An ICE Nurse Revealed That A Georgia Detention Center Is Performing Mass Hysterectomies

Via:  Trout Giggles  •  one week ago  •  81 comments

By:   Izzie Ramirez (YahooFinance)

To comment, please join group The Reality Show

The Reality Show

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9468b67592986cdea6a05f396cd72c04

On Monday, a nurse at a private immigration detention center in Georgia came forward about a range of dangerous medical practices at a U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. According to her, the center has not only ignored COVID-19 protocols, but is actively performing mass hysterectomies on detained people.

"Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy — just about everybody. He's even taken out the wrong ovary on a young lady [detained immigrant woman]," Wooten said. "She was supposed to get her left ovary removed because it had a cyst on the left ovary; he took out the right one."

The complaint was filed on the behalf of Wooten by advocacy groups Project South, Georgia Detention Watch, Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights, and South Georgia Immigrant Support Network. In their report, Wooten details other malpractices at the facility, including lack of COVID-19 testing for symptomatic patients, as well as a general lack of reporting cases.

The complaint also explains why she decided to come forward publicly: Wooten had been reprimanded and demoted by ICDC when she spoke up about the poor practices at the detention center.

"You put two and two together," she said. "I'm asking for these things and speaking for these detainees. I'm a problem. I'm being seen and I'm not supposed to be seen or heard. It makes you look like you're not doing your job."

This isn't the first time the United States has forced people — especially people of color — into unwanted sterilization, which is a human rights violation and a form of eugenics, according to the World Health Organization. For more than 70 years, California led the country in sterilizations; during that time about 20,000 people were sterilized against their will in state institutions. In the South, Black women were treated as "practice" for incoming medical students and had been sterilized unknowingly during C-sections. Other times, they were coerced in order to retain welfare benefits. Sterilization was so wide-spread in North Carolina that a bill was passed in 2015 to give victims financial compensation.

Of course, when it comes to undocumented immigrants, who are regularly referred to as "unwanted" "aliens" by the current president, it's not so surprising that these practices went unreported for so long. One immigrant in the complaint put it best: "This place is not equipped for humans."

1  seeder  Trout Giggles    one week ago

I seriously want to hear from the so-called pro-life crowd what they think about this.

They sterilize these women and then they send them back to their originating country unable to have children. That's monstrous

evilgenius
1.1  evilgenius  replied to  Trout Giggles @1    one week ago
...the so-called pro-life crowd what they think about this.

They'll come up with some twisted logic to excuse this, just as they always do.

1.1.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilgenius @1.1    one week ago

I'm ready. I have my big bottle of Aleve standing by

1.1.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    one week ago

I can already hear people just deny it or say it is only some deep state conspiracy to harm donald...

This is sick. I have read reports of sexual abuse as well.

These so called 'centers' need to be looked into immediately.

1.1.3  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @1.1.2    one week ago

They can say that all they want but it's being reported all over the place

1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @1    one week ago

I seriously want to hear from those who have been critical of what they THINK another country has been doing to its citizens.

Dean Moriarty
1.2.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    one week ago

This doesn’t sound good to me. Illegals coming for free medical care at detention facilities and sticking the taxpayer with the bill. I say send them back without the free medical care.

1.2.2  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2.1    one week ago

You didn't read the seed, did you?

Dean Moriarty
1.2.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.2    one week ago

I read it twice.

1.2.4  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2.3    one week ago
The whistleblower, Dawn Wooten, worked at the Irwin County Detention Center (ICDC) — which is operated by LaSalle Corrections — where she allegedly witnessed the company's refusal to test detainees for COVID-19 as well as spoke to several people who each had their uterus removed as part of an unwarranted hysterectomy procedure. According to the official complaint lodged with the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Homeland Security, Wooten said that the facility was performing hysterectomies on people who reported having heavy menstrual cycles or other more serious pain, but that "everybody's uterus cannot be that bad." "I've had several inmates tell me that they've been to see the doctor and they've had hysterectomies and they don't know why they went or why they're going," Wooten said in the report. She also noted how ICDC consistently uses one out-of-facility doctor, who is responsible for the hysterectomies in addition to accidentally removing the wrong ovary in one patient. "He's the uterus collector."

