╌>

Biden vs Trump Current Polling Data (Real Clear Politics)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  robert-in-ohio  •  3 months ago  •  10 comments

Biden vs Trump Current Polling Data (Real Clear Politics)
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.” John F. Kennedy, Former U.S. President

As the election gets nearer and nearer there will be more and more polling data and the numbers will often be at odds with what we just heard the day or the hour before

But statistics make the world go around these days - in politics, in sports, in gambling and I am sure in other things but those are three pretty important areas.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Real Clear Politics Average of all Polls 

Biden   44.6% Trump - 46.7%    Trump +2.1%

NBC News Poll

Biden   42%  Trump 47%    Trump +5%

Quinnipiac Poll

Biden  50% Trump 44%     Biden +6%

Trump Leads Biden by 1% to 6% in 10 of the 12 polls used to create the Real Clear Politics Average

Red Box Rules

Discuss The Polling Numbers and the Reasons Behind the Numbers

Be civil, be accurate and give sources for data provided.

Do not attack each other 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Robert in Ohio    3 months ago

"We do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." Thomas Jefferson, Former U.S. President and Founding Father of the U.S.

"Talk is cheap, voting is free; take it to the polls." Nanette L. Avery, Writer

"If we don’t vote, we are ignoring history and giving away the future." Pat Michell, American Businesswoman

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2  seeder  Robert in Ohio    3 months ago

Polling numbers are not always accurate and I think these numbers will change - but I am not sure which way they will swing as we get closer to the election.

Continuing legal conflicts for the former president and possible convictions could certainly push the numbers Biden's way, but just as easily continued "stagflation" and growing "kitchen table" issues versus a growing overall economy and continued governmental stagnation (whether the president's fault) or not and overseas issues could push the numbers Trump's way.

Well enough of what I think about the numbers, what do you have to say?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2    3 months ago

I think it's much too early to put any stock in polling numbers. Eight months can be an eternity in politics. While it may be fun for some to crow or bitch about the numbers, IMO at this point they are practically meaningless.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Snuffy @2.1    3 months ago

Snuffy

You are likely correct, though it could indicate some holes that need campaign focus and attention to shore up with some target groups or areas.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.1    3 months ago

I'm sure the campaigns themselves are doing their own polling rather than rely on other sources outside their control. And you are correct, there are fixes that they can do. 

IMO Trump needs to drop the attack dog method of talking about other people. And he needs to stop with the over-the-top superlatives when talking about what he's done. But he's not going to. He should but his ego won't let him.

IMO Biden missed some golden opportunities, not sure if it is his decision or his staff. For one, he could have been out front when the military struck back at the Houthis, but he didn't talk about it. Only posted a release. Secondly there's the decision to not have him giving a quick interview before the Superbowl that happens this weekend. As the Superbowl is on CBS, his team could have gotten a friendly person to give the interview and getting his face out in front of all those millions of people who watch the game would have been very good for his campaign. But for the second year he's not doing that interview. These actions seem to confirm his inability to handle unscripted events which are not good for the Commander in Chief. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.3  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.2    3 months ago

It does seem like he is not being put "on stage" or "in the spotlight" to take victory laps over small or even large accomplishments in the way previous incumbents have.

Wonder why?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 months ago

Lucky for Biden the election is not today. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    3 months ago

Sean

The numbers would lead us to believe that, but the numbers have been wrong on occasion, way wrong even.  I like to look at the polling data even up to election day an updates reel rather than the actual scoreboard

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Robert in Ohio @3.1    3 months ago
d us to believe that, but the numbers have been wrong on occasion, way wrong even. 

Polling has rarely been that wrong.  National Presidential elections have been very close to accurate.  The RCP average is always within a few points and correctly predicts the winner.  It's reputation for being "wrong" is  exaggerated and usually the result of single polls at the state level with bad results.  There's lots of money to be made at election season simply betting that the polls are correct. 

ke to look at the polling data even up to election day an updates reel rather than the actual scoreboard

I think its a pretty accurate snapshot of the moment, but it is just a snapshot and it's a long way from election day. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    3 months ago

Indeed a long way to election day, but the numbers make people think