Washington mayor torched as hypocrite for complaining about border migrants bused to DC

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 months ago  •  51 comments

By:   Charles Creitz (Fox News)

Washington mayor torched as hypocrite for complaining about border migrants bused to DC
District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser is getting criticized for complaining about migrants being bused to Washington who are utilizing homeless shelters.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser is being criticized as a "Not-in-my-backyard" hypocrite for complaining about the influx of asylum seekers utilizing homeless shelters and other city services, months after Texas began busing migrants to the place they say caused the overall crisis.

Bowser called the migrant issue "significant" and said she is urging a coordinated federal response, further claiming migrants are being "tricked" into boarding buses to Washington.

Earlier this year, video circulated of buses arriving from Texas and debarking passengers off Massachusetts Avenue near Capitol Hill.

Fox News host Pete Hegseth said it is ironic for Bowser to call for a coordinated response from the Biden administration, when that is what Republicans have been calling for since he took office and chipped away at Donald Trump's border security policies:

"I've been wanting Greg Abbott to declare an invasion which gives constitutionally the state of Texas additional powers. And I downplayed what he was doing on busing illegals to D.C.; I think I was wrong on that," he said.

"They're not being tricked. They're being asked. They're volunteering to go to Washington, D.C. as a result. Now they're flooded in swamp. And she's admitting what we always knew about big city leftist elitists," Hegseth added, saying the admission is that the "elite" class wants the rest of America to suffer under their policy decisions, "as long as they're in someone elses backyard, not ours."

Hegseth wondered aloud whether Bowser now understands the real plight of officials in New Mexico, Texas and Arizona where migrants have been illegally entering from Mexico en masse for years.

"It's one of the best examples we've seen yet of the complete double standard they live in. She just she said it on TV for us," he said.

Former Trump Treasury Assistant Secretary Monica Crowley echoed Hegseth, adding Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is not alone in trying to redirect illegal migrants to places where President Biden and the elite class will feel the repercussions of their policy actions.

She pointed to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has openly considered busing illegal immigrants to Delaware after "ghost flights" were landing in Jacksonville and dispersing migrants statewide.

Officials in other states are floating similar measures including Pennsylvania's Republican gubernatorial nominee, State Sen. Doug Mastriano, who touted a proposal that would levy international monetary remittances made by illegal immigrants and divert the revenue to lower property taxes.

"It's a great way to deter illegal immigration and we can put that new revenue towards tax breaks for legal citizens," Mastriano, R-Franklin, told Fox News.

Fellow Pennsylvania State Sen. Mario Scavello drafted a plan he said was inspired by DeSantis to relocate migrants flown into the president's hometown of Scranton to the president's current hometown of Wilmington and vicinity.

If the ghost flights are "good enough for Pennsylvania, then why not redirect the relocation to Delaware?" Scavello, R-Monroe, said in January.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 months ago

Why don't you want them, Muriel?

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 months ago

I recommend Bowser sit down with the Biden dumpster fire and figure out how to take care of the problem it caused.  

Right Down the Center
Sophomore Guide
3  Right Down the Center    3 months ago

Her solution is to keep the illegals in Texas and other republican run states.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    3 months ago

That is a fair assessment.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    3 months ago

Yep, cannot have them illegals fouling her leftist liberal Democrat run paradise of a city!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2    3 months ago

How is it that DC is a city run/fouled by a 'leftist liberal Democrat run paradise of a city'???????????????

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.1    3 months ago

If you have to ask that, then there is no explaining it to you.

Right Down the Center
Sophomore Guide
3.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.2    3 months ago

Unless CNN, MSNBC or the DNC tells them they won't believe it 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.2    3 months ago

Of course you have no answer.  Why am I not surprised?  

