a lot to his methods.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.4    2 years ago
NOTHING is 100% fool proof.

Oh, then it really wasn't a pandemic of the unvaccinated!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.5    2 years ago

Oh, then it really wasn't a pandemic of the unvaccinated!

That is a very ignorant statement.  If everyone were vaccinated, there wouldn't be a pandemic.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.6    2 years ago
If everyone were vaccinated, there wouldn't be a pandemic.

Speaking of ignorant statements................How do you figure? People that are vaccinated still get it and can spread it. Which is where we are now............the vaccine doesn't eradicate the disease, simply calms down the severity.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.8  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.7    2 years ago

If everyone were vaccinated then the illnesses would be limited to the breakthroughs which are a tiny portion.   That would not be a pandemic.

Ozzwald is correct.   A pandemic level would not be reached if everyone were vaccinated for COVID-19.

the vaccine doesn't eradicate the disease, simply calms down the severity.

The vaccines prevent the majority of people from getting sick and mitigates the spread. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.6    2 years ago
If everyone were vaccinated, there wouldn't be a pandemic.

Do you actually read what you post before hitting the post your comment button?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.10  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.9    2 years ago

What, specifically, is incorrect in what you quoted?

He did not write that COVID-19 would cease to exist.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.11  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.10    2 years ago

There is no way to be sure we would not have reached pandemic numbers.  The number of break through cases is getting higher by the day.  Stating something as a fact when it is nothing more than conjecture and a way to demonize people that did not get the vaccine is disingenuous at best.  Same can be said when someone comes forward to "interpret" what someone else meant even though chances are they have never even met before.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.8    2 years ago
Ozzwald is correct.   A pandemic level would not be reached if everyone were vaccinated for COVID-19.

I beg to differ. 

pan·dem·ic
/panˈdemik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.
    If it wouldn't be eradicated, it would still qualify since it isn't going to go away any time soon. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.13  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.11    2 years ago
There is no way to be sure we would not have reached pandemic numbers. 

Do you understand what the term 'pandemic' means?    Show me the numbers of break through cases per capita that on their own would get us or the planet anywhere near a pandemic.    You cannot.  

Stating something as a fact when it is nothing more than conjecture and a way to demonize people that did not get the vaccine is disingenuous at best. 

Oh just admit that Ozzwald is correct ... that if everyone on the planet were vaccinated against COVID-19 that there would not be a pandemic.   There is no way you can spin this.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.14  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.12    2 years ago
If it wouldn't be eradicated, it would still qualify since it isn't going to go away any time soon. 

Then every extant disease is a pandemic.

Don't be so overly ridiculous.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.15  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.8    2 years ago
If everyone were vaccinated then the illnesses would be limited to the breakthroughs which are a tiny portion. 

The jury is still out on that.    

As biased as both sides are I doubt we will ever see an accurate representation of the data there.    I’ve seen studies that range between 1 in 5000 and 1 in 100 for breakthrough infections.    A huge range.

Most folks I know who got covid had a breakthrough infection.    I got a breakthrough infection.    I suspect breakthrough infections are an uncomfortably higher percentage than most politicians and pharmaceutical companies would like to admit.

I doubt we will ever know what the true efficacy of these vaccines was.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.16  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.14    2 years ago
Then every extant disease is a pandemic.

Nope. This one is world wide not just localized in a few countries or on one continent. You think as you want, and I will do the same.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.17  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.15    2 years ago
The jury is still out on that.    

Show me the numbers of breakthrough infections per capita that would cause the declaration of a pandemic for breakthrough infections alone.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.18  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.16    2 years ago

Okay so you wish to limit the meaning of pandemic to worldwide.   Fine, let's go with that.

Then, per your logic, every extant disease that occurs worldwide is a pandemic.

Your logic remains ridiculous.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.17    2 years ago

How about just New York State................

As of data received through June 13, 2022, the New York State Department of Health is aware of: 1,571,444 laboratory-confirmed breakthrough cases of COVID-19 among fully-vaccinated people in New York State, which corresponds to 11.7% of the population of fully-vaccinated people 12-years or older. 

In particular, pay attention to the chart embedded in the data. From 8.7 per 100K in March to 46 at May 16th and it doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.20  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.13    2 years ago
Oh just admit that Ozzwald is correct ...