Do you think performing unnecessary hysterectomies are the medical treatment these women were seeking?

Dean Moriarty
1.2.5  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.4    one week ago

Medical care yes hysterectomies no.

“Wooten said that the facility was performing hysterectomies on people who reported having heavy menstrual cycles or other more serious pain,”

1.2.6  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2.5    one week ago

But they got hysterectomies instead of medical treatment to help them with their menstrual cycles.

Dean Moriarty
1.2.7  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.6    one week ago

That's what happens with government run programs. The doctors do unnecessary procedures and the taxpayer gets stuck with the bill.

1.2.8  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2.7    one week ago

Medical treatment is cheaper than surgery, in case you didn't know that. One way of treating painful and heavy periods is birth control pills. And Motrin.

Please don't even try and defend this. It was allowed by our government who is guilty of human rights abuses if not genocide because these women will never have children

Dean Moriarty
1.2.9  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.8    one week ago

Yes it is another example of a failed government program.

1.2.10  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2.9    one week ago

If you're referring to ICE, for-profit prison programs and locking up illegals until gawd knows when....I agree with you

zuksam
1.2.11  zuksam  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.10    one week ago
locking up illegals until gawd knows when....

We need to send them back to their own countries as fast as possible.

Raven Wing
1.2.12  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.4    one week ago

And they were likely NOT told in advance they were going to have a hysterectomy, or were lied to that there was no other way to treat their malady.

I know for a fact that there are many other means of treatment for most women's monthly issues. However, for some there is nothing else that can be done, and death by endless bleeding is a given. So a hysterectomy is the only way to save their life. But, the women should have the right to make that decision herself.

cjcold
1.2.13  cjcold  replied to  zuksam @1.2.11    one week ago

Immigrants (both legal and illegal) are what makes up Americans.

Even the "native" Americans came over the Bering land bridge.

Suz
1.3  Suz  replied to  Trout Giggles @1    one week ago

You people astound me.  I am pro-life.  My stance on abortion is well known and it will never change no matter who you send to berate me.  I support women using contraceptives including the birth-control pill or IUD or whatever does the job to prevent very stupid people from having an unwanted pregnancy.

As to the article, these are accusations only, but if it turns out to be true, then someone is going to jail.

1.3.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Suz @1.3    one week ago

I didn't send anybody to berate you.

My question is how do people who staunchly anti-abortion justify sterilizing illegal immigrants in our for-profit prison system and then sending them back to their own country? That's not pro-life that's what the Nazis did when they took power in Germany.

And if these allegations turn out to be true, I doubt anyone is going to jail in trmp's America.

Veronica
1.3.2  Veronica  replied to  Suz @1.3    one week ago
prevent very stupid people from having an unwanted pregnancy.

So intelligent people never have an unwanted pregnancy????  That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
1.3.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Veronica @1.3.2    one week ago

Birth control isn't 100%. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif My grandmother, mother, and myself know that much.

Tessylo
1.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  Suz @1.3    one week ago

Who has come to berate you?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Tacos!
1.3.5  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.4    one week ago
Who has come to berate you? What the fuck are you talking about?

You hear it, right?

Tessylo
1.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.5    one week ago

Hear what?

Plus, I wasn't talking to you.

Go troll someone else.

Drakkonis
1.3.7  Drakkonis  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.1    one week ago

bbl-1
1.3.8  bbl-1  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.7    one week ago

Appointees in the Trump Administration.

Drakkonis
1.3.9  Drakkonis  replied to  bbl-1 @1.3.8    one week ago
Appointees in the Trump Administration.

I think I'll wait for a more serious response, thanks.

bbl-1
1.3.10  bbl-1  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.9    one week ago

That is a prerequisite.

Drakkonis
1.3.11  Drakkonis  replied to  bbl-1 @1.3.10    one week ago
That is a prerequisite.

I think you may have meant "prerogative".

1.3.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Suz @1.3    one week ago

When I was the president of the Ontario chapter of an International children's charity I was given a tour of Toronto's Sick Children's Hospital, and I invite any anti-abortionist to visit the top floor ward where the staff look after the "monsters" that the actual parents cannot handle or even bear to look at.

bbl-1
1.3.13  bbl-1  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.11    one week ago

No.  Check out the Floyd guy ( and many others ) at DHS running things in the immigrant detention centers.

