╌>

The Senate passes the Inflation Reduction Act and it moves on to the House : NPR

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  3 comments

By:   NPR. org

The Senate passes the Inflation Reduction Act and it moves on to the House  : NPR
After months of negotiations, Senate Democrats passed a major climate, health care and tax bill — a centerpiece of President Biden's agenda. Vice President Harris broke the 50-50 tie.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

August 8, 20227:19 AM ET Heard on Morning Edition

Leila Fadel and D eirdre Walsh

The Senate passes the Inflation Reduction Act and it moves on to the House

After months of negotiations, Senate Democrats passed a major climate, health care and tax bill — a centerpiece of President Biden's agenda. Vice President Harris broke the 50-50 tie.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Higher gas prices, audits for waitresses and more inflation.  If the republicans ever passed a bill with such an orwellian name, the media would be freaking out about fascism.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
2.1  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago

I have yet to see anything claimed about this bill, that would be cause for celebration. Best case scenario, from the WH, is that this could reduce inflation by .33%...after 9-10 years. Moody's is suggesting that this bill will lower GDP and GNP, result in a loss of 30,000 full time positions...and increase inflation through 2024. As I understand, I think the WH is agreeing with that, but is assuming that the initial damage is overcome after 10 years, and that best case scenario, we will really be enjoying that .33% reduction in inflation in 2032. Shit. If that's best case scenario, I hate to ask what worst case scenario is. For my part, if best case scenario results from your actions would not produce any better outcome than doing nothing...you do nothing.