Damned Tough Movie Quiz
Damned Tough Movie Quiz
Although I posted this on the Everyone Loves Movies group, only a few members took a shot at it. It's hard, and even committed movie-goers couldn't answer more than 5 or 6 of these questions. As it is the last really hard quiz I will post, I thought I would see if there are any other movie mavens who will give it a shot.
This quiz will separate the true movie aficionados from the run-of-the-mill weekend movie watchers. As before, UNLESS YOU CAN SEND ME A PRIVATE NOTE WITH YOUR ANSWERS, PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS UNTIL THURSDAY, AND I WILL POST THE ANSWERS ON FRIDAY. I don't think this quiz will have ambiguous possibilities, as the image quiz did. So if you are a true movie aficionado, give this quiz a try. I realize that it is detail-oriented, but if you have seen the movies, you at least have a chance.
1. What did Julio (Glen Ford) have to do to cause a signal to be sent to the allied bombers indicating where the Nazi tank force was hiding in the movie The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
2. What was the significance of the parking ticket in the movie Lincoln Lawyer?
3. What kind of car was the getaway car for Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) and Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou) when they escaped from the Louvre in the movie The DaVinci Code?
4. Why did Nick Parsons / Jonathan Devereaux (Bruce Greenwood) say “My cufflinks cost more than that” in the movie Double Jeopardy?
5. How many times did Judah Ben Hur (Charleton Heston) win the chariot races in Rome, in the movie Ben Hur?
6. Where did defecting Red October Executive Officer Vasily Borodin (Sam Neill) want to have a ranch in America, in the movie Hunt for Red October?
7. What did the Jews do to cause the Angel of Death to pass over (Passover) their homes so their children would not die in the 1956 movie The Ten Commandments?
8. How does Chance the Gardener (Peter Sellers) try to get rid of the gang that confronted him in the movie Being There?
9. In the movie Fargo, what was Marge’s husband’s accomplishment?
10. The picture of what porn star appears on a box of soap flakes that bears a statement of purity?
11. How did Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) regain the trust of the Na’vi in the movie Avatar?
12. In the movie Remember the Titans, who told Julius (Wood Harris) that the team showed the best defence he’d seen for 20 years, and to tell the coach he was doing a great job?
13. In the movie Cast Away, what item did Chuck Noland (Tom Hanks) find among the Fedex packages to chop open coconuts on the deserted island?
14. In what was Joe Fox’s (Tom Hanks’) father living in the movie You’ve Got Mail?
15. Where did Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood) take Thao (Bee Vang) in the movie Gran Torino to teach him how to use language like a macho man?
16. In the movie Soylent Green, how was the beef Frank Thorn (Charleton Heston) stole and gave to Sol Roth (Edward G. Robinson) prepared for eating?
17. As Hawkeye (Donald Sutherland) and Trapper (Elliott Gould) in the movie M*A*S*H are leaving the site, what sport do they appear to be prepared to play?
18. In the movie Ocean’s 12, who delivered the cheque paying back Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia) for the money stolen from his casino?(Either real name or screen name is a correct answer)
19. To whom in the movie Shakespeare in Love did Queen Elizabeth tell that his betrothed had been "plucked"? (Either real name or screen name will be correct answer). This question has been changed to be more specific.
20. And now the killer question. What mistake was made with a religious item in the movie Shine, which starred Geoffrey Rush as the pianist David Helfgott?