1.3.14  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.7    one week ago

Not yet....still waiting to hear from the anti-immigration people to tell me they see nothing wrong with sterilizing illegals against their will

Tessylo
1.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.7    one week ago

U.S.

Florida’s new justice belongs to Christian group using law to ‘spread the Gospel’

Mary Ellen Klas, KIrWilson
5a498520-c038-11e9-b73c-996799e5d6e4 September 15, 2020, 7:22 PM EDT

Jamie R. Grosshans, the last-minute choice of Gov. Ron DeSantis to the Florida Supreme Court, is an anti-abortion defender who has been active in a number of Christian legal groups, including a powerful national organization whose mission is to “spread the Gospel by transforming the legal system.”

DeSantis is a trumpturd ass kisser so I think this counts.

1.3.16  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.15    one week ago
spread the Gospel by transforming the legal system.”

That's one of the 7 pillars of Christian Dominionism

1.3.17  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.15    one week ago

We hear time and again and the left is out to destroy the US all the while the real people that want to destroy the US are given the blessing by the right wing...

Bob Nelson
1.3.18  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ender @1.3.17    one week ago

That's because the right wing wants to destroy the country transform the country into a White-supremacist, patriarchal, plutocracy.

1.3.19  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @1.3.18    one week ago

Over my dead body

Bob Nelson
1.3.20  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.19    one week ago

There will probably be some of that...

1.3.21  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @1.3.20    one week ago

No doubt. I'm just waiting for one of my haters to tell me that can be arranged

Drakkonis
1.3.22  Drakkonis  replied to  bbl-1 @1.3.13    one week ago

Um,  not only can I not find any connection between "the Floyd guy" (I assume you mean George Floyd) and the DHS, other than an article about possible openings for domestic terrorists, I can't think of how this could be relevant to my question. I can find no information on the DHS's position on abortion, nor can I imagine them having one, since it has nothing to do with it's mission.

Drakkonis
1.3.23  Drakkonis  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.15    one week ago
DeSantis is a trumpturd ass kisser so I think this counts.

How does this answer my question of " Do you have any examples of staunchly anti-abortion people justifying this accusation?"  from 1.3.7 ?

Drakkonis
1.3.24  Drakkonis  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.21    one week ago
No doubt. I'm just waiting for one of my haters to tell me that can be arranged

You seem to be waiting for expected behavior that doesn't appear to be happening much, if at all. First it was...

I asked if  you have any examples of staunchly anti-abortion people justifying this accusation? Your next response was...

Which seems like an odd thing to wait for. Why would you now want a different group to tell you they see nothing wrong with it? Is that what you want them to believe or something? My personal opinion is that I hope you aren't holding your breath on this or anything.

And now you appear to be waiting for another thing that, so far, hasn't materialized...

I'm just waiting for one of my haters to tell me that can be arranged.

Maybe none of your expectations have occurred because the people you are denigrating don't actually hold the positions on this issue you seem to want to believe they do.

Drakkonis
1.3.25  Drakkonis  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.22    one week ago

This should have read...

I can find no information on the DHS's position on sterilizing illegal immigrants, nor can I imagine them having one, since it has nothing to do with it's mission.

Tessylo
1.3.27  Tessylo  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.23    one week ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

1.3.28  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Drakkonis @1.3.24    one week ago

I have had people tell me that my dead body can be arranged and similar words to that effect. It happens

As for the other stuff...C'est la vie. I'm glad to be disappointed for once

Drakkonis
1.3.29  Drakkonis  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.27    6 days ago

I will take that to mean it does not, in fact, address the question.

Drakkonis
1.3.30  Drakkonis  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.28    6 days ago
I'm glad to be disappointed for once

As am I.

Veronica
2  Veronica    one week ago

I am not sure why, but this story brings to mind the latest season of the Alienist where wealthy New Yorkers were taking their pregnant mistresses to a specific hospital where she would be told her baby died (it was given to a childless wealthy couple) and then the doctor would perform a hysterectomy so that she could go back to servicing her man & he would have no worries of another unwanted pregnancy.

Forced sterilization is atrocious.

lady in black
3  lady in black    one week ago

Welcome to Orange conman's America.