I know it is the liberal way to bully people into admitting things that are just not true but it won't work on me.  The simple fact is there is no way to know what would have happened if everyone was vaccinated when it first became available to them.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.21  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.19    2 years ago

Are you going to keep moving the goalposts on each iteration?   Now you switch from worldwide pandemic to 'New York State' pandemic.   

Arguing that breakthough cases are rising in New York means that there would be a worldwide pandemic even if everyone were vaccinated is as ridiculous as your other arguments.  

Amusing thrashing though.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.22  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.20    2 years ago
I know it is the liberal ...

I am no liberal; do not presume.

The simple fact is there is no way to know what would have happened if everyone was vaccinated when it first became available to them.

Show me the numbers of breakthough cases per capita that come anywhere close to causing the CDC, et. al. to declare a worldwide pandemic.    Arguing from ignorance is typically a poor argument, especially when we have numbers to evaluate.   The numbers, by the way, are the number of extant breakthrough cases per capita and the threshold for declaring a pandemic.   Let's see the numbers that back up your notion that we could achieve a pandemic level on breakthrough cases alone.

Also, by the way, the USA is no longer considered in a pandemic situation.   Yet we still have plenty of breakthrough cases.   Does that give you any indication of how wrong you are?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.23  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.21    2 years ago

You wanted fucking stats! I got them from just one state. If you can't put 2 and 2 together and come up with a bit of a change in your attitude on the subject, THAT is your problem not mine...................

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.24  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.6    2 years ago

Your statement is the epitome of ignorance. China isolated Wuhan and they couldn't contain it.

Why don't we just admit that democrats played politics with the pandemic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.8    2 years ago
If everyone were vaccinated then the illnesses would be limited to the breakthroughs which are a tiny portion. 

Show where we ever saw that happening?   How can you even say that.  What do you really know about covid?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.26  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.22    2 years ago
I am no liberal; do not presume.

That is a matter of opinion.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.27  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.22    2 years ago
me the numbers of breakthrough cases per capita that come anywhere close to causing the CDC, et. al. to declare a worldwide pandemic. 

The pandemic was declared by the WHO in March 2020.  There were 7,000 cases diagnosed in the world on that date. . There were 600,000 yesterday.   Even a miniscule breakthrough rate will generate 7,000 cases a day. The rate is obviously much higher than that. For instance,  New York's data demonstrates a breakthrough rate approaching is  10%  in vaccinated citizens. So even in June, a  low month for covid, we would easily exceed the threshold of cases used to declare a pandemic just among the fully vaccinated. . 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.28  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.27    2 years ago
New York's data demonstrates a breakthrough rate approaching 10%, 

And in the link I provided, they actually state that it is 11.7% at the point in time they put the numbers together.

There were 7,000 cases diagnosed in the world on that date. . There were 600,000 yesterday.

And BINGO!!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.29  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.22    2 years ago
 Does that give you any indication of how wrong you are?

Not even close.  It does show me someone insisting that they know things when in reality there is no way to know them though.

It is up to you to prove  "if everyone on the planet were vaccinated against COVID-19 that there would not be a pandemic".  You keep throwing shit out to try and prove something that can not be proven.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.30  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.8    2 years ago
"If everyone were vaccinated then the illnesses would be limited to the breakthroughs which are a tiny portion.   That would not be a pandemic."

"Ozzwald is correct.   A pandemic level would not be reached if everyone were vaccinated for COVID-19."

"the vaccine doesn't eradicate the disease, simply calms down the severity."

"The vaccines prevent the majority of people from getting sick and mitigates the spread." 

The truth.  Pay no attention to the 'experts' [ lREMOVED . ]   jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

[ THANK YOU! ]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.31  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.30    2 years ago

No calling out!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.32  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.14    2 years ago

Some folks just make shit up as they go along.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.33  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.32    2 years ago

Who are these "folks?"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.34  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.18    2 years ago

Logic?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.35  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.34    2 years ago

Hello!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.36  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.32    2 years ago
Some folks just make shit up as they go along.  

Yes, yes you do.  Daily

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.37  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.28    2 years ago
And in the link I provided, they actually state that it is 11.7% at the point in time they put the numbers together.

You do realize that no vaccines claimed to be 100% effective, right? When first vaccinated at best it was just barely over 90% and then the efficacy would wane after that. Pointing out that 11.7% of vaccinated people in NY were infected means the efficacy was averaging 88% which is what you would expect from vaccines that run between 75% to 92% effective.

