╌>

21 People Who Just Wanted To Sell Stuff Online But Encountered The Worst Potential Buyers

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  last year  •  7 comments

By:   Christopher Hudspeth

21 People Who Just Wanted To Sell Stuff Online But Encountered The Worst Potential Buyers
We had a deal!

I buy and sell a lot of stuff online and have dealt with a lot of complete morons, but thankfully have not had the experience of these people.  Sometimes these Buzzfeed articles are pretty funny.  More at the link.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

320 320

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    last year

Anyone have unique Craigslist of FB Marketplace experiences to share?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    last year

I bought my last 5 cars off craigslist and I've done some selling of stuff there too. I used FB last summer to sell some estate stuff. with both you're sorting thru a big pile of crap to find the diamonds and there are some really stupid people running around loose in this world. as evidenced in your example above, most americans don't know how to negotiate, which is why the rest of the planet tries to charge us 3 times as much as anyone else would be willing to pay for anything. I've had a couple sketchy incidents involving car sales. both where I felt like I was being set up to be robbed, but I can take care of myself. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  devangelical @1.1    last year

I’ve never had a transaction that didn’t feel safe but idiots who arrange a pick up time and blow it by five hours are the bane of my existence.  That and the moron scammers who think it’s reasonable to provide your banking information so they can wire you money, plus an extra $50 for your troubles.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.1.1    last year

together we could probably write a book on what not to do when using those entities. both places are fertile ground for crimes of opportunity. I always snicker to myself whenever I see people volunteering more info than they should on their ads. they are fish in a barrel. live and learn.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     last year

I've never sold anything online or purchased anything online from ebay or any of the other market places.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Kavika @2    last year

I’ve been doing it for years.  A couple nice things about it are that I’m doing my part to reduce the US dependency on imported goods by sourcing locally, and that picking up items from random areas in my region has really helped me learn the lay of the land here.  I have driven to small towns and neighborhoods that I would never have any reason to be in otherwise.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    last year
I have driven to small towns and neighborhoods that I would never have any reason to be in otherwise.

That's an interesting comment. Opening up your horizons is always a good thing.