╌>

Buttigieg dismisses idea he would run for 'demanding' POTUS office again

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gregtx  •  one month ago  •  3 comments

Buttigieg dismisses idea he would run for 'demanding' POTUS office again
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said he sees now how "demanding" the job of the President of the United States is and dismissed a future run.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said he sees now how "demanding" the job of the President of the United States is and dismissed a future run.

Buttigieg ran against President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination in 2020. Previously, he had only held the position of Mayor of South Bend, Indiana. As a secretary on Biden's Cabinet, he claimed he has gained a "new perspective" during an interview on Face the Nation on Sunday.

"Well, I certainly have a new perspective on just how demanding that job is, watching President Biden deal with so many concerns, challenges, and opportunities for this country. I am proud to be a small part of the big team that helps him get that done," Buttigieg said. "I sincerely don't know whether I will run for elected office of any kind again."

Does @SecretaryPete still aspire to be president someday after working with President Biden?
"Well, I certainly have a new perspective on just how demanding that job is," he says, adding: "I sincerely don't know whether I will run for elected office of any kind again." pic.twitter.com/cOIZCsg49Y

— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) March 31, 2024

According to Buttigieg, his current position is "hard, rewarding, and it's taken about 110% of what I have to give right now." Buttigieg was notably given a lengthy parental leave at the start of his job when he and his husband adopted twins.

Biden's term has seen a plethora of infrastructure disasters since Buttigieg was nominated. There have been six significant accidents involving Norfolk Southern trains alone since 2021. The most disruptive incident came just over a year ago, in East Palestine, Ohio, where 38 train cars fell off the track on Feb. 3, 2023, and resulted in evacuations of nearby residents. Boeing is also under investigation for a variety of issues with their planes, including a door plug falling off mid-flight and two cases of tires coming loose.

Most recently, a large cargo ship lost power before it struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge's support column in Baltimore, Maryland. It was able to send a mayday distress signal, which alerted authorities to stop traffic from entering the bridge; however, there were still six reported deaths, with two bodies recovered from the site to date.

Meanwhile, Buttigieg has faced criticism for delaying trips to these crash sites. He attempted to calm the public surrounding air travel, assuring Face the Nation viewers that he and his family will be traveling this next week.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    one month ago
"I sincerely don't know whether I will run for elected office of any kind again." According to Buttigieg, his current position is "hard, rewarding, and it's taken about 110% of what I have to give right now." Buttigieg was notably given a lengthy parental leave at the start of his job when he and his husband adopted twins.

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  GregTx @1    one month ago

Just another unqualified check marker. He's even more worthless than Kamala or KJP

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    one month ago

I give him credit for his honesty in the matter, but I do wish more candidates would educate themselves about the job before running. For that matter, I wish more voters would consider a candidate’s political experience before voting for incompetent people.