Will vaccinated people still get infected? Yes, but both the odds of infection and the severity of the virus if infected are significantly lowered by getting vaccinated. Why is this so fucking hard for some morons to understand? That's all Fauci has been stating so this right wing conservative supposed 'Gotcha Fauci' nonsense is just a bunch of ignorant horse shit.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.38  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.37    2 years ago
Pointing out that 11.7% of vaccinated people in NY were infected means the efficacy was averaging 88%

Without 100% being exposed, even though it SEEMS to be simple math, you cannot conclude 88% efficacy. Oh that it were that simple.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.39  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.23    2 years ago

You got caught trying to move the goalposts and clearly failing to substantiate your criticism of Ozzwald.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.40  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.25    2 years ago
Show where we ever saw that happening?   How can you even say that.  What do you really know about covid?

Maybe you do not understand this narrative.   Nobody has argued that the entire world was vaccinated and that we have seen the results.

What we can observe is that break through illnesses are a tiny percentage and that the illnesses are far less severe than for unvaccinated people.

Are you truly unaware of this?

Do you truly think that if the entire planet was vaccinated that we would see a pandemic consisting only of break throughs??    

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.41  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.26    2 years ago
That is a matter of opinion.

Then you have no idea what you are talking about and clearly do not pay attention to what I have written.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.42  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.39    2 years ago

That TOO is a matter of opinion. A full of shit opinion. How the hell you can sit there and type that with a straight face is beyond me. Unless there is 100% cases of exposure, you simply cannot deduce the 88% efficacy. Simple.

SMMFH

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.43  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.27    2 years ago

Tell me then why the CDC does not reverse its relaxations and go back to recommending precautions as it did prior to having a vaccine.   The reason is because the current rates and severity of breakthrough infections is insufficient.

When this started, the CDC was looking at rates of infection to predict the likelihood of people getting infected.   They declared a pandemic based on their models and the severity of the infections and it turns out that their assessment was correct.

We now have hard data on efficacy of the vaccines.   If everyone on the planet were vaccinated then the only infection we would see would be breakthroughs.  In addition, with fewer people getting infected we have fewer hosts for generating new variants.   As an aside, it is certainly reasonable to hold that we would have seen fewer variants if everyone were vaccinated.   Given that a pandemic is based on high expansion rates and the criticality of the disease (e.g. the common cold is not a pandemic) how do you compare much lower spike rates among the vaccinated and less severe infections among same with those who are unvaccinated?   

If the planet were fully vaccinated, what data supports the ridiculous assertion that the breakthrough cases alone have the infection rate and severity that rises to a level of a pandemic per the criteria of the CDC?

The data shows that if the planet were fully vaccinated, COVID-19 infections would still be happening.   Show me how you go from 'infections still occur' to 'infection rates and severity rising to the level of a pandemic'.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.44  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.43    2 years ago
Show me how you go from 'infections still occur' to 'infection rates and severity rising to the level of a pandemic'.

Move that goalpost!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.45  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.42    2 years ago

What nonsense.

Let me remind you of how this started:  

Ozzwald @ 1.3.6  If everyone were vaccinated, there wouldn't be a pandemic.

That is at the ' no shit ' level of obvious.  Yet you come back with this ill-conceived snark:

JustJim @ 1.3.7 Speaking of ignorant statements................How do you figure? People that are vaccinated still get it and can spread it. 

Your stupid argument is that because vaccinated people can still be infectious and can still get sick that there would indeed be a pandemic even if the entire planet were vaccinated.   That dilutes the meaning of pandemic to basically having an active virus where people are getting sick and infecting others worldwide.   That is NOT the concept behind a declared pandemic.   Not even close.

You then leap to the extreme of eradication as if one must eradicate a disease to not be in a pandemic:

JustJim @ 1.3.7 ☞ Which is where we are now............the vaccine doesn't eradicate the disease, simply calms down the severity .

Ozzwald did not claim that if all were vaccinated that the coronavirus would be eradicated .    So you moved the goalposts right off the bat.   If the severity and rate of infection does not meet the CDC criteria for pandemic, we would not have a pandemic.   So where do you find numbers showing that worldwide infection rates and severity of the fully vaccinated are at the levels that would have triggered a pandemic?

