A STILL EASIER NEW MOVIE QUIZ
By: Buzz of the Orient
A STILL EASIER NEW MOVIE QUIZ
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS IN A COMMENT, OR YOU WILL RUIN THE QUIZ FOR EVERYONE ELSE. POST THEM IN A PRIVATE NOTE TO ME, BUZZ OF THE ORIENT, AND I WILL REPLY WITH YOUR SCORE AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS.
Five members tried the last one, so since this one is easier, maybe more will get "infected" by the movie bug.
Please remember that I am on the other side of the world (of most of you) so I could be asleep when you send your answers, so be patient - I will get to your PN as soon as I can.
Now that we've made that clear, here are the questions. Either actual names of actors, or their screen names in the movies are acceptable. There are a few hard questions (there has to be SOME challenge) and some easy ones, and most of the questions are drawn from movies released during the last 30 years, and as well most are from fairly popular movies. These are supposed to be a test of your memory of the movies, and using an internet site to find your answers is cheating, and no test of your movie knowledge. I've posted questions that are not easily answered by searching the internet anyway. Please number your answers with the same numbers as the questions. Now, give it a try......
1. Name the song and performers who woke up Phil (Bill Murray) at 6 a.m. every morning in Groundhog Day.
2. In Pretty Woman, what did Edward Lewis (Richard Gere) ask the hotel manager (Hector Elizondo) to return?
3. What musical instrument did Stobrod Thewes (Brendon Gleeson), the father of Ruby Thewes (Renee Zellweger) play in the movie Cold Mountain.
4. In the movie A Beautiful Mind, what did the Princeton staff place on the table in front of John Nash (Russell Crowe) to show their respect?
5. What was the McGuffin in the James Cameron directed movie Titanic?
6. What two things did Oscar Schindler (Liam Neeson) say near the end of the movie Schindler's List he could have sold to buy the life of more Jews.
7. In The King's Speech, what did Lionel Logue (Geoffrey Rush) tell King George VI (Colin Firth) that he had "flubbed" during his war speech?
8. How much did Dana (Anna Kendrick) say she won on a nickel slot machine in the movie The Accountant?
9. What kind of car did lawyer Mick Halley (Matthew McConaughey) drive in the movie The Lincoln Lawyer?
10. In the movie Wild Hogs, what did Damien Blade (Peter Fonda) tell the 4 "wild hogs" to lose?
11. What airline did Raymond Babbit (Dustin Hoffman) say in the movie Rain Man had never had a crash?
12. In the movie Sully, what did the hotel manager tell Sully (Tom Hanks) she would give him if she could?
13. In The Godfather, Part III, how was the Pope killed?
14. What actor was the sleezy lawyer for Max Cady (Robert DiNiro) in the 1991 remake of Cape Fear?
15. In the movie Cast Away, what was the picture on the parcel Chuck Noland (Tom Hanks) finally delivered? The same picture was on the sign for the ranch and on the back of the truck that stopped to give him directions.
16. What did Tilly Dunnage (Kate Winslet) do to the town when she left it at the end of the movie The Dressmaker?
17. What did Maggie Fitzgerald (Hillary Swank) give to her mother in the movie Million Dollar Baby?
18. In the remade movie The Great Gatsby, when Nick Carraway (Toby McGuire) first met Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) what did Gatsby invite Carraway to ride on with him the next morning?
19. What school did Sara (Julia Stiles) want to go to in the movie Save the Last Dance?
20. In the movie The Mask of Zorro, the symbol of what country was embossed on the gold bars?
Who is online