╌>

Arizona Republican candidate in ad says AR-15 needed to fight against 'Democrats in Klan hoods'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  2 years ago  •  28 comments

By:   Tara Kavaler, Arizona Republic

Arizona Republican candidate in ad says AR-15 needed to fight against 'Democrats in Klan hoods'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tara Kavaler, Arizona Republic

Wed, July 6, 2022 at 5:23 PM

e3126437453b4194ebfd35f7dee0be7f

Congressional candidate Jerone Davison participates in a Republican debate on Arizona PBS on Monday, May 9, 2022.

A provocative new campaign ad in which Republican congressional candidate Jerone Davison uses an AR-15 rifle to defend his family from "a dozen angry Democrats in Klan hoods" met Wednesday with mixed reaction online.

Davison,   a former NFL player and pastor , is one of five Republicans running for the GOP nomination in Arizona's 4th Congressional District, which includes parts of Tempe, Mesa and Chandler.

He  posted   the 24-second clip with the caption "Make Rifles Great Again," with an emoji of a bicep curl, which is often used to indicate strength.

The video starts out like a standard Republican campaign ad in words:

"Democrats like to say: 'No one needs an AR-15 for self-defense. That no one could possibly need all 30 rounds.'"

However, the initial image of the a Ku Klux Klan member hints where the ad is headed. As the Klan member walks toward Davison's house, he sits in his kitchen sipping coffee in a cup that displays the American flag and then clasps his hands together and places them toward his face as if he is praying.

"But when this rifle is the only thing standing between your family and a dozen angry Democrats in Klan hoods, you just might need that semi-automatic and all 30 rounds," the narrator says.

Davison exits his house with the AR-15 as a mob approaches with a pitchfork and other weapons. When the approximately six or seven Klan members — with one appearing to be Black — see Davison's gun, they retreat.

The ad drew reactions from both sides of the political spectrum.

"This has to be the greatest campaign ad in history! Best of luck in your race sir!" one Twitter post   says .

Conservative commentator Shemeka Michelle   wrote : "Haha!! I love it! He played their game against them."

Others were not so supportive. "The historian in me is weeping. The human is screaming," another Twitter user  said.

"There's something about Ex-NFL players & head injuries. Jerone Davison & Herschel Walker are walking advertisements of CTE," another   said , referring to the brain condition chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

The Davison campaign did not respond immediately to a request for comment about the ad.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    2 years ago

"Democrats like to say: 'No one needs an AR-15 for self-defense. That no one could possibly need all 30 rounds.'"

However, the initial image of the a Ku Klux Klan member hints where the ad is headed. As the Klan member walks toward Davison's house, he sits in his kitchen sipping coffee in a cup that displays the American flag and then clasps his hands together and places them toward his face as if he is praying.

"But when this rifle is the only thing standing between your family and a dozen angry Democrats in Klan hoods, you just might need that semi-automatic and all 30 rounds," the narrator says.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1    2 years ago

Personally, I don't give a rat's behind whether that angry armed mob coming onto my property is extreme far left wing or extreme right wing, I will still have that semi-auto rifle handy and ready to defend myself, my family, and my property.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    2 years ago

JFC.  WTF is wrong with these people?

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1  evilone  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago

They think the rest of us are stupid... and they are probably half right.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @2.1    2 years ago

When it comes to those who support today's 'right'/gop/gqp/alleged conservatives.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    2 years ago

Once again, can you please tell us what you mean by "alleged conservatives"?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2    2 years ago
There's something about Ex-NFL players & head injuries. Jerone Davison & Herschel Walker are walking advertisements of CTE," another said , referring to the brain condition chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

That's what's wrong with them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    2 years ago

292012181_10227726220002485_5948305641100979385_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p552x414&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=a7F4mS54SrYAX8nxGPe&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT9KW-o1HB6CMS_AAXRIj09ZN14UjV9SSJYcES92Webkzw&oe=62CB8651

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4  Ronin2    2 years ago

Pissed that an African American Republican played the racist card against Democrats?

Attacking him just proves his point.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @4    2 years ago

Nothing like using the history of the racist Democrats to prove a point.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4    2 years ago

He's a know nothing token republican.  Fuck him.  

No one is attacking this know nothing hateful token republican.  And I think he was some kind of pastor too.  What a hateful scumbag!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    2 years ago

"There's something about Ex-NFL players & head injuries. Jerone Davison & Herschel Walker are walking advertisements of CTE," another      said  , referring to the brain condition chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

They become republicans.  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
6  Wishful_thinkin    2 years ago

Klan members are now and have always been conservatives.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @6    2 years ago

And if anybody here doesn't know that...I suggest they pick up a history book or at least watch "Mississippi Burning"

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1    2 years ago

Nixon's 1972 "Southern Strategy" to incorporate disaffected and partyless Dixiecrats into the gop of today is basic US History...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @6    2 years ago
lan members are now and have always been conservatives.  

Lol. You should learn your history.  The KKK was a progressive organization, which is why they backed the Progressive Democrat and heir to the racist Progressive Democrat Woodrow at the Klanbake Democratic Convention. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
6.2.1  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2    2 years ago

Laugh away. I'm correct. See 6.1 and maybe you'll learn something. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @6.2.1    2 years ago

Right. history by movie.

Go ahead. Look up the Klanbake Convention and the Klan's efforts to elect the Progressive Democrat William Gibbs McAdoo.  Or, read anything about the great Progressive Woodrow Wilson, who loved the Klan creation myth Birth of a Nation and resegregated the Federal Government.  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
6.2.3  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.2    2 years ago

Sure, sure.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
6.2.4  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.2    2 years ago

Sure, sure.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @6    2 years ago
"Klan members are now and have always been conservatives." 

Klan members are now and have always been Democrats..

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3.1  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @6.3    2 years ago

Actually, the Ku Klux Klan endorsed Donald Trump in 2020!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.3.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @6.3.1    2 years ago

The KKK in 2020 is a guy with a Xerox machine.  It exists mainly in the minds of people who  are gulled by the SPLC to donate to their poverty palace. 

Probably the leading white nationalist in the country, Richard Spencer, endorsed Biden.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
6.3.3  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Greg Jones @6.3    2 years ago

Hahahahaha. Wrong. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
6.3.4  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Greg Jones @6.3    2 years ago

You should be a comedian.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3.5  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.3.2    2 years ago

What percent of KKK are Democrats today? 0!

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.3.6  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @6.3.2    2 years ago

Actually, that isn't close to being true. Harrison is the headquarters for the Arkanas KKK. Quite the interesting place with their racist billboards on Highway 65 coming into town. Quite the place, you should do a bit of research on that grand city. I lived in Lampe, MO 45 miles away and drove through Harrison on a regular basis. 

Now here is some information on the KKK in Florida. Recently three prison guards KKK members were convicted of putting out a hit on a previous inmate. 

Great stories on the undercover agent that lived and dealt with KKK here in North Central FL. 

I would say that they have a lot more than a Xerox machine.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    2 years ago

Jerone Davison, the congressional candidate is a black guy, right?  Shades of Steven or figuring how to get in on the right wing grift?