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
3.2.5  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.2    3 months ago

[deleted]

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
3.2.6  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @3.2.5    3 months ago

What Restriction ?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.4    3 months ago

First you have to ask a reasonable question to get a reasonable answer. You did not ask one, so you should not be surprised you got no answer. Bye now.

charger 383
Professor Quiet
4  charger 383    3 months ago

she does not want feral cats dropped off in her city?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @4    3 months ago

Yep.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
5  magicschoolbusdropout    3 months ago

This happens ALL THE TIME, When Liberals have to actually deal with something they produced (Shit), and it's dropped in their personal laps by those they already dumped/defecated on in the first place.

They don't like it !

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6  Jasper2529    3 months ago

Biden's open border policy has allowed millions of so-called "processed"  illegal aliens, hundreds of thousands of got-aways, and untold thousands of pounds of Fentanyl and other illegal drugs to pour into every state but Bowser doesn't want to feed, house, educate a few thousand illegals who volunteered to go to her crime-ridden city? Hahahahaha!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6    3 months ago

There is no such thing as President Biden's open border policy.

Y'all just make shit up as you go along.  

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    3 months ago
There is no such thing as President Biden's open border policy. Y'all just make shit up as you go along.  

Please inform both Democrat and Republican CBP agents, sheriffs, and Congress members, because they disagree with you.

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
6.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.1    3 months ago

It's amazing how some are so ignorant that an EO was signed on January 20, 2021 stopping the actions securing the border setting the Biden "open border" policy.

Right Down the Center
Sophomore Guide
6.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.1    3 months ago

You forgot to mention the film footage of a constant stream of people that can see every day

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.2    3 months ago

Oh, do you mean this one that he signed on 20Jan2021 at the height of the pandemic while everyone was still masked and mandated?

Right Down the Center
Sophomore Guide
6.1.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.2    3 months ago

Willful ignorance is strong with some on the left. 

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
6.1.6  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.2    3 months ago
It's amazing how some are so ignorant that an EO was signed on January 20, 2021 stopping the actions securing the border setting the Biden "open border" policy.

Mayorkas was ready for it. 

President Joe Biden’s administration says we could be facing up to half-a-million illegal immigrants per month being apprehended at the southern border when Title 42 protections are lifted later this month.

But don’t worry, says Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas — they’ve been prepping for this since last fall and, heck, it might not be that high.

In an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday, the DHS secretary insisted that the system could handle the additional numbers because “we prepare and we plan,” meaning they were “ready for anything.”

I wonder what a reeeeeaaaaal Open Door Policy reeeeeaaaaaaly looks like ?

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6.1.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Right Down the Center @6.1.3    3 months ago

FNC's drone footage and Bill Melugin's reporting have given us a spectacular, accurate visualization as to the effects of Biden's open door illegal alien immigration policy.

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @6.1.6    3 months ago

I also wonder whatever happened to Mayorkas and Harris regarding the mess they and Biden made at the border. They never talk about it.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
6.1.9  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.8    3 months ago

“In Central America, the root causes of migration run deep — and migration from the region has a direct impact on the United States,” Harris wrote in a cover letter discussing the plan. “For that reason, our nation must consistently engage with the region to address the hardships that cause people to leave Central America and come to our border.”

Harris still can't "Find Waldo" .

She's too busy trying to find "Big Words" to use to sound smart. She still can't find a way to put those "Big Words" together in a comprehensible way.

Just another one of those "Can't Find Waldo" problems she has.

“You guys are gonna see, you’re gonna literally (Big Word) see the craters on the moon with your own eyes!”

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
6.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @6.1.5    3 months ago

Willful at least acknowledges something is fucked up, they know about it and CHOOSE to ignore it.  Many of these people just don't have a clue.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.11  JBB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.10    3 months ago

Poor oppressed immigrants have sought refuge and a better life in America since our founding. They have generation after generation contributed to this nations growth, wealth and ever increasing productivity. Why are they a problem now?

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Principal
6.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6.1.11    3 months ago
Why are they a problem now?

Exactly, and they do work that even poor, native born Americans refuse to do.

