╌>

LOCAL NEWS Army-Navy game hotel reservations canceled due to influx of migrants in Massachusetts

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  8 months ago  •  19 comments

LOCAL NEWS  Army-Navy game hotel reservations canceled due to influx of migrants in Massachusetts

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

FOXBORO - It is one of the most anticipated games in college football and this year it is being played at Gillette Stadium. The Army-Navy game will make its Foxboro debut on December 9th. 

American presidents often attend, but you can be certain tens of thousands of veterans will pour into the greater Boston area. Tickets to the game sell out quickly and hotel rooms become a hot commodity. 

That's why it was all the more troubling when Mark Mansbach, a travel agent out of New Jersey, started getting calls from clients that their hotel rooms for the game were being canceled. He decided to call the hotels his agency was partnering with for the game. 

"They were leasing out the hotels to the state of Massachusetts for refugees," Mansbach said he was told. It was the response from three hotels owned by Giri Hotel Management, according to Mansbach. 

The company, he explained, was working with the state to house migrants under the  right to shelter law . His clients' previously booked hotel rooms were canceled to continue the lease with the state. Mansbach said at least 70 of his reservations were impacted.

In a statement to WBZ-TV Thursday, a Giri Hotel Management spokesperson didn't address the cancelations directly, saying they're committed "to providing shelter and support to refugees at our hotels."

"As a gesture of solidarity and humanitarian responsibility, we are opening our doors to those seeking refuge in our community," the statement read. "We look forward to working with local authorities and organizations to ensure a smooth transition for all those who will call our hotels home during their time with us." 

Mansbach said in his two decades of experience, he had never heard of something like this happening. 

"I have never had a hotel take rooms back and give me nothing. They sent out cancellations and walked away," Mansbach told WBZ. "Some people (clients) have decided not to go, and others found space in Boston. Some I have been able to put into other hotels that I had space left in."

Governor Maura Healey spoke about the issue Wednesday afternoon. 

"I am very distressed to learn that any veteran may have been moved from a hotel, who had booked a hotel for that game," Healey said. "As I understand it, those were decisions made by area hotels." 

Healey said she instructed the Office of Veteran Services to look into the matter. The agency told WBZ Wednesday it was in contact with the parties involved to pinpoint any veteran who was still in need of a room.  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    8 months ago

Oh No - say it isn't so - U. S. Citizens being cancelled so the Illegal Aliens can have a place to sleep?????

And, the Army-Navy game at that.  Betcha the Vets ain't too happy.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    8 months ago

I don't know where this idiotic idea of the government renting out hotel rooms for welfare recipients or illegal migrants began, but somebody should put a stop to it. Only people who rent rooms and are RESPONSIBLE for the condition of hotel rooms should have the right to rent rooms. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    8 months ago

I think that is unique to blue states/cities.

And now some residents of those places seem disappointed in the results of the policies put in place by who they elected.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    8 months ago

More proof that Biden hates patriotic Americans.

Just to curry favor with illegal aliens.

alg100623dAPR-800x0.jpg

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    8 months ago

So if this is true, government entities are telling privately owned businesses how they must run their business.   Not good but it raises another question.

How much are they paying for the rooms?    Who here thinks it is lower than the reservations they cancelled?

Not me.     You’re welcome taxpayers.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @4    8 months ago
Who here thinks it is lower than the reservations they cancelled?

No one with an ounce of brains.

"As I understand it, those were decisions made by area hotels."

And that says it all $$$$$. Right to shelter my ass. If the state is paying you can bet your bottom dollar the rate is probably twice citing and justifying the rates due to the fact that the illegals will probably leave the rooms a disaster area.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1    8 months ago

Yep, good business …… for everyone but the taxpayers and the people with cancelled reservations.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    8 months ago

There have been several reports of drugs and drug paraphernalia being found, feces in the hallways, disease outbreaks and injured hotel employees in hotels and facilities housing illegals.

No way in hell I'd want to stay in a hotel after they housed illegals. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    8 months ago

Hotel reservations? For a minor college football game? At a cheap hotel? Really? Is that really what you guys are outraged about today?

SMH...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @6    8 months ago

First, they aren't cheap hotels, do some research.

Second, no, we are pissed about stubbornly high inflation, out-of-control borders, millions of illegal aliens, wastes of taxpayer money, Democratic flip-flops and hypocrisy, and the idiocy of the Biden Administration.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @6    8 months ago

….. right over your head ….. SPLAT!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.3  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JBB @6    8 months ago

"minor college football game"????  "cheap hotel"????

C'mon JBB - We know you've got more smarts than that.

It is an honor to welcome the Army-Navy Game – one of the great traditions in all of American athletics – to New England for the first time ever,” said Governor McKee. “Rhode Island’s pride in its military runs deep through our 39 cities and towns. After all, it was the brave actions of the Rhode Island Militia that fired the first shot in the war against England. With the burning of the HMS Gaspee 250 years ago, Rhode Island declared independence from the crown in May 1776 – a full two months before the rest of our new nation. Our state continues to celebrate and honor its rich military history and the heroes of our armed forces to this day. We look forward to honoring and welcoming the teams representing the United States Army and United States Navy when this classic football game kicks off in Gillette Stadium in 2023.”

“The Army-Navy Game celebrates our city and region, and I’m excited to welcome this historic event for the first time,” said Mayor Wu. “We are honored to have the opportunity to welcome everyone involved with this historic tradition to Boston and I’m grateful to all of our partners for working to showcase our vibrant communities and culture.”

To host the Army Navy Game in Massachusetts for the first time ever, and in the midst of so many signature anniversaries related to the founding of our country, will create a spectacular moment for our destination to shine, ” said Martha J. Sheridan, President and CEO of the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau. “The United States was essentially born in Boston, as were many elements of our proud military history. To have this iconic game here in the Commonwealth, followed a week later by the 250 th  anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, will be a boon to our visitor economy and the region as a whole.”

In addition to the Army Navy Game at Gillette Stadium, a number of associated events will be hosted at historic sites throughout the Greater Boston region on Friday, Dec. 8 including the Patriot Games, the Army Navy Gala and Radio Row. Additional details, including ticketing information, will be made available at a later date."

charger 383
Professor Silent
7  charger 383    8 months ago

Sometime ago, I started complaining about being overrun by feral cats.  That becomes more obvious every day. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @7    8 months ago

That's deplorable and shameful.

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    8 months ago

Even a pee-wee football game should not be inconvenienced for illegal foreigners 

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1  JBB  replied to  charger 383 @8    8 months ago

The ball game is not affected in any way. A few hotel reservations were cancelled. There are thousands of other available rooms...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @8.1    8 months ago

Missing the point again.

Smh sadly.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @8.1    8 months ago

There shouldn't have been one fucking cancelled reservation for the reasons given. NONE! Get it? [deleted]