Baron Creek

Setting the Clocks Ahead and Going Backward in Time!

By:  Baron Creek  •  Nonsense and Ramblings  •  one month ago  •  7 comments

Setting the Clocks Ahead and Going Backward in Time!
It's déjà vu all over again - Yogi Berra

Woke up this morning, checked the news and saw how Biden crushed it. I'm still checking to see how California managed to secede from the union, as there are still a lot of delegates to be assigned (400+). But as I heard last night, paid political ads are generally tuned out by the public, but "real" news is generally believed ( I swear I only listened to a couple of minutes while checking the recorded list to see what next to watch). Besides there is another 365 delegates to be decided in a week, so hurry up and prepare for it.

Also, this morning I see Bloomberg has exited the race. Although, the notion that we might have two N.Y Billionaires, laden with Non Disclosure Agreements arguing over who is rich, would make for a fabulous campagn. Frankly, I think the incumbent might already have that identity copyrighted.

How much longer Warren can hold out is anybody's guess and let's not forget Gabbard's delegate count. Essentially it has now become a two horse race... Sanders vs. the Democratic establishment. Remember 2016 - (It's déjà vu all over again - Yogi Berra), thank you Yogi. Oh, and let's not forget George Santayana: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". Hmmm... getting into "beating a dead horse" territory, so let it rest!

At least the news media is focusing on the elections, which means that virus thing must have been cured. Or it could be they think political advertising dollars can replace normal ads... when those advertisers start cutting back to reduce expenses and save cash and bridge that supply chain gap I had previously mentioned. Hmmm... 1918~1920 all over again! Nah! Such a thing couldn't happen in today's age.

Of course the FED is charging in to rescue all, but will it be enough? Probably not, as Banks with excess reserves in the event of some major downturn are not likely to empty the coffers to any zombie companies during an anticipated downturn. Unless the public is ready to bail out the too big to fail. I didn't think so.

Finally, those of us in the USA preparing to adjust to daylight savings time... that's this weekend. Don't want you to be late for work on Monday.

Wait... I'm retired, so screw it!jrSmiley_20_smiley_image.gif

Baron Creek
1  author  Baron Creek    one month ago

Ever notice how the same plot thread appears on many of your favorite shows, with a few different twists and turns... but you somehow instinctively know what's coming next?

1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Baron Creek @1    one month ago

All the time, and it's the rare TV show that fools me.

As for daylight savings time, well, they are talking about making it all year long since there are health risks in changing the clocks. I will enjoy the more daylight but miss that 1 hour for about a week or two.

1.1.1  Ender  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    one month ago

I can't stand it getting dark early. At the shortest days here it gets dark at like 5:30.

Never liked driving home in the dark. It always felt like by the time I got home, the day was gone and no time to do anything around the house.

1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @1.1.1    one month ago

When I lived in Anchorage, I loved it when it was the dark season.  It would create some problems but if you just stayed alert, it was not so bad.

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    one month ago

"Finally, those of us in the USA preparing to adjust to daylight savings time"

Hate that requirement ! The only "HATE" I have.

love the Dems and their …. Drama ! It's "Soap" reincarnated. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

3  Ender    one month ago
Of course the FED is charging in to rescue all, but will it be enough?

They are taking away any wiggle room they may have had.

Baron Creek
3.1  author  Baron Creek  replied to  Ender @3    one month ago

They have to present the perception they are getting ahead of "something". Those OEM's, etc. have suppliers with problems and those problems are with their suppliers all the way back through the chain. The size and scale of the problem is next to impossible to quantify at this point. Expect another rate cut at the next FED meeting, imo.