╌>

Biden Refers to Migrant as ‘Illegal’ During State of the Union

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  robert-in-ohio  •  2 months ago  •  12 comments

By:   Collins Abia

Biden Refers to Migrant as ‘Illegal’ During State of the Union
“killed by an illegal. That’s right.”, Joe Biden

In a not unusual faux pas, misspeak, "what he really meant to say" moment President Biden stepped in it again.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

T exas Democrats expressed disappointment with President Joe Biden’s use of the term “an illegal” to describe an undocumented immigrant during his State of the Union address.

The moment occurred when Georgia Republican   Marjorie Taylor Greene   heckled Biden to acknowledge Laken Riley, a Georgia student allegedly killed by an undocumented immigrant, while he was discussing border issues. Biden repeated Greene’s words, stating, “killed by an illegal. That’s right.”

Despite the context, Democrats found Biden’s choice of words troubling. U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro criticized the rhetoric, calling it dangerous and suggesting that it could incite violence.

He mentioned the case of Aaron Martinez, a North Texas man killed by his neighbor, who had harassed Martinez’s family over their Latino ethnicity. Castro emphasized that such language could have negative consequences and questioned why Biden chose to use it.

U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar, an El Paso Democrat and co-chair of Biden’s reelection campaign, acknowledged that “illegal” is the statutory language but noted that it’s not the language she uses. Escobar’s stance reflects a broader concern among Democrats about the language used in discussing immigration issues.

Red Box Rules

The article is about the president's SOTU speech and his use of the derogatory term "illegal" to refer to an individual that illegally entered the United States and committed a crime.

Please discuss that

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Robert in Ohio    2 months ago

From the article

U.S. Rep. Greg Casar from Austin found Greene’s heckling inappropriate and believed it did not reflect Biden’s true views. He anticipated that Biden’s team would clarify his remarks later.

Whenever the president says what is on his mind i.e. what he is really thinking, his team needs to clarify and explain later what he really meant to say.

Hilarious

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    2 months ago

Stay with it Biden. My best campaign advice is to stick with calling them illegals, what are progressives going to do, vote for trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2    2 months ago
Stay with it Biden.

he won't, his handlers will see to it. Can't be going around pissing off The Squad.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  Vic Eldred    2 months ago

Progressives had no problem with the fact that an illegal migrant murdered an innocent American. They were upset that the murderer was called an illegal migrant.

Do you understand why I'm so fond of them, Bob?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

reminds me of the old norm McDonald joke about the worst thing about the Cosby scandal.  Democrats are much more upset about  Biden calling him an illegal than they are about an unnecessary, brutal murder,

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    2 months ago

MAGA oppose political correctness till they don't!

Bill Maher gave Joe a Big Balls Award for saying it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5    2 months ago

It’s a story on the right because of the  hysterics from liberals over Biden calling an illegal an illegal.   No conservative is mad at Biden for finally speaking the truth. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.2  1stwarrior  replied to  JBB @5    2 months ago

What MAGA opposed the political correctness of Biden's statement????

Ahhhh - you don't know 'cause it didn't happen.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @5    2 months ago

Will he give Biden a small balls award for apologizing to a murderer?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 months ago
President Joe Biden’s use of the term “an illegal”

So, this idea has developed in the last several years of not labeling people. I guess the thinking is that if you describe someone as that label, then everyone thinks of them only as that label.

And thus, a person might be here illegally, but they aren’t “an illegal.” People weren’t slaves, they were “enslaved people.” The labels, if I understand this trending philosophy correctly, have the effect of dehumanizing people.

I get it, but I think we’re really selling people short. I think most of us are a little more sophisticated than that. I can think of a person as a slave, an illegal, a homosexual, a wife, or a whatever, and still manage to acknowledge their value as a human being. And I think most other people can, too.

I’ll allow that it could be a legitimate conversation, but - call me a cynic - I think it’s really just tortured language for political purposes. We’re not going to acknowledge the truth of what the president said. We’re not even going to consider it. Instead, we derail the issue by being “offended” at the terminology.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Tacos! @6    2 months ago

"Feelings" Tacos - everyone is afraid to hurt others "feelings" so they won't become "offended".