╌>

Trump: I won't call DeSantis 'Meatball Ron' - POLITICO

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  last year  •  19 comments

By:   POLITICO

Trump: I won't call DeSantis 'Meatball Ron'  - POLITICO
Trump announced his bid for a second term as president in November and has since launched multiple attacks on DeSantis.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

Trump: I won't call DeSantis 'Meatball Ron'

Trump announced his bid for a second term as president in November and has since launched multiple attacks on DeSantis.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fc9%2Fb3%2Fe52f8aeb4cc8887ffb57fcb815b2%2Fhttps-delivery-gettyimages.com%2Fdownloads%2F1246619635

"I will never call Ron DeSanctimonious 'Meatball' Ron," Trump said Saturday. | Scott Eisen/Getty Images

Donald Trump on Saturday said he wouldn't use the nickname "Meatball Ron" to describe Ron DeSantis, a likely rival for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024.

In a Truth Social post, the former president said it would be "inappropriate" to use the word "'meatball' as a moniker, which has been described as referring to DeSantis' appearance and carries connotations to his Italian lineage.

Trump has used the term in casual conversations while also labeling the Florida governor "Shutdown Ron," a reference to restrictions the governor put in place at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, the New York Times reported.

Trump announced his bid for a second term as president in November and has since launched multiple attacks on DeSantis, calling him "Ron DeSanctimonious" and accusing him of playing games by not formally announcing any 2024 presidential ambitions.

Earlier this month, Trump also reposted a message on social media insinuating DeSantis groomed teenage girls. DeSantis responded by saying that he doesn't "spend my time trying to smear other Republicans."

"I will never call Ron DeSanctimonious 'Meatball' Ron, as the Fake News is insisting I will," Trump wrote in Saturday's early morning post leveling various attacks on DeSantis, "it would be totally inappropriate to use the word "meatball" as a moniker for Ron!"

Trump, who famously uses nicknames to describe his opponents, also referred to "Low Energy" Jeb Bush in his post, reprising the moniker he used to define the former Florida governor in the 2016 campaign for the Republican nomination.

POLITICO

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    last year

Well then, "Meatball Ron", it is! 

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @1    last year

As an Italian American I find your comment offensive.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1    last year

Take it to Trump. He is the one not calling Desantis "Meatball Ron"! But, don't worry about it! I have a great idea! Desantis can own it!

original

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
1.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    last year

As an Italian American I find your comment offensive.  Using the term "meatball" to an Italian is like using the N word when speaking about any person of color.  It was disgusting when Donald does it and all you are doing is bringing your self down to his level.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @1.1.2    last year

original

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
2  afrayedknot    last year
“Tripper : And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good-looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Rest of Group : IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER...

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
3  Right Down the Center    last year

It is a sad day when something like this is reported at all much less repeated.  It is nothing more than fodder to promote divisiveness.  It is sad to see people buy into it so willingly.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    last year

As if dividing the gop is a bad thing, even when it is Trump doing it! You can hardly blame a reporter for reporting this big juicy story!

original

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
3.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.1    last year
big juicy story!

Now that is funny.  

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.1    last year

On top of spaghetti all covered in cheese Don blasted the Meatball while shooting the breeze. Ron rolled off the table and onto the floor. Then Ron The Meatball rolled out of the door. Ron rolled through the garden and under a bush. And now Ron The Meatball is nothing but moosch...

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
3.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.1.2    last year

As an Italian American I find your comment offensive.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.3    last year

I am sorry Donald Trump is demeaning Italian foodstuffs...

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
3.1.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.1.4    last year

As an Italian American I find YOUR comments offensive.  Using the term "meatball" to an Italian is like using the N word when speaking about any person of color.  It was disgusting when Donald does it and all you are doing is bringing your self down to his level.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.1.5    last year

original

JBB
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JBB    last year

original

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5    last year

Polish Klopsiki?