╌>

Theft case against Biden nonbinary aide Sam Brinton is admittedly 'weirder'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gregtx  •  2 years ago  •  6 comments

Theft case against Biden nonbinary aide Sam Brinton is admittedly 'weirder'
Sam Brinton had a lot to be proud and thankful for when his selection as President Joe Biden's deputy assistant energy secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition cleared hurdles.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sam Brinton had a lot to be proud and thankful for when his selection as President Joe Biden's deputy assistant energy secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition cleared hurdles.

"I've prepared for this moment in a technical sense for a decade," Brinton said on social media.

As a self-described "gender-fluid" crossdresser with a liking for doggie role-playing, Brinton knew his lifestyle might be a hang-up — but wasn't in the end.

"As one of if not the very first openly genderfluid individuals in federal government leadership, I was welcomed with open arms into the Department of Energy all the way up to the Secretary whom I shared the stage with in a Pride month celebration panel just today," Brinton tweeted in June.

This is Sam Brinton - a drag queen and LGBTQ+ activist who was just hired to a top level position at the DOE. pic.twitter.com/2zN8s2iMUK
— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) February 10, 2022

Brinton seemed to navigate both roles well, advocating nuclear policies and posing in drag, sometimes with notable trans officials, including Assistant Health Secretary Rachel Levine.

Today, Brinton is sidelined, suspended in a criminal case and a tangle of alleged lies to police.

The headlines have mostly played up theft charges against Brinton, who, the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Police Department said, chose the pronouns "they/them."

But the case is a weird one, as the newly released complaint against Brinton shows.

The police report said Brinton took a flight from Washington to Minneapolis-St. Paul on the afternoon of Sept. 16. He checked no bags, and after landing, allegedly went to a luggage carousel, pulled a blue Vera Bradley bag out, tore off the name tag, stuck it in a "handbag," and fled the area at a "quick pace."

The victim, who police described as "a known adult female," reported the bag missing and identified it from a video of the carousel. She said the bag and contents had a value of $2,325.

The report said that police have a video of Brinton later at the InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront hotel with the bag.

Assistant US Health Secretary Rachel Levine & non-binary Deputy Assistant Nuclear Energy Secretary Sam Brinton (red dress) pictured visiting French ambassador's home to celebrate Bastille Day.
What percentage of US population is trans? EU? Asia? Russia? Latin America? pic.twitter.com/TCP45cyNPw

— Reimagining Politics (@MeurerCommunity) July 26, 2022

Two days later, Brinton returned to the airport with the allegedly stolen luggage and even checked it for a flight home.

Exactly three weeks later, Brinton was seen in video surveillance returning from Europe to Dulles International Airport with the same luggage.

That prompted the Minneapolis-St. Paul Police to call Brinton about the alleged theft in September. Initially, Brinton denied taking anything and then admitted to taking the bag, said police.

Oddly, Brinton said the clothes inside the bag were his. "If I had taken the wrong bag, I am happy to return it, but I don't have any clothes for another individual. That was my clothes when I opened the bag," Brinton told the police.

Two hours later, Brinton called the police back, according to the report, admitted the theft, claimed he was tired at the time, and thought the bag was his, though he didn't check one in when leaving Washington.

"DEFENDANT said when they opened the bag at the hotel, they realized it was not theirs. DEFENDANT got nervous people would think they stole the bag and did not know what to do. DEFENDANT stated they left the clothes from the bag inside the drawers in the hotel room," said the report.

As for why Brinton still took the stolen luggage back to the airport to check in as if it were his, Brinton told police that it "was 'weirder' to leave a bag than the clothes." The clothes were never recovered.

According to media reports, Brinton has since been charged with felony theft that could result in a five-year sentence, a $10,000 fine, or both.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago

Is this satire?..

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Who would have ever thought this person would be crazy?

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    2 years ago

Good to know that someone in charge of nuclear waste disposal is of good moral character, ain't it?

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3  MonsterMash    2 years ago

Biden can appoint him, her, they, them to director of the Department of Drag Quenn story time at elementary schools.

GregTx
PhD Guide
4  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago

Must have been a Vera Bradley print that was retired and simply to die for..... huh?

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  GregTx @4    2 years ago

I bet it was a doggie print....