Basically, you are arguing that the vaccines have no impact on mitigating infection or mitigating severity.   Absolute nonsense:

According to data from the US CDC, unvaccinated people are at 11 times the risk of death from COVID-19 than vaccinated people . People who get COVID-19 after being vaccinated are much more likely to only experience mild symptoms; efficacy against serious illness and death remains high . Get vaccinated, as soon as it’s your turn.   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.46  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.44    2 years ago
Move that goalpost!

That allegation has zero supporting evidence.   Show me how I have moved the goalpost.   

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.47  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.29    2 years ago
You keep throwing shit out to try and prove something that can not be proven.

You are arguing that even if the entire planet were vaccinated we would be in a pandemic situation per the CDC.

It is impossible to prove that we would be or would not be in a pandemic because the entire world is NOT vaccinated; so you hide behind that and argue 'nuh uh'.   If someone is actually trying to approximate truth they would not play such games and would engage in an analytical process.

Imagine that everyone on the planet was fully vaccinated.    Based on the efficacy of the vaccines (empirically known) and the degree to which they mitigate both infecting others (which reduces the potential hosts which can spawn variants) and the severity of the infection (especially deaths), you somehow believe that we would still have experienced a pandemic.

How?

You seem to entirely disregard the efficacy of the vaccines and claim, blindly, that the world would have been in a pandemic, vaccine or not.   Effectively you are suggesting that even with the substantially reduced infection rates and severity indicated by the breakthrough infections vs. unvaccinated infections the world would have still declared a pandemic.

In effect you somehow believe that we will be in a worldwide COVID-19 pandemic even if we managed to vaccinate everyone on the planet.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.48  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.45    2 years ago
Basically, you are arguing that the vaccines have no impact on mitigating infection or mitigating severity.   Absolute nonsense:

Bulllshit. What did I type RIGHT HERE?

"the vaccine doesn't eradicate the disease, simply calms down the severity ."

You are NOT always right no matter who has convinced you you are. Now Buzz the fuck off!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.49  Ozzwald  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.22    2 years ago
Show me the numbers of breakthough cases per capita that come anywhere close to causing the CDC, et. al. to declare a worldwide pandemic.

It is even worse than that.  The vaccines have also been shown to decrease the ability of COVID to spread, it makes you less contagious.  Therefore, if everyone was vaccinated, not only can you only count the number of break thru cases, you can only count the break thru cases that caught COVID from other break thru cases.

Oh, and thank you TᵢG for backing up my statement.  I got busy and was unable to get back online for a while.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.50  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.48    2 years ago

And now you resort to the slimy tactic of attempting to deny the net meaning of your argument by cherry-picking a single sentence.

Nobody argued that the vaccine eradicates the disease so you are clearly arguing from an extreme.   The claim by Ozzwald was:

Ozzwald @   1.3.6  ☞   If everyone were vaccinated, there wouldn't be a pandemic.

He never even hinted at eradication.  So, in short, your response is simply more bullshit.

Now Buzz the fuck off!

Get a grip.   Continuing to get emotional does not help you make a good argument.   In fact, it just broadcasts how poor your 'argument' has been thus far.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.51  TᵢG  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.49    2 years ago

This little exercise has illustrated yet again that some will attempt to argue a stupid point no matter what.   They dig in and will emit utter nonsense rather than simply accept that they are dead wrong and learn from it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.52  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.51    2 years ago

The irony in that statement is flowing like the mighty Mississippi

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.53  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.47    2 years ago

approximate truth

Really, that's what you are going with?

jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.54  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.51    2 years ago

I agree. And thank you for a perfect example of it

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.55  Ozzwald  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.51    2 years ago

This little exercise has illustrated yet again that some will attempt to argue a stupid point no matter what.   They dig in and will emit utter nonsense rather than simply accept that they are dead wrong and learn from it.

Happens way too often with some.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.56  Right Down the Center  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.52    2 years ago

Some people are just exhausting and exasperating to try to have a conversation with. It reminds me of my kids when they were 16 and were sure they knew everything.  Luckily they outgrew it, not everyone does.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.57  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.53    2 years ago

Everything in life is an approximation of truth.

I see you have nothing of value to offer.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.58  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.55    2 years ago

But it is amusing to see.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.59  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.52    2 years ago

Just keep being vague, Jim, I am sure that will make people think you actually had an argument.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.60  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.57    2 years ago

Everything in life is an approximation of truth. 

