╌>

DeSantis Leads Trump in 2024 New Hampshire Primary, General Election Polls

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  32 comments

By:   YahooNews

DeSantis Leads Trump in 2024 New Hampshire Primary, General Election Polls
DeSantis has repeatedly dodged questions about a potential 2024 run.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A new poll shows that support for Florida governor Ron DeSantis in a hypothetical 2024 GOP presidential contest among likely New Hampshire voters has grown substantially, with DeSantis even boasting a slight lead over former president Donald Trump.

The University of New Hampshire survey found that support for DeSantis has more than doubled since last October to 39 percent. Thirty-seven percent of likely voters said they would vote for Trump. Nine percent said they would vote for former vice president Mike Pence, and six percent said they would support Nikki Haley.

In October, Trump had a sizable lead, garnering support from 43 percent of the same demographic. DeSantis followed with 18 percent, while Haley and Pence trailed at six percent and four percent respectively.

The poll found that in a hypothetical general election matchup against President Biden, DeSantis fares much better than Trump among New Hampshire voters.

Biden defeated Trump in New Hampshire in 2020 by eight percentage points. The new poll found that 50 percent of likely voters would still vote for Biden, while 43 percent would back Trump.

However, in a hypothetical contest between Biden and DeSantis, 47 percent say they would vote for the Republican governor, and 46 percent said they would vote for the president.

DeSantis has repeatedly dodged questions about a potential 2024 run.

Fox & Friends co-host Pete Hegseth pressed DeSantis on the topic earlier this month, noting during an interview that "2022 is coming up, 2024. We know President Trump is considering a run. we know your name is atop that list as well."

"Where does that all sit in your mind right now?" inquired Hegseth.

"It just sits when people bring up my name. We've got a lot going on," replied DeSantis.

Hegseth again brought up the issue later in the conversation, asking "if he [Trump] runs, do you run? How do you make that decision?"

"Nice try," responded DeSantis. "We're having fun here. It's all good."

DeSantis has not asked for a formal endorsement from Trump for his reelection bid as governor of Florida and does not plan to, sources told Politico.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

I want to emphasize an important point here:

The poll found that in a hypothetical general election matchup against President Biden, DeSantis fares much better than Trump among New Hampshire voters.

So not only has DeSantis stock risen in the GOP, but as many of us believe, the poll shows he has a better chance to beat Biden than Donald Trump. Beyond that we are getting a much younger man without any of the Trump baggage. DeSantis has demonstrated he will not only resume the Trump policies, but he has gone where Trump hasn't. DeSantis has taken on the left in education and business in the state of Florida. He offers two terms. By 2024, the country will be waiting for a young America First candidate.

PS

They are going to help us do it.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Is that all you care about? Taking on the left?

That is exactly what is wrong in this country right now, Thinking everyone that doesn't think like you is an enemy.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @1.1    2 years ago

"Thinking everyone that doesn't think like you is an enemy."

You seem to be very good at doing that

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    2 years ago

I may think people are morons, doesn't mean I hate them.

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.3  goose is back  replied to  Ender @1.1    2 years ago
Thinking everyone that doesn't think like you is an enemy.

No, not an enemy, just wrong.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    2 years ago
The new poll found that 50 percent of likely voters would still vote for Biden, while 43 percent would back Trump.

What is wrong with these people?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

Which ones?

The 50% that would vote for clueless Joe?  or the 43% who would vote for Trump?

I really doubt either will be candidates in 2024.  The dems are going to deep six both of them.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago
... the 43% who would vote for Trump?

Anyone who thinks that Trump should be given a position of power, much less the presidency, is out of touch.

I really doubt either will be candidates in 2024. 

I agree, I do not expect to see either.   Biden of course has a better chance of being on the ticket than Trump (being the incumbent).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.1.2    2 years ago

We've come to expect that from our dishonest partisan media.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 years ago

I agree. Who the hell would vote for biden the clown after seeing the shit show he’s brought to the nation.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @2.2    2 years ago

You are not agreeing with what I wrote so do not pretend to do so.  

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2.2  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.1    2 years ago

No i’m not but i do find it bizarre that 50% would vote for the clown in the white house. He’s been a complete disaster and anybody that doesn’t see that is out of touch. By the way, you do not tell me what to post.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @2.2.2    2 years ago
By the way, you do not tell me what to post.

It is dishonest to pretend you agree with someone while writing the opposite.   If you do not like people telling you to be honest then do not be dishonest.

No i’m not but i do find it bizarre that 50% would vote for the clown in the white house.

If a vote comes down to Trump, with all you know about his potentially criminal actions, or Biden you would vote to give Trump the power of the presidency?

That is irrational, irresponsible and unpatriotic.

Biden has not been impressive (and I never expected him to be impressive) but giving Trump those powers is out of the question.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.2.4  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.3    2 years ago

You’re right, i should not attempt subtle humor with some, won’t happen again.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.3    2 years ago
That is irrational, irresponsible and unpatriotic.

It's just the opposite.

Biden has not been impressive

Hands down, the most destructive president we ever had.

but giving Trump those powers is out of the question.

Terrible sense of priorities on your part.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    2 years ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    2 years ago
Terrible sense of priorities on your part.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @2.2.4    2 years ago

What humor?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.9  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    2 years ago

It is irrational, irresponsible and unpatriotic to vote to hand the presidency to Trump under any conditions.   

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.9    2 years ago

You may recall the recent testimony of Rusty Bowers, the man who refused to accommodate then President Trump?

Allow me to use his words:

"Bowers was one of five recipients of this year’s John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage award for his refusal to consider overturning the 2020 election results despite pressure from Trump and his supporters."

But while Bowers said the efforts by Giuliani and other Trump backers have been hurtful, he does not levy any criticism on Trump directly and would support him if he were on the ballot.

“If he is the nominee, if he was up against Biden, I’d vote for him again,” Bowers said. “Simply because what he did the first time, before COVID, was so good for the county. In my view it was great.”

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.11  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.10    2 years ago

Not only is that irresponsible and unpatriotic, it presumes that Trump caused our strong economy and is thus irrational.

Amazing that some partisans place party over country.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    2 years ago
DeSantis has not asked for a formal endorsement from Trump for his reelection bid as governor of Florida and does not plan to, sources told Politico.

Smart move, IMO.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @3    2 years ago

After the Republicans decisively win control of the House and Senate, DeSantis will become much more active

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    2 years ago

What is your point?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    2 years ago
but giving Trump those powers is out of the question.

He will have a lot to do.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    2 years ago

Obviously he is talking about legislation.

The legislation DeSantis passed in Florida would be a starting point plus we will need real tight & tough immigration laws, deregulation of the oil industry and a shakeup of the intelligence agencies. On day one DeSantis should have an even larger stack of EO's to overturn all of radical Joe's EO's. Dr Fauci, FBI Director Wray and everyone over at the DOJ needs to be fired on day 1.

It will require a lot of preparation.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    2 years ago
It will require a lot of preparation.

You might want to add an H to that preparation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3.1.4    2 years ago

I'm sure you are the expert on that.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    2 years ago

But that has nothing to do with my post.   The reply is a non sequitur so the ‘point’ is bizarre. That should have been a new post , not a reply.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.6    2 years ago

You asked what his point was. I understood it and I responded.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.7    2 years ago

And I noted that making such a point has nothing to do with my post.