4  Kavika     one week ago

This has happened before to American Indian women in the 1960s and 70s by the thousands. Another part of US history that isn't taught or talked about.

4.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @4    one week ago

exactly!

I remember a line from Braveheart from Edward Longshanks: if we can't rub them out, we breed them out

Mark in Wyoming
4.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    one week ago

sadly history if full of examples of things like this to control populations .

the one most glaring is what happened in the 40s in germany , and likely the one that makes it so distasetful.to modern society but it has been done throughout history ,

it was done in the US in the 30s ( look up the movie ms evers boys ) it was as kav said done to natives , and it was also done in central and south america , sponsored by the US government in the last half of the last century.

That is not even mentioning what ancient spartans did to those they deemed a drain on their society and even they were not the first or only ones .

JBB
4.1.2  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.1    one week ago

Know our history before blaming others. Where did Nazis got their ideas about eugenics?

"Coerced sterilization is a shameful part of America's history, and one doesn't have to go too far back to find examples of it. Used as a means of controlling "undesirable" populations - immigrants, people of color, poor people, unmarried mothers, the disabled, the mentally ill - federally-funded sterilization programs took place in 32 states throughout the 20th century. Driven by prejudiced notions of science and social control, these programs informed policies on immigration and segregation.

As historian William Deverell explains in a piece discussing the "Asexualization Acts" that led to the sterilization of more than 20,000 California men and women, "If you are sterilizing someone, you are saying, if not to them directly, 'Your possible progeny are inassimilable, and we choose not to deal with that.'"

According to Andrea Estrada at UC Santa Barbara , forced sterilization was particularly rampant in California (the state's eugenics program even inspired the Nazis ):

Beginning in 1909 and continuing for 70 years, California led the country in the number of sterilization procedures performed on men and women, often without their full knowledge and consent. Approximately 20,000 sterilizations took place in state institutions, comprising one-third of the total number performed in the 32 states where such action was legal. (from The UC Santa Barbara Current )

"There is today one state," wrote Hitler, "in which at least weak beginnings toward a better conception [of citizenship] are noticeable. Of course, it is not our model German Republic, but the United States." (from The L.A. Times )

Researcher Alex Stern, author of the new book Eugenic Nation: Faults and Frontiers of Better Breeding in America , adds:

"In the early 20th century across the country, medical superintendents, legislators, and social reformers affiliated with an emerging eugenics movement joined forces to put sterilization laws on the books. Such legislation was motivated by crude theories of human heredity that posited the wholesale inheritance of traits associated with a panoply of feared conditions such as criminality, feeblemindedness, and sexual deviance. Many sterilization advocates viewed reproductive surgery as a necessary public health intervention that would protect society from deleterious genes and the social and economic costs of managing 'degenerate stock'."

Eugenics was a commonly accepted means of protecting society from the offspring (and therefore equally suspect) of those individuals deemed inferior or dangerous - the poor, the disabled, the mentally ill, criminals, and people of color.

Eugenical Sterilization Map of the United States, 1935; from The Harry H. Laughlin Papers, Truman State University

More recently, California prisons are said to have authorized sterilizations of nearly 150 female inmates between 2006 and 2010 . This article from the Center for Investigative reporting reveals how the state paid doctors $147,460 to perform tubal ligations that former inmates say were done under coercion.

But California is far from being the only state with such troubled practices. For a disturbing history lesson, check out this comprehensive database for your state's eugenics history. You can find out more information on state-by-state sterilization policies, the number of victims, institutions where sterilizations were performed, and leading opponents and proponents .

While California's eugenics programs were driven in part by anti-Asian and anti-Mexican prejudice, Southern states also employed sterilization as a means of controlling African American populations. "Mississippi appendectomies" was another name for unnecessary hysterectomies performed at teaching hospitals in the South on women of color as practice for medical students. This NBC news article discusses North Carolina's eugenics program, including stories from victims of forced sterilization like Elaine Riddick . A third of the sterilizations were done on girls under 18, even as young as 9. The state also targeted individuals seen as "delinquent" or "unwholesome."