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
6.1.13  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  JBB @6.1.11    3 months ago
Poor oppressed immigrants have sought refuge and a better life in America since our founding. They have generation after generation contributed to this nations growth, wealth and ever increasing productivity.

The "LEGAL" way back in the day !

Ellis Island, a small island in New York Harbor, served as the site of America's first federal immigration station. From 1892 to 1954, over 12 million immigrants entered the United States through the island. Today the approximately 100 million living descendants of these Ellis Island immigrants account for more than 40% of the country's population.

From 1892 to 1924, about 12 million people from other countries arrived at Ellis Island in New York. Those in steerage were subject to health screenings by physicians from the U.S. Public Health Service. The doctors checked for trachoma, an eye disease that often led to blindness, and watched for other conditions. The process could take anywhere from three to seven hours. Female physicians conducted some of the immigrant screenings on women who were modest and not comfortable undressing before a man.

About 1 in 5 arrivals required more complete assessments, and those deemed a risk were quarantined at the Ellis Island Hospital

Now....It's Not "Katie bar the Door" - It's "Katie, back off and let them all in .... diseased and all " !

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6.1.14  Jasper2529  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @6.1.9    3 months ago

Ah yes. The cackling "Border Czar" who's never seen the real southern border crisis is truly a national treasure. Her inane, vacuous word salads have grown increasingly pathetic even when she tries to use "big words". "Passage of time" ranks among her greatest hits.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.15  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.12    3 months ago

Yes, most first generation immigrants do end up spending the rest of their working lives processing chickens, pigs and cattle or doing stoop labor in fields and service industries...

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
6.1.16  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.14    3 months ago
treasure

She's a "Treasure" ....... for sure.

An Empty Treasure (Dead man's Chest). 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.17  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  magicschoolbusdropout @6.1.6    3 months ago

Biden turned off the No Vacancy sign at the border on day 1 of his presidency. As I have stated before elsewhere. Border policy? Joe don need no stinkin border policy!

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6.1.18  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @6.1.11    3 months ago
Poor oppressed immigrants have sought refuge and a better life in America since our founding. They have generation after generation contributed to this nations growth, wealth and ever increasing productivity.

True, and they came here LEGALLY and were fully vetted at ports of entry (and checked for diseases) before being allowed entry. If they didn't pass inspections, they were sent back to their nation of origin.

Those who are currently flooding our open southern border from 150 countries aren't "immigrants". They're illegal aliens, many of whom carry diseases, are terrorists, and are drug/human smugglers. 

JBB - You're a smart guy, and I know that you know the difference between legal and illegal so stop the worn-out "Give me your tired, your poor" shtick.

Drinker of the Wry
Freshman Principal
6.1.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @6.1.15    3 months ago

I was one of the last in my neighborhood to still cut my own grass, trim the bushes and rake leaves.  Then I got sick and was grateful to be able to hire people to do it for me.  My father lives in the PA rust belt and it was very hard for me to find some one willing to cut his very small yard and even harder to find someone that actually showed up after agree to.  The would be very little Chesapeake picked crab meat or it would be outrageously expensive with seasonal immigrants.  

magicschoolbusdropout
Freshman Principal
6.1.20  magicschoolbusdropout  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.1.17    3 months ago
Joe don need no stinkin border policy!

I don't think Joe knows what "Border"...or "Policy" ...... means.

Put the two words together and I know he'd be confused as a Lemming in the Dark.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.21  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.1    3 months ago

Just further evidence that some people who live absolutely nowhere near our Southern border and probably have never even been there but think they know all the answers thanks to being spoon fed by the leftist liberal MSM.

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
6.1.22  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @6.1.15    3 months ago
Yes, most first generation immigrants do end up spending the rest of their working lives processing chickens, pigs and cattle or doing stoop labor in fields and service industries...

I'm glad that my legal immigrant great-grandparents and grandparents weren't among your dismal description. They all became proud US citizens within 5 years, owned their own businesses, and their US-born children all graduated from college. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.23  mocowgirl  replied to  JBB @6.1.15    3 months ago

Are you referring to legal or illegal immigrants?  Wouldn't their education level be a factor on what jobs they were doing?

