╌>

Man accused in plot to kill Kavanaugh eyed other justices, FBI says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

Man accused in plot to kill Kavanaugh eyed other justices, FBI says
"I could get a least one, which would change the votes for decades to come, and I am shooting for 3.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The California man accused of plotting to assassinate Brett M. Kavanaugh spoke of killing two more conservative justices in a bid to alter Supreme Court votes for years, according to an FBI affidavit filed this week   in court.

“Im gonna stop roe v wade from being overturned,” the suspect, Nicholas Roske , 26, wrote in an online message to an associate.

“What u tryna do,” the associate asked.

“Remove some people from the supreme court,” Roske allegedly responded, before adding, “I could get a least one, which would change the votes for decades to come, and I am shooting for 3.”

Roske is accused of flying across the country and taking a cab into the Kavanaugh’s neighborhood in Maryland   at 1 a.m. with burglary tools, a newly bought Glock pistol and 37 rounds of ammunition. He has been charged with a single count of attempting to kill a U.S. judge. He was recently ordered to remain in custody pending further court actions. Roske’s attorneys have consistently declined to speak about the case, and his family members have not responded to requests for comment.

The affidavit about Roske’s alleged intentions, reported earlier by Fox News, was filed in court as part of the FBI’s attempt to obtain a search warrant compelling social media and email companies to turn over

records related to Roske’s writings. The affidavit does not name any specific justices Roske is alleged to have considered additionally targeting.

The agents assert that, based on what they’ve gleaned from the online records provided by the associate and based on what they’ve seen on Roske’s cellphone, a fuller accounting of Roske’s online writings will offer a fuller accounting of his intentions. The agents also say that when they spoke to Roske after his arrest, he said that “he used Reddit, Google, and other online forums to learn the skills he thought were necessary to complete his plan.”

Already, according to his phone records, the FBI says they found that Roske conducted internet searches that included “most effective place to stab someone,” “assassin skills,” “assassin equipment,” and “assassinations.” Roske’s email inbox on his phone, according to the FBI, had a sales order confirmation for $49.95 lock pick....

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

This is what domestic terrorism looks like.  

One can only wonder how he was radicalized. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago

Money on Schumer pushing this idiot over the edge. 

Getting him to the edge; you can take a look at all of the Democrats and their media pundits.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 years ago

poor guy was ahead of the culture curve. dropping dominionists won't become trendy for another 2 years. /s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2    2 years ago

Is that what he was?

Have you read why he was prepared to kill Kavanaugh?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 years ago

he hated entitled frat-boy rapists? go ahead and interpret that statement both ways...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    2 years ago
he hated entitled frat-boy rapists?

Gee you STILL falling for that weak-ass lie?

Whoo Boy!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    2 years ago

“I could get at least one, which would change the votes for decades to come, and I am shooting for three,” he wrote in one message, according to the search warrant.

HE WAS A PRO ABORTION ACTIVIST

GregTx
PhD Guide
2  GregTx    2 years ago

Funny, in a dark kind of way. Want to kill someone but not really sure how to go about it? Just google it…

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  GregTx @2    2 years ago
Want to kill someone but not really sure how to go about it? Just google it

He wasn't shy about asking for advice on reddit either.. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    2 years ago

The fact he was able to make it all the way to Kavanaugh's house says all we need to know about how seriously the FBI and DOJ take these threats to the conservative justices.

They didn't stop him; he stopped himself.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    2 years ago
“Remove some people from the supreme court,” Roske allegedly responded, before adding, “I could get a least one, which would change the votes for decades to come, and I am shooting for 3.”

Disturbing, but he’s not wrong. It wouldn’t matter that a justice had been murdered. A liberal president would still name a liberal replacement and the liberal Senate would approve them.

It might be worth considering some of the reforms suggested over the years (like term limits) just to address this particular risk and make it pointless to kill a justice.