For a closer look, see Belle Bogg's " For the Public Good ," with original video by Olympia Stone that features Willis Lynch, who was sterilized at the age of 14 while living in a North Carolina juvenile detention facility.

Gregory W. Rutecki, MD writes about the forced sterilization of Native Americans , which persisted into the 1970s and 1980s, with examples of young women receiving tubal ligations when they were getting appendectomies. It's estimated that as many as 25-50 percent of Native American women were sterilized between 1970 and 1976. Forced sterilization programs are also a part of history in Puerto Rico, where sterilization rates are said to be the highest in the world .

Landmark Cases

The film No Mas Bebes follows the story of Mexican American women who were sterilized under duress while giving birth at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center in the 1960s and 1970s. Madrigal v. Quilligan , the case portrayed in the film, is one of several landmark cases that's affected the reproductive rights of underserved populations, for better or for worse.

Here are some other important cases:

Buck v. Bell : In 1927, Carrie Buck, a poor white woman, was the first person to be sterilized in Virginia under a new law. Carrie's mother had been involuntarily institutionalized for being "feebleminded" and "promiscuous." Carrie was assumed to have inherited these traits, and was sterilized after giving birth. This Supreme Court case led to the sterilization of 65,000 Americans with mental illness or developmental disabilities from the 1920s to the '70s. (Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote in reference to Carrie: "Three generations of imbeciles are enough.") The court ruling still stands today . [Note: This story was also the subject of a 1994 made-for-TV movie starring Marlee Matlin.]

Excerpt from the documentary Fixed to Fail: Buck vs. Bell :

Relf v. Weinberger : Mary Alice and Minnie Relf, poor African American sisters from Alabama, were sterilized at the ages of 14 and 12. Their mother, who was illiterate, had signed an "X" on a piece of paper she believed gave permission for her daughters, who were both mentally disabled, to receive birth control shots. In 1974, the Southern Poverty Law Center filed a lawsuit on behalf of the Relf sisters, revealing that 100,000 to 150,000 poor people were being sterilized each year under federally-funded programs.

Eugenics Compensation Act : In December 2015, the US Senate voted unanimously to help surviving victims of forced sterilization . North Carolina has paid $35,000 to 220 surviving victims of its eugenics program. Virginia agreed to give surviving victims $25,000 each.

Reproductive Justice Today

Anti-sterilization abuse protest; photo by Alva Nelms

While the case in No Mas Bebes occurred forty years ago, issues of reproductive justice are still relevant today, as state laws continue to restrict access to abortion and birth control. Deborah Reid of the National Health Law program writes :

"The concept of reproductive justice, which is firmly rooted in a human rights framework that supports the ability of all women to make and direct their own reproductive decisions. These decisions could include obtaining contraception, abortion, sterilization, and/or maternity care. Accompanying that right is the obligation of the government and larger society to create laws, policies, and systems conducive to supporting those decisions."

For organizations such as the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health , reproductive justice involves not only access to affordable birth control, abortion, and health care, but also providing access to women who are being held in immigration detention centers .

It's work that connects the dots between power inequities and bodily self-determination - something the eugenics movement sought to limit. As No Mas Bebes director Renee Tajima-Pena says in an interview with Colorlines : "The reproductive justice framework is to make sure that people listen to the needs and the voices of poor women, women of color and immigrant women who've been marginalized."

Popular Science magazine, 1923.

For Further Reading:
Eugenic Nation: Faults and Frontiers of Better Breeding in Modern America , by Alex Stern
States of Delinquency: Race and Science in the Making of California's Juvenile Justice System , by Miroslava Chavez-Garcia
Fit to Be Citizens: Public Health and Race in Los Angeles, 1879-1939 , by Natalia Molina

Sean Treacy
4.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.1.2    one week ago
Where do you think Nazis got their ideas about eugenics from

American progressives, like the abortion heroine Margaret Sanger.  That American progressives and Nazis were fellow travelers in eugenics is well known but usually denied by  modern liberals. Glad to see you've finally recognized the truth.

