╌>

The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Isn't A "Tesla Fighter"... It's Better...

Category:  Alternative Energy

Via:  outis  •  one month ago  •  4 comments

By:   Alex Dykes

The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Isn't A "Tesla Fighter"... It's Better...

Some of you might think that making a solid EV sedan in the 21st century is the textbook definition of "great landing, wrong airport," but for anyone interested in high efficiency, low emissions driving, the Ioniq 6 might just be the ultimate EV.

_v=63f541706485645

Alex Dykes is a car guy. Also a truck guy. He road-tests all kinds of cars and pickup trucks, both ICE and EV. His site is a must for gear-heads.

This car, the Ioniq 6, was not at all on my radar until I watched this video. I'm very tall, so I usually only consider SUVs. But Alex makes some very strong arguments for this car.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Outis
Freshman Principal
1  seeder  Outis    one month ago

The Hyundai Group seems to be intent on making good cars... both ICE and EV. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1  Gazoo  replied to  Outis @1    one month ago

Hyundai’s engine troubles have been a weirdly quiet problem for years. Estimates are that over 2 million vehicles are affected so it is a big problem. It’s so big of a problem that the company lost $2 billion in Q3 of 2022 because of the engines. The problems primarily apply to five Hyundai/Kia engine families: Nu, Gamma, Theta, Lambda and Kappa. With the number of engines are under each of those lines, the affected model list is vast. The engine troubles e ffect nearly every Hyundai or Kia model made from 2009-2022.”

hyundai, and kia, have never been on the level of japanese car quality. But they do have the best warranty in the business.which is a good thing for people that buy one.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Gazoo @1.1    one month ago

I have a 2017 Kia Sorento with 53,000 miles on it. The only problem I've had with it is that it burns about 1/2 quart of oil every 1500/1700 miles. I change oil every 5,000 miles so it isn't  problem currently. Other than that the car was been good.'

That was a very interesting video.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
1.1.2  Gazoo  replied to  Kavika @1.1.1    one month ago

As long as one is aware of it oil consumption is more of a nuisance than a problem that hopefully doesn’t get worse with age. Hopefully yours does not become worse.