Sounds like a fortune cookie. When you just keep repeating the same thing again and again and double down on approximate truth it is impossible to take you seriously.  So I dont

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.61  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.59    2 years ago

Just keep being vague

You mean like approximate truth? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.3.62  afrayedknot  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.61    2 years ago

“You mean like approximate truth? “

As opposed to ‘alternate’ truth?

This whole thing is beyond comprehension. Words being parsed, facts being dismissed, lives being lost at the worst, disrupted at best. We have lost our way in the political minutiae and subsequent pointing of middle fingers.

We deserve all that will follow in our collective idiocy. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.63  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.38    2 years ago
Without 100% being exposed, even though it SEEMS to be simple math, you cannot conclude 88% efficacy. Oh that it were that simple.

And without 100% of those exposed being infected that means the vaccine does work and has value. So while 100% have likely not been exposed, many infected likely didn't get exposed the day after their vaccination. We all know the efficacy wanes after vaccination, but if it were 50% or even just 20% efficacy, IT'S STILL FUCKING WORTH IT! How is this not understood by everyone? This is truly a no brainer but some Neanderthal dipshits still want to whine and complain and gnash their teeth about their supposed fucking 'freedom' being infringed. Lashing out at Fauci because he got infected is one of the most ridiculous idiotic moronic lines of reasoning I've ever heard. It would truly take some pond scum with below room temp IQ to believe their angst against the vaccine is somehow justified or reasonable.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.64  Right Down the Center  replied to  afrayedknot @1.3.62    2 years ago

I thought alternate truth was just as lame as approximate truth. Yet we should not surprised since some have started promoting 'my truth. That may have started with Don lemon but maybe not.

As long as we let the extremes lead the way you are right, we deserve what we get. Luckily it is not too late yet.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.3.65  afrayedknot  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.64    2 years ago

“Luckily it is not too late yet.”

For the very first time in my long and hopeful life, I am fearful it just may be. 

Volunteering to a cause one believes in has kept me sane, for everything else is truly insane and debilitating. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.66  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.61    2 years ago

This is simple.

Very few thing in reality are absolute, 100% truth.    Most of what we consider facts are an approximation to truth.   The reason is that in most cases there is always a possibility that what we think is truth could be wrong.

It is naive to think otherwise.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.67  TᵢG  replied to  afrayedknot @1.3.62    2 years ago

If the entire planet were vaccinated for COVID-19, given the empirical data on efficacy, do you think COVID-19 would have turned into a worldwide pandemic?   If you answer 'yes' then offer a thoughtful explanation.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.68  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.64    2 years ago
As long as we let the extremes lead the way you are right, we deserve what we get.

Well its clear Fauci wasn't one of the 'extremes'. He was a voice of reason who adjusted recommendations as information and data was collected and best guesses evolved along with the virus. Those who deserve what they got are the ones who ignored the recommendations because they thought they knew better. Did those who listened and did their best still get infected? Yes, there were no guarantees. You can go out on the highway and drive as careful as possible, following all the rules and recommendations for safe driving, buckled seatbelt, no texting while driving, going the speed limit, and still get creamed by some other reckless driver. Does that mean we should ignore the rules and recommendations, take off our seatbelts, text while driving and go how ever fast we want because there's no guarantee of our safety even if we follow the rules? Of course not, only a fucking moron who believe that. Sadly, the pandemic showed us how many fucking morons there are in America and it was a far larger number than I expected. I guess I was too optimistic in thinking there was no way there would be so many millions of idiotic dumb shits walking the streets.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.3.69  afrayedknot  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.67    2 years ago

Not sure your intended implication, but the obvious answer to your question is no.

Lots of mistakes made, hopefully a teaching moment. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.70  TᵢG  replied to  afrayedknot @1.3.69    2 years ago

The question was intended to be taken at face value.  It is the essence of the ‘debate’ in this thread.

I agree that the answer is almost certainly ’no’.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.71  Right Down the Center  replied to  afrayedknot @1.3.65    2 years ago

As soon as the word compromise is rediscovered by our elected officials we can start to move in the right direction. Of course that means they might have to tell the I want all or nothing extremes to STFU.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.72  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.68    2 years ago

Did you ever notice when a group of people calls another group of people morons the possibility of having them change their view drops to about 0?