Mark in Wyoming
4.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @4.1.2    one week ago

Hmmm, rereading my comment , i seem to have plainly put some blame on the US , but seem to have put the blame squarely on Humans throughout history

nazi germany was but a preheartbeat in human existance timewise , and is as i stated a glaring and most used example of an extreme.

and if  one wishes to examine where that particular political entity got their ideas , i would agree that they got some from all over and where ever they thought the practice fit the solution desired , be it the genocide of native americans or other aborigional entites elsewhere in the world to include the ottoman turk genocide of christian armenians prior to and during WW1 . that latter being the actual one that convinced them that they would likely be able to get away with it in that day and age, speaking of course of the holocaust , because the entire civilized world , did and said nothing about that event that happened a mere 15 or so years before that party came to power in germany.

to quote monte python , as for your entire post, i fart in your general direction.

JBB
4.1.5  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.4    one week ago

If this report is true then the United States of America is currently engaged in some Nazi shit that would make Mengele blush and your response is to fart in my direction? Gotcha...

I know history plenty but what I am currently worried about is what evil Nazi type shit the Trump and Company are doing here and now!

Mark in Wyoming
4.1.6  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @4.1.5    one week ago
If this report is true

Very good point .

we dont know , shall there be an investigation ? i think so and agree one should be done

Im not a medical dr but i know that there are certain conditions that would lead a dr to decide a partial or complete hysterectomy is called for in cases that warrant it , and there is usually documentation to back up that finding

example i can offer is i have witnessed numerous times women have been diagnosed with endodemetreitis( spelling is likely wrong) resulting in hysterectomies , some i would say those women were quite young to be afflicted in such a way , like mid 20s , is there a need for a study  to find out why over the past 20 years there have been clusters of cases like this in the state ? cant say because im not a dr. but it likely wouldnt be a bad idea.

is there any in these cases ? again , unknown. it should be determined in a clear yes or no fashion.

. Even government drs , who usually stay on through different admins do not like to be sued for malpractice. bad for business you know.

It would seem you are upset because i do not show what YOU think would be a suitable level of outrage towards the article ,  there is no outrage because the above questions and actions have not been sufficiantly addressed  and answered

So trumps to blame ? not a Dr ? ok GOTCHA.( meaning understand)

if the president is  responsable

Tuskagee study in the 1930s-1940s i mentioned .( the movie , and a very good one  Ms Evers boys was based on this ) US government not only infected but refused to treat blacks with syphillis and gohnoreha , even though there was an immediate treatment and "CURE"  the study was to find out how the deseases affected  the people subjected from initial infection to the end of the desease if left untreated. something medical science and study had already determined  and what made it even worse was that the medical community flagged these people so they could not get treatment elsewhere unless they went underground and out of state to see a Dr.

.President throughout the entire study?  Franklin D Roosevelt  so he is to blame .

Guatamala study in the 1960s  basically a repeat of the Tuskagee study to see if the same findings could be reached on the native peoples and done outside the country because of the uproar caused by tuskagee study .( otherwise the natives of USA might have had more to worry about than the sterilization issue they faced) .

Party That the president belonged to during the majority of this study? another democrat , this one went by the name Lyndon B Johnson Following the logic the presidents to blame , it falls on him then.

The fart in a general direction is a direct response to the partisan opinion shown even understanding it is 2020 , an election year ( all is fair to disparge the political opponent and that), and the year has an extrodinary amount of full moons too, maybe we should look into or a study should be done to see how the moon affects people, and we can blame it on....... ,

farting in the general direction is the closest one will get to me giving a shit  about it presented that way that will be shown.

Veronica
4.2  Veronica  replied to  Kavika @4    one week ago

I read that in a book years ago & now I cannot remember what it was.  ARGH - the mind is going.......  I thought it was horrendous.  And you are right it isn't taught & it should be.

4.3  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @4    one week ago

Native women have never received an apology let alone any compensation.

Raven Wing
4.3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @4.3    one week ago
Native women have never received an apology let alone any compensation.

In many of the raids on Native American villages by the Calvary and gov. militias, one of the primary reasons was to kill as many of the women and young girls they could find. Why? Because women were the breeders of the Indians, and without women, there could be no more babies, thus, the Indians would simply die off and become extinct. For all their efforts, that didn't work either. Then they turned to means of sterilization.

Oops.......that didn't work either. It seems the Creator had other ideas for His world. It seems the harder the gov and Europeans did to kill off all Native Americans the more they failed, because....

