╌>

Los Angeles Synagogue Attack: Everything We Know

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  3 months ago  •  9 comments

Los Angeles Synagogue Attack: Everything We Know

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A violent clash took place outside a synagogue in Los Angeles on Sunday, as pro-Palestinian demonstrators were confronted by pro-Israel protesters.

Dozens of pro-Palestinian demonstrators gathered outside the Adas Torah synagogue in the Pico-Robertson neighborhood at around 11 a.m., police officer Tony Im told   the   Los Angeles Times.   They were soon met by the counter-protesters and the two groups clashed, with shoving and punches being exchanged.

The tussles led to one person being arrested, police said. Details haven't been released about that person, but the   Times   reported that they were allegedly carrying a "spiked flag," which is a prohibited item at a protest.

A video shared on X, formerly   Twitter , showed the chaotic scene as dozens of people brawled on the street outside of the synagogue.

The war in Gaza has sparked widespread protests across the U.S., with pro-Palestinian protesters demonstrating against Israel's bombardment of the territory. Protests have gripped  several college campuses  across the country, leading to   several arrests.

She added that she has asked the Los Angeles Police Department to provide additional patrols in the area.

Newsweek   reached out to the LAPD for comment via email outside of regular working hours.

In videos posted on social media, protesters from both sides can be seen shouting at and physically confronting one another. Palestinian and Israeli flags were on display, and some people wore yarmulkes and keffiyehs.

In one video, an egg was thrown at a pro-Palestinian demonstrator and bear spray appears to be deployed.

In another, protesters can be heard shouting "long live intifada," using the Arabic word for an uprising or resistance movement.

Police in riot gear cleared the area in front of the synagogue, and officer Im told   CNN   that the situation was "pretty calm" hours later.

California Governor   Gavin Newsom   condemned the clashes in a post on X: "There is no excuse for targeting a house of worship. Such antisemitic hatred has no place in California."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    3 months ago

I'm sure  all the people blocking access to the synagogue, or who jostled anyone, will be tracked down by the Biden DOJ and spend the next few years in jail.

George
Junior Expert
1.1  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    3 months ago

Only if there was an abortion clinic inside, it's about priorities.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    3 months ago

And I'm sure that some of our American Jews will judge Biden on it. / S

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    3 months ago
And I'm sure that some of our American Jews will judge Biden on it.

Not at all-- remember, contrary to common belief, Biden is not the governor of California! 

(But my guess is that you already knew that)

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    3 months ago

Those that engage in violence on both sides have nothing to fear. Biden needs their votes.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Sean Treacy    3 months ago

Same day an elected Democratic congressman (really) and Hamas rape denier was shouting this at a rally

“We’re all going to show f***ing AIPAC the power of the motherf***ing South Bronx. People ask me why I’ve got a foul mouth: What am I supposed to do? You comin’ after me. You comin’ after my family. You comin’ after my children. I’m not supposed to fight back? We’re going to show them who the f*** we are.”

Biden's America...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 months ago
Dozens of pro-Palestinian demonstrators gathered outside the Adas Torah synagogue in the Pico-Robertson neighborhood at around 11 a.m., police officer Tony Im told   the   Los Angeles Times.

And protesting outside a synagogue a few thousand miles away is supposed to accomplish what again?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    3 months ago

Just an excuse to attack and intimidate Jews. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1    3 months ago

Just another day in ignorance.