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.3.73  squiggy  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.59    2 years ago

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.74  bugsy  replied to  squiggy @1.3.73    2 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.75  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.72    2 years ago
Did you ever notice when a group of people calls another group of people morons the possibility of having them change their view drops to about 0?

When a mind is full of shit and should be changed like a dirty diaper, I'm not their parent and feel no need to change it for them. Pointing out the diaper is full is as far as I'm willing to go, if they don't want to change it then they get to live with the stink.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.76  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3.75    2 years ago

Then be happy in the thought that is exactly how many others feel about you. And we continue to get nowhere.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.77  Right Down the Center  replied to  squiggy @1.3.73    2 years ago

Amen

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.78  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.76    2 years ago
Then be happy in the thought that is exactly how many others feel about you.

Those who are 'driving recklessly' know who they are, if they feel those driving safe and following the rules of the road are morons then they're welcome to their opinion, but that doesn't make them any less of a reckless fucking moron themselves.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.79  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.17    2 years ago

Lol .... going for it on 4th and 50 eh?    I never said it was a pandemic of only breakthrough infections so stop with the obtuse comments.

You’re the one who claimed breakthrough infections are a only a tiny portion.    That is your claim to prove not mine.    I simply said the jury is still out as studies I’ve read do vary wildly.     Feel free to reread 1.3.15 again for clarification if needed.

And please define what you mean by “tiny” in this context.    Such a subjective word ......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.80  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.22    2 years ago
I am no liberal

and I’m the king of England ...... your body of work speaks for itself, you are liberal.    Perhaps what you meant to say is that you aren’t a card carrying Democrat.    That I could believe.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.81  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.79    2 years ago

Pay attention to the context established in this thread.   You clearly have not followed it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.82  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.80    2 years ago

You presume to tell me that you know my views better than I do.    You do not.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.83  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.3.27    2 years ago
New York's data demonstrates a breakthrough rate approaching is  10%  in vaccinated citizens.

That were reported.    People like me who got a break through infection and simply quarantined until better and were never reported as my positive test was privately administered.

I suspect the percentage is much higher.    A logical conclusion since that would be a very bad thing for many scientists and politicians out there who claimed differently.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.84  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.81    2 years ago

Pay better attention to my comments.    You clearly aren’t fully comprehending them

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.85  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.82    2 years ago

I have simply read your body of work here.

Perhaps you don’t understand how sites like this work.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.86  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.85    2 years ago
I have simply read your body of work here.

Your analysis is demonstrably confused.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.87  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.86    2 years ago

Opinions do vary but lucky for me I don’t care about your opinion on the matter.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.3.88  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.86    2 years ago

Please let me know a couple things the liberals say that you don't agree with.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.89  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.3.88    2 years ago

I will do this once.

• Illegal immigration should be put under control by a secure border (ideally with technology)
  • Spending is beyond out of control
  • Everyone should be contributing to society if they have the means to do so.    'Free' handouts should be earned.
  • Biden or Harris should not be even under consideration for 2024
  • The role of the federal government is constitutionally limited but it has grown into a central 'benevolent' government.   The federal government should protect our borders and administer over that which covers the scope of the nation (i.e. interstate, monetary policy, standards, ...)    It should provide the framework that allows the states to govern according to their needs.
  • Partisan impeachments harm the nation.
  • Fossil fuel energy dependence should not be abruptly halted or forced.    Our infrastructure is far too dependent on same.   However, we cannot go to the Trump extreme and ignore the environmental concerns.   We need a strong, sensible approach the encourages renewables and reduced demand.
  • Simply throwing money at a problem will fail
  • The SCotUS should NOT be increased to secure partisan equality.
  • Both parties need to be effective;  ideally we have three or more major parties.

Okay, that should suffice.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.90  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.89    2 years ago

Uh, I don't think most Liberals believe those things either.

It is comical to me that some think just because a Dem is president that all border security is non existent.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.91  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @1.3.90    2 years ago
It is comical to me that some think just because a Dem is president that all border security is non existent.

Why do you think that I believe our border security is non-existent and that is just because we have a D PotUS?   Where do I write anything like that??

Uh, I don't think most Liberals believe those things either.

I wrote that speaking, essentially, to someone with a conservative viewpoint.