There is a lot of information about legal/illegal immigration at the link below.  The article is from 2020.  There is probably better and newer data, but it did not show up in my initial search.

Key findings about U.S. immigrants | Pew Research Center

Educational attainment varies among the nation’s immigrant groups, particularly across immigrants from different regions of the world. Immigrants from Mexico and Central America are less likely to be high school graduates than the U.S. born (54% and 47%, respectively, do not have a high school diploma, vs. 8% of U.S. born). On the other hand, immigrants from every region   except   Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America were as likely as or more likely than U.S.-born residents to have a bachelor’s or advanced degree.

Among all immigrants, those from South Asia (71%) were the most likely to have a bachelor’s degree or more. Immigrants from Mexico (7%) and Central America (11%) were the least likely to have a bachelor’s or higher.

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
6.1.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @6.1.11    2 months ago

Thank you for confirming 6.1.10.  You ignore the LEGAL aspect of immigration.  Not surprising though.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1.25  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.1.8    2 months ago

I'm sure they are not keen on having to discuss a failure on their parts of that magnitude.

Nerm_L
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Nerm_L  replied to  JBB @6.1.11    2 months ago
Poor oppressed immigrants have sought refuge and a better life in America since our founding. They have generation after generation contributed to this nations growth, wealth and ever increasing productivity. Why are they a problem now?

Illegal immigration has always been a problem.  It's only now that liberals who advocate open borders are having to deal with the problem.  NIBMY liberals can't hide in their own backyards.

Migrants jump the border when they choose; there's no way to plan anything.  And illegal immigrants compete for resources.  It's necessary to house, feed, clothe, educate, and provide medical care for illegal immigrants.  So, resources have to be diverted from other programs.  Poor neighborhoods will suffer most because the resources are diverted to the needs of illegal immigrants.  Should the city use funds to maintain parks in poor neighborhoods or provide necessities for illegal immigrants?  Which is more important?

How does a school justify extracurricular activities when there is a need for more teachers, classrooms, and materials to educate illegal immigrants?  And these illegal immigrants aren't going to be located in affluent neighborhoods and attending affluent schools.  That would require even more city and school resources that would be diverted away from other programs.  And illegal immigrants won't improve school test scores so the schools are under threat of losing more resources. 

squiggy
Sophomore Quiet
7  squiggy    3 months ago

"...are being "tricked" into boarding buses to Washington."

No - if you go to the headquarters, you'll get the best possible treatment.

Right Down the Center
Sophomore Guide
7.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  squiggy @7    3 months ago

Funny that she said she "thinks" they are being tricked without any actual proof. Heaven forbid she stops at the bus station and asks them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
PhD Guide
7.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1    3 months ago
Heaven forbid she stops at the bus station and asks them.

There's no way she's going near the bus station.  Homeless, and now illegals?  She's cowering behind her armed security.

Jasper2529
Professor Participates
7.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1    3 months ago
Funny that she said she "thinks" they are being tricked without any actual proof.

Nah ... that's what the left does. Shoot, aim, ready.

Remember the Cambridge professor, Nick Sandmann, Kyle Rittenhouse, and others?

Add Jose Alba -- the NYC bodega worker Alvin Bragg immediately threw into Rikers Prison on "murder charges" with $500K bail for the crime of defending himself when 2 people physically assaulted HIM first. Glad that Bragg finally grew big enough stones to drop those ridiculous charges ... but it took him 3 weeks to do it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1    3 months ago

Maybe the mayor would have been better off saving some money instead of painting crosswalks rainbow colors.

Dulay
Professor Principal
8  Dulay    3 months ago

The pablum swilling in this seed is excessive. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @8    3 months ago
The pablum swilling in this seed is excessive. 

Then you should definitely stop swilling.

Now!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    2 months ago

Amen.