╌>

SAINT & REDFORD MOVIE GAME

By:  Buzz of the Orient  •  4 days ago  •  23 comments

SAINT & REDFORD MOVIE GAME

Leave a comment to auto-join group MOVIES & TV - CLASSIC to CURRENT

MOVIES & TV - CLASSIC to CURRENT

SAINT & RE DF OR D MOVIE GAME

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS, ANY MOVIE OR ACTOR NAMES, IMAGES, MOVIE QUOTES OR EVEN A HINT IN A COMMENT, OR YOU WILL RUIN THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE.        POST YOUR ANSWERS IN A PRIVATE NOTE TO ME, BUZZ OF THE ORIENT, AND I WILL REPLY WITH YOUR SCORE AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS.

Don't forget that I am on the other side of the world (of most of you) and I could be asleep when you send your answers, so be patient - I will get to your PN as soon as I can.

PLEASE, PLEASE,  READ WHAT IS BELOW FIRST AND FOLLOW THE RULES IN ORDER TO GET FULL MARKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS.    THIS GAME IS SIMILAR TO THE PREVIOUS GAME.

For the answer to be correct, it is  REQUIRED  that it  MUST  be a movie on one of the linked IMDb movie lists of movies located just below this paragraph.  One is for Eva Marie Saint lists 51 movies and the other is for Robert Redford and lists 48 movies.  The visual clues represent words, scenarios or images that may be relevant to the movie title or words relevant to the movie title that can be found in the mini-synopsis of the movie on the linked IMDb lists. That means you will not have had to see the movies or even know the stories to identify the movies from the clues, which is why this is a game more like a treasure hunt than a quiz.  I have seen only 4 or 5 of the movies on this game that I can remember, and it's possible a few may have already been used in previous quizzes or games, wherein I know that I have used the same or similar clues for one or two of them as I had before.  I don't think any of the clues are actual screen shots from the movies.  I try to use clues that do not make it easy to do a web search, and since this is a test of your ability to find the answers, web searching using google or web programs that identify movies from the clues is cheating.  The real fun of the game is using the visual clues and mini-synopses required to identify the movies, so IMO if you cheat you are the biggest loser even if you're able to fool the rest of us.

Eva Marie Saint  (IMDb) LINK ->  Eva Marie Saint (imdb.com)

Robert Redford Filmography (IMDb) LINK -> Robert Redford Filmography (imdb.com)

There may be lists with the same or similar names but with different movies, so  IT IS NECESSARY  to use  ONLY  the ones that are linked above.

Note that I (almost) never use the same movie more than once in the same game.  I said "almost" because I mistakenly actually  DID  use the same movie twice in the Pirate Movie Game, but caught it and replaced one of them when I got the first submission.

THE RULES

I am being fairly lenient in my scoring, and not overly concerned about spelling mistakes, obvious typos, punctuation, capitalizing or leaving out or adding an extraneous "A" or "The", but especially if you guess the answer  you should check the movie name on the linked lists or web to make sure it is the full and correct name.  For example, and this will be important for all my games, you will lose a half mark if you make the title one word if it is two, or two words when it is only one because that means to me that you are not sure of the title and you never checked your answer with the list to make sure it is correct.  Just identifying the image does not necessarily mean that you know the name of the movie.  That is only one of the reasons why  it is important for you to check your answers with the lists to make sure they are correct.    I can't believe how many times players do not bother and then lose score.  As well, if you can convince me that my clues are equally as relevant for or better indicative of a movie other than the one I've chosen,  provided it is one of the movies on the IMDb lists linked above ,  I will accept that alternative as a good answer. Previously I did accept alternative movies for the questions.

Please also send only one answer for each question - I cannot score it if you provide more than one movie name per question.

A few who played the games when they were quizzes previously had quit because of the rules. But I wish to ask if there is a game that does  NOT  have rules that must be followed?

A few times now a situation came up previously where the movie list link I used came up with a different name than the one the participant got when they opened that same movie name although it was the same link, so if that happens, and usually it is a foreign movie, please tell me when I score your answers

Please number your answers the same as the questions.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

Red Box Rules

Save that two members besides the Group Administrator have blanket approval to post and promote seeds and articles, all members of this group are welcome to post to the Group seeds, articles and comments provided that: 1) Promotion to the Front (Home) Page of seeds and articles must first be approved by the Group Administrator, and 2) Discussion of politics and/or religion will be limited to the plots and themes of the movies or TV movies and series themselves and any religious comments or proselytizing or commentary concerning current political circumstances not in reference to the movies or TV movies and series themselves will be deleted along with all CoC and ToS violations.  As well, anything posted that the administer of this group deems to be offensive or off topic will be deleted.  Videos and images that the administrator cannot open must be described in text or they will be deleted.