Conservatives often claim / think that our borders are open under Biden.    But even so, I did not write that our borders are open.   I wrote this:

Illegal immigration should be put under control by a secure border (ideally with technology)

I do not consider our borders to be under control.    Do you?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.3.92  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @1.3.90    2 years ago

Nah but it is comical that anyone would even try to suggest that this admin has treated illegal immigration and border security as seriously as the last one.

Comical.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.93  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.91    2 years ago

I don't think the border has been under control for over a hundred years.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.94  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @1.3.93    2 years ago

Then why do you object to what I wrote?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.95  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.94    2 years ago

It just sounded like an over generalization.

Cars are not being forced off the road or confiscated,

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.96  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @1.3.95    2 years ago
It just sounded like an over generalization.

This??:

Illegal immigration should be put under control by a secure border (ideally with technology)

Or are you referring to something else?   If it is the above then I am totally lost how that can be seen as wrong.   The only answer to illegal immigration is to secure the border.   I think we should use technology (rather than walls).  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.97  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.96    2 years ago

I was wrong about the border not being secure in over a hundred years. Fact is, it never has been.

Even with walls they dig tunnels, etc.

I tried to talk to some about what Harris was trying to do. Get companies to invest in Central, South America. If was flat out rejected as taking away jobs from people in the US.

Nobody wants to solve the problem by looking at why we have the problem to begin with.

Instead it is the same point, over and over again. Build a bigger, better wall....

Meanwhile, while the republicans are complaining about China, they are in Central and South America making inroads.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.98  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @1.3.97    2 years ago
Even with walls they dig tunnels, etc.

I favor a technological solution.   We have technology that can easily detect human beings and can do so underground as well. 

I am not in favor of trying to fix the problems, especially the systemic ones, of Mexico given the abundance of problems we face domestically.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.99  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.98    2 years ago

See? Ya righty you!   Haha

I do like the technical aspect. Once up and running I think it would be cheaper and less man power.

I wasn't really talking about Mexico. There are some Mexicans that think the US stole their land. Although I always wondered what would happen if the US and Mexico got together to take out the cartels.

I was talking more about South of them. I just think we should be building inroads with these countries.

There will always be the idea of the American dream. I am just saying these countries are part of America too. If that makes any sense.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.100  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @1.3.99    2 years ago
I was talking more about South of them.

I will generalize my comment from Mexico to South America in total.   I could be more in agreement if the USA was not in such dire straits right now.   We cannot fix our own problems so we have no business attempting to fix those of other nations.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.101  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.59    2 years ago

Nah, we know the truth.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.102  bugsy  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.87    2 years ago

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.103  bugsy  replied to  Sparty On @1.3.80    2 years ago
you are liberal

Very much so

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.105  TᵢG  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.3.104    2 years ago

As usual you offer nothing of substance, no mention of the research you imply that you did, just meta bullshit.   It takes no skill at all to troll.

If everyone on the planet were vaccinated against COVID-19 that there would not be a pandemic is obvious given the fact that the level of breakthrough infections do not come even close to a pandemic.   And that is even within a reality where the virus was able to spread freely prior to anyone being vaccinated.

Note the profound difference between the number of deaths when unvaccinated vs. vaccinated.   If everyone had been vaccinated the death count would be heavily skewed towards the fully vaccinated counts. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.4  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
most feared adversary, Sen Rand Paul.

LOL

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    2 years ago

Repeat - it's the unvaccinated who are DYING FROM Co-Vid.

You can be fully vaccinated and boosted and get Co-Vid, duh

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago

See post 1.3.2

Repeat the last line as often as needed until you get the point.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    2 years ago

See post 2

So you go out fully masked then?  Social distance?  Take the proper precautions?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    2 years ago

Tell them "they can run, but they can't hide!"

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    2 years ago

If I am by myself when I go out I am not masked. I carry a mask with me; but only wear it when I am around other people. I don't wear a mask the full time at the office. Our desks are 15 feet apart- so it shouldn't be an issue (yet it is).

I always try to social distance- I hate being in crowds; so I was doing that long before Covid. Now if someone would just tell the fully vaccinated people to stay the fuck away from me! I swear they think they are bullet proof since they are vaccinated. Social distancing died when the myth of being vaccinated will save you started. 