Bob Nelson
4.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika @4    one week ago

Raven Wing
4.4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.4    one week ago
Black women were also sterilized,

And under some circumstances, they still are. Only they have no clue what will happen to them until it is all over with.

The U.S. Government's Role in Sterilizing Women of Color - Black, Puerto Rican, and Native American women have been victimized

Ronin2
5  Ronin2    one week ago

Note:This is all only alleged. I read the article; but did everyone else?

She did not help perform a single operation. She didn't witness any of the operations being done. She only has the words of illegals that are at the detention facility; now why would they lie to her.

If it is true; then by all means prosecute all those involved with the mutilations to the fullest extent of the law. But first a full investigation from those with hopefully more level heads; and that will go beyond simply asking illegals being detained there.

5.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @5    one week ago

After reading just that, she sounds pretty credible to me. She's a nurse interacting with the inmates. You might even call them her "patients"

Mark in Wyoming
5.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    one week ago

Likely should have faced the medical lic'ng board and had his lic to practice revoked .

6  Paula Bartholomew    one week ago

The Nazis used and abused, reproduction to achieve their ideological goal of creating a “Master” “Aryan” race.  They prevented women and men regarded as not meeting idealized Nazi racial standards and particularly Jewish women from having children through legal, social, psychological, biological means, and by murder.  Welcome to Trump's parallel universe.

Imposing measures to prevent births is included in the definition of genocide found in Articles II and III of the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide.  The list of laws he has broken just keep on piling up.

6.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    one week ago

I wasn't going to say anything about the UN Convention only because that would stir up a big ol' murder hornet's nest. You know how people are when you mention the UN and American abuses of human rights....I shudder as I write that

Tacos!
7  Tacos!    one week ago

Taking the accusations as true (for the sake of discussion), it's sounds like we have one of those surgeons who is looking to get paid, and so he decides every patient he sees needs to go under the knife. Conveniently, he has found himself an endless supply of people who are in no position to argue with him about it or seek a second opinion.

7.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @7    one week ago

A modern day Josef Mengele

Bob Nelson
8  Bob Nelson    one week ago

Trump is a fascist.

Now we learn that, like previous fascists, his administration mutilates helpless victims.

America! Be proud!

Ronin2
8.1  Ronin2  replied to  Bob Nelson @8    one week ago

Do you know how long this has been going on? What are you going to say if it began during the Obama Administration?

8.1.1  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1    one week ago

I'm not Bob, but if this has been going on since the Obama admin, I'm gonna be just as pissed.

BTW, nice attempt at deflection. Let's talk about what's going on today. If had been going on since Obama, why didn't the trmp admin stop it?

Bob Nelson
8.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.1    one week ago

But Giggles!

If Obama did it, then Trump may do it. That's how TrumpTrueBelieversTM define right and wrong: whatever anyone has ever done is okay for Trump. There are no criteria independent of previous behavior. For example, the law need not be obeyed because [someone] once disobeyed it. There is no sin too awful, because [someone] once sinned...

8.1.3  seeder  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.1.2    one week ago

Well, ya know...I get tired of the deflection and tired of certain NT'ers calling the Obama admin corrupt....well what has their Law and Order POUTUS done about the Obama corruption? Have they prosecuted anybody at the very least indicted anyone?

They can play their games all day long and twice on Sunday but they've lost all credibility

Bob Nelson
8.1.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.3    one week ago

The Prophet has declared that Obama was corrupt. Therefore, Obama was corrupt.

The Word of the Prophet is Truth.

Why bother with "proof"?

The Word of the Prophet is Truth.

bbl-1
9  bbl-1    one week ago

Lift the coiffured hair and the heart and soul of MAGA is exposed.

10  Buzz of the Orient    one week ago

On reading some of the stories of what Americans have done historically and presently, I'm quite amazed by the absolute hypocrisy of some members who have criticized other nations for having done no different.

Raven Wing
10.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    one week ago

It's always easier for them to point fingers at others than it is to look in the mirror and take responsibility for their own actions. That is why they make good Trump supporters. Like Trump, they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions, be it by their own hand, or by supporting the immoral sins of others.

freepress
11  freepress    one week ago

From "pro-life" to "no-life" under this administration.

FLYNAVY1