╌>

George Santos proposed to teen boyfriend while still married: report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  last year  •  18 comments

By:   nypost (New York Post)

George Santos proposed to teen boyfriend while still married: report
Lying Long Island Rep. George Santos proposed to his then-teenage boyfriend while he was still married to a woman -- and five years before he got divorced, according to a report.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Lee Brown

January 23, 2023 8:17 am Updated January 23, 2023 9:57am

Lying Long Island Rep. George Santos proposed to his then-teenage boyfriend while he was still married to a woman — and five years before he got divorced, according to a report.

"Good evening everyone! As you all may already know Pedro and I have decided to join our toothbrushes! Lol and a very few friends have been selected to share this special moment with us!," Santos wrote in a 2014 Facebook invite shared with the Daily Beast by Santos' old roommate, Greg Morey-Parker.

Pedro Vilarva, who was 18 when he met the then-26-year-old future congressman in 2014, also confirmed to the outlet that Santos invited friends to celebrate their engagement in November of that year — even though he never accepted his proposal.

george-santos-engagement-party-man-married-01-1.jpg?w=1024 REUTERS

"Thanks for sharing this very important day in our lives," Santos wrote on Facebook of the planned Nov. 23 celebration at La Bonne Soupe in Midtown Manhattan.

However, the party "never happened" because Vilarva repeatedly rejected Santos' proposals, he told the outlet.

george-santos-engagement-party-man-married-feat-image.jpg?w=1024 Getty Images

"He asked me 3x but I didn't accept it," Santos' former lover told the Beast via text message. "There was never a party [or] anything in regards to it," he said.

Confusingly, the public invite came just two years into Santos' marriage to Uadla Vieira Santos, a Brazilian woman whom his housemates rarely saw and only knew as "a friend," according to the Daily Beast.

Former roommate Morey-Parker told the Daily Beast that Santos once "tried to get me to marry some Brazilian woman so she could get citizenship" — saying he could make money from the deal. The report did not elaborate on when that suggestion was made.

george-santos-engagement-party-man-married-06.jpg?w=1024 CNN

Santos' wife first filed for divorce in May 2013, just to halt it by the end of that year — 11 months before Santos proposed to his young boyfriend.

He remained legally married until September 2019, ending his mostly secretive marriage less than two weeks before he filed the official paperwork to launch his initial 2020 campaign.

The openly gay politician did not mention his marriage to a woman in either of his campaigns, the Beast noted.

george-santos-engagement-party-man-married-08.jpg?w=823

His 2022 campaign initially said he was living with his husband and their four dogs on Long Island. That has since been scrubbed.

Another former roommate, Yasser Rabello, told the outlet that Santos always seemed like a "pathological liar" — even sharing old Facebook messages in which the congressman claimed he'd landed a job at CNN.

Rabello said he lived with Santos, his sister and their since-deceased mother in a crowded apartment in Jackson Heights in 2013 and 2014 — but "never knew" his roommate was married at the time.

george-santos-engagement-party-man-married-02.jpg?w=1024 BRIGITTE STELZER

Santos' wife was living in Astoria at the time, and the one time he met her, Santos introduced her as "a friend," Rabello said.

Morey-Parker, meanwhile, told the Daily Beast that the pol stole from him a scarf that a pal gave him after he "had tried to kill myself."

"Watching him wear that scarf that means quite a lot to me just pisses me the f-k off," he said.

Santos' ex-wife did not respond to questions, while the under-fire congressman only commented after the Daily Beast article was already published, the outlet said.

Referring to Morey-Parker, Santos said: "I will not give comment to slanderous accusations made by a person of the likes of Gregory."

Read More

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    last year

FREE PEDRO!

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    last year

The only picture of Pedro Vilarva on Facebook...

original

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3  Right Down the Center    last year

The daily character assassination attempts by the left and left wing media in order to potentially gain one seat in Congress is disgusting.  At first I was ambivalent about if he resigned or not because I had no skin in the game, he doesn't represent me in any way.  Now I hope he sticks with it as a great big middle finger to all those people that want to pretend they are morally outraged by every breath he takes, every move he makes, every bond he breaks, every step he takes, they are watching him.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    last year

of course you're good with all of his fraud, because the dems. I wonder how old pedro was when he first started his relationship with george, er, ...anthony, er, ...kitara, er, some other alias...

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  devangelical @3.1    last year

You may wonder, I don't care about his relationships.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.1    last year

It is all made up, I think is the point.

I don't think Pedro would give George the time of day...

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    last year

“…they are watching him.”

Funny you cite ‘The Police” (though not credited), for a visit from law enforcement may be in his future. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  afrayedknot @3.2    last year
a visit from law enforcement may be in his future

Que sara sara.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.3  MrFrost  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    last year
The daily character assassination attempts by the left and left wing media

Have you ever heard of Hilary Clinton? 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
3.3.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  MrFrost @3.3    last year

Is she mentioned in the article at all? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.3.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @3.3    last year

You forget that with right wing conservatives they're allowed to lie, cheat and steal as long as they gain more power and control over our government because in right wing conservative minds the ends justify the means.

Republicans only scream in outrage over politician misconduct when they find it on the left, if it happens on the right it's just an 'anomaly' to be swept under the carpet and forgotten as soon as possible.

If misconduct gets exposed on the left conservatives immediately attack and demand accountability and proclaim the whole of the left guilty of whatever misconduct is exposed while they demand investigation after investigation. And when they turn up no actual criminal acts committed by the left, no criminal intent with a private email server, no wrongdoing in the investigation of Putin's tangerine cock puppet, these brain dead dipshits on the right claim it must be some fantasy 'deep state' protecting the left and a corrupt DOJ and FBI. You don't need to know facts or even have a light grasp on reality to be your average rightwing conservative, all you have to know is 'white conservative Christians good' and anything else should be considered extremely suspect or 'the devil'. Hillary Clinton is the devil while George Santos is just some silly little mistake by the GOP that Republicans will sweep under the carpet as soon as possible.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    last year

Does anyone know if he is actually a dude?

Maybe someone needs to do a bathroom check.

Not it!

Can't have someone using the wrong bathroom now...

I want to see the long form birth certificate.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     last year

I'm beginning to wonder if he/she even exists in reality. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @5    last year

why buy a republican politician when you can have one built, it seems to be relatively cheap...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6  Ronin2    last year

This is hilarious!

The left has finally lost it over someone more than Trump. Too bad their hyperventilating is more sickening at this point than anything else.

Whether leftists like it or not Santos is there to stay until one of two things happen.

1) He is recalled by his constituents. Think we would hear far more about this effort. The media would be all over it if it was getting any type of traction.

2) He is convicted. There are countless allegations out there him/she/them whatever the hell it is identifying as at this point; but given the left's track record of getting convictions on Trump- they may amount to nothing.

Take a big breath leftists. So far all you are proving is that you are loonier than Santos. 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @6    last year

So the gop can get nutjobs into an office the the response is to blame the left....

Suck it up, it is your guy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @6.1    last year

Are the dems being blamed for this guy getting elected?

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.1    last year

I saw a couple of articles that did. Basically saying it is suppose to be a Dem area so the Dems are to blame themselves.