1  author  Buzz of the Orient    4 days ago

Because I've been having a lot of trouble with my computer I decided to get this new game posted early.  I think you'll have as much fun with it as you did with the Chick Flicks one.  I decided to feature Eva Marie Saint because she just celebrated her 100th birthday, but she only has 51 movies so I paired her with Robert Redford whose list is 48 movies.  So here's a new one for you to play, but remember as always.....

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS, ANY MOVIE OR ACTOR NAMES, IMAGES, MOVIE QUOTES OR EVEN A HINT IN A COMMENT HERE, OR YOU WILL RUIN THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE.    POST YOUR ANSWERS IN A PRIVATE NOTE TO ME, BUZZ OF THE ORIENT, AND I WILL REPLY WITH YOUR SCORE AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS.

This game will be closed in one week, on July 15th at about 10 p.m. New York Time.

HAPPY CENTENNIAL BIRTHDAY EVA

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    4 days ago

Cool, new game to play.

2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Snuffy @2    4 days ago

Enjoy!!!

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    4 days ago

starting to think about the clues

3.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  charger 383 @3    4 days ago

You shouldn't have to think too hard for a lot of them - they virtually SHOUT the movie title at you.

4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 days ago

Looks like a lot of fun!

Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 days ago

I believe so.

Dig
Professor Participates
5  Dig    3 days ago

Submitted.

5.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dig @5    3 days ago

Received and scored, thanks.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6  Snuffy    3 days ago

Last two to figure out, so far a lot of fun!!

6.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Snuffy @6    2 days ago

Waiting patiently.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    2 days ago

[removed][]

6.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 days ago

I have lost the ability to delete or amend comments other than my own, so will you please delete the actor's name that you posted and read again THIS that is posted at the top of the quiz and in the first comment.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS, ANY MOVIE OR ACTOR NAMES, IMAGES, MOVIE QUOTES OR EVEN A HINT IN A COMMENT HERE, OR YOU WILL RUIN THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE.    POST YOUR ANSWERS IN A PRIVATE NOTE TO ME, BUZZ OF THE ORIENT, AND I WILL REPLY WITH YOUR SCORE AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.2    2 days ago

I'm afraid it's too late.

6.1.4  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    2 days ago

Yes, I guess so.  Thanks to charger 383 for his quick action on that.  I need to explain why it was important to not mention an actor's name, even if the actor is not one of the one(s) that is/are the topic of the game.  If such an actor's name, or any of the items I've requested to NOT be mentioned be mentioned, it would force me to waste my time researching EVERY MOVIE that actor was in to be sure that one of the subject actors (in this case Saint or Redford) are not in one of that actor's movies, and it is not one of the ones in the game, because that would be a hint to other players.  If a movie, or a quote from a movie, or even a hint about a movie is mentioned, I then have to be concerned that it is not a movie that is on the game.  I'm asleep when most here are awake, and such a hint could be up for many hours before I could get to it.

It is unfortunate that two players, one being a really knowledgeable player who I particularly enjoyed carryng on dialogues about movies with who was so angry about the rule he quit posting on NT altogether, and the other one unfairly continues to bear a grudge  with me over it, both selfishly refusing to accept my explanation for that basic rule.  I ask again, is there a game or a quiz that does NOT have rules?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.4    2 days ago

Yes, rules are rules.

6.1.6  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    2 days ago

And hints are hints.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.7  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.5    2 days ago

Were you trying to give a hint to clue #27? Shame on you!!!

(yeah, it's a shame cuz I could have used that help, I'm stuck on that clue).  hehe

Oh yeah, shameless bump.

6.1.8  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.7    yesterday

If you're having trouble guessing the answers for the questions in the 20s, you're never be able to answer the questions in the 30s.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.9  Snuffy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.8    18 hours ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

6.1.10  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.9    17 hours ago

Snuffy
Professor Participates
7  Snuffy    14 hours ago

Submitted

7.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Snuffy @7    8 hours ago

Received and scored, with thanks.