What other proper precautions are you talking about? There are only so many things you can do when you have co-workers that you need to interact with daily; work visitors; and the occasional idiots and morons that wonder in off the street trying to sell you something. I really love it when my co-workers grab one of the pens on my desk and then return them to the bin w/o sanitizing them first. I then have to sanitize the whole bin of pens. Who knows if they use them when I am at lunch. I don't have time to sanitize my whole desk every time I come into work.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.3    2 years ago

So it's everyone who is at fault and not you.  Got it.  

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    2 years ago
So it's everyone who is at fault and not you.

That is exactly what the democrats always say about, well about everything.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.3    2 years ago
I swear they think they are bullet proof since they are vaccinated. Social distancing died when the myth of being vaccinated will save you started. 

You got that right.  My wife teaches at the elementary school.  All workers there are vaccinated and my wife is also boosted.  As time when on, fewer and fewer teachers and kids wear masks.  Because i have a compromised immune system, my wife continued to work with a mask. 

She caught COVID over memorial day weekend.  Significant systems for as couple days and then returned to work one week later.  We avoided each other and I didn't get it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.7    2 years ago

That's the alleged conservative/gqp mantra.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago
Repeat - it's the unvaccinated who are DYING FROM Co-Vid. You can be fully vaccinated and boosted and get Co-Vid, duh

You are the go to expert regarding Covid and the Vaccines?  Where did you get your medical degree?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago
Repeat - it's the unvaccinated who are DYING FROM Co-Vid.

And, again you are wrong.

But in January and February, amid the Omicron surge, more than 40% of Covid-19 deaths were among vaccinated people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3    2 years ago

No, I'm not.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

I used to look forward to hear what St. Fauchi and Dr. Birx had to say.  I admit I was tired of listening to Trump for the first 20 minutes of their briefings and wanted to move on with what they said.  It did not take long to see that they were constantly waffling.  I think my trust on them started to wane when they lied to the American people about the N95 masks.  Dr Birx was smart enough to get out when the CDC and Fauchi were seen as the liars they are.  Fauchi on the other hand will stay around as long as there is a TV network that will have him on.  It is sad actually, that an obviously intelligent man has been relegated to someone unwilling to let go of his 15 minutes of fame.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 years ago
I admit I was tired of listening to Trump for the first 20 minutes of their briefings

Considering little that came out of Trumps mouth about Covid was accurate, even 20 minutes was too long.

It did not take long to see that they were constantly waffling.

If anyone was giving you absolutes about a new deadly airborne virus, like Trump was, they were almost certainly lying to you. The waffling should be expected about a virus that had few certainties when it was first discovered. What Fauci and others at the CDC recommended were precautions they knew could help but were not 100% since nothing was 100% when it comes to a new virulent airborne pandemic other than complete quarantine. They were making best guesses early on, and as time went on their recommendations changed as would be expected as more data was studied and they had more experience with this virus. And even then they couldn't give guarantees, they understood it wasn't a matter of if but when variants would emerge and knew that those recommendations would likely have to change based on the ever changing situation. The only thing the CDC wasn't truly prepared for and didn't have any proper recommendations to fight was the monumental idiocy of millions of stupid fucking morons thinking they knew better than the virologists and listened to dangerous right wing conservative media conspiracy theories and those that were telling them this was a freedom issue and not a matter of public safety. The CDC was unprepared to fight the virulent and apparently highly infectious right wing conservative brain disease that spread throughout the poorly educated conservative masses. The CDC should have recommended ear plugs instead of masks to fight the tsunami or stupidity that flooded through right wing conservative bastions throughout the south and Midwest.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

"The only thing the CDC wasn't truly prepared for and didn't have any proper recommendations to fight was the monumental idiocy of millions of stupid fucking morons thinking they knew better than the virologists and listened to dangerous right wing conservative media conspiracy theories and those that were telling them this was a freedom issue and not a matter of public safety. The CDC was unprepared to fight the virulent and apparently highly infectious right wing conservative brain disease that spread throughout the poorly educated conservative masses. The CDC should have recommended ear plugs instead of masks to fight the tsunami or stupidity that flooded through right wing conservative bastions throughout the south and Midwest."

Thanks to their dear leader and his enablers/supporters

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4    2 years ago
millions of stupid fucking morons thinking they knew better than the virologists

You mean, like for instance, Nancy Pelosi telling San Francisco to come out and enjoy Chinese New Year?

Those morons?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5  Gordy327    2 years ago

It's no surprise some would jump all over this like rabid dogs and thinking they have some "Ah-Hah" moment against Dr. Fauci.