╌>

Lauren Boebert trashes sex-ed — then announces teen son is making her a "36-year-old grandmother" | Salon.com

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  last year  •  10 comments

By:   Igor Derysh (Salon)

Lauren Boebert trashes sex-ed — then announces teen son is making her a "36-year-old grandmother" | Salon.com
He said, 'well didn't you make granny a 36-year-old granny,'" she said. "I said, 'yes I did.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., announced that her 17-year-old son will be making her a "36-year-old grandmother" in April.

Boebert, who called to cut funding to schools that teach students comprehensive sex education at last week's CPAC, announced at a Moms for America event that her son Tyler and his girlfriend are expecting a baby boy.

Boebert during the announcement took at dig at LGBTQ Americans, saying that she and her husband are raising their four boys "to be men before liberals teach them to be women."

Boebert then revealed that "come April, I will be a Gigi to a brand new grandson."

"Now, any of you who have young children who are giving life, there's some questions that pop up. There's some fear that arises," Boebert said in a video posted by Patriot Takes.

Lauren Boebert's first bill of the year centers on defunding Planned Parenthood

Boebert said that when she approached her son and told him that he is making her a "36-year-old grandmother," he reminded her that she was a teen mother herself.

"He said, 'well didn't you make granny a 36-year-old granny,'" she said. "I said, 'yes I did.' He said, 'well then it's hereditary.'"

Boebert went on to claim that there is "something special about rural conservative communities."

"They value life," she said. "If you look at teen pregnancy rates throughout the nation, well, they're the same, [in] rural and urban areas. However, abortion rates are higher in urban areas. Teen moms' rates are higher in rural conservative areas, because they understand the preciousness of a life that it's about to be born."

Want a daily wrap-up of all the news and commentary Salon has to offer? Subscribe to our morning newsletter, Crash Course.

A 2019 study published in the American Journal of Public Health found that teen pregnancies in rural areas tend to be unintended and may be higher because teens may be vulnerable to "local conditions that limit unintended pregnancy management options."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that only about 50% of teen mothers receive a high school diploma by 22, compared to 90% of women who do not give birth during high school. "The children of teenage mothers are more likely to have lower school achievement and to drop out of high school, have more health problems, be incarcerated at some time during adolescence, give birth as a teenager, and face unemployment as a young adult," according to the CDC.

The CDC recommends providing teens with sexual education and other resources to prevent teen pregnancies.

Boebert at CPAC called to cut funding to schools that provide comprehensive sex education because there are schools "that are teaching worse than just gender ideology."

"They have comprehensive sex ed. They're teaching kids how to have and enjoy sex, and even same-sex sex, how to pleasure themselves," she said. "This is not something elementary students should learn, nor any student in a public school...These are the things that we need to go after and cut their funding."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    last year

MAGA!

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
2  al Jizzerror    last year

B oebert at CPAC called to cut funding to schools that provide comprehensive sex education because there are schools "that are teaching worse than just gender ideology."

Blowbert said that parents should teach their children about sex.  She said she taught her son "Where babies come from just like my momma taught me."  

freepress
Freshman Silent
3  freepress    last year

No questions that Republicans fight against education of all kinds at every turn. Keeping people stupid and making babies is now openly their plan for America.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    last year

I have no words for the stupid that just keeps spewing from her mouth

where the hell is Dev? He should be all over this

JBB
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JBB    last year

Bobert is happy as punch her kid knocked up a girl!

evilone
Professor Guide
6  evilone    last year
Boebert... announced... that her son Tyler and his girlfriend are expecting a baby boy.

Did she, and/or her husband give the kid the no sex before marriage talk? 

The MAGA Populist Platform for the next generation of voters:

Cut funding for comprehensive sex education
Cut education programs that tackle diversity and equality
Divert money from public education to private education that doesn't have oversite
Roll back child labor laws
Cut healthcare funding and ignore the inequality in rural healthcare needs
Raise age of retirement

So, back to the days of early American robber barons. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  evilone @6    last year

Sounds like the white trash Palins

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    last year

Wasn't this dumb bitch knocked up at 16?

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
7.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  Tessylo @7    last year
Wasn't this dumb bitch knocked up at 16?

The word around the trailer park is that wasn't her first pregnancy.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     last year

You simply can't make this up. 

Un fricking real.