╌>

Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Category:  Other

Via:  feddy  •  12 years ago  •  63 comments

Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Hi everybody! I just wanted to introduce myself, and try my hand at writing my first article here. You can call me whatever you want. I've been called it all. lol But mostly I get called Fed Up.

Let's see. Where to start? Well I'm a 32 year old female living in Missouri with my husband, and two children. I also have fur kids. Two cats, and two dogs. I'm an animal lover from way back. I also love to read and swim.

Some of you probably know me from the Vine. I have the same name over yonder. I've came here looking for a safe haven of sorts. So far I really like everything here. I absolutely love that it's a smaller community. I'm also digging the chat feature.

I'm not sure what else to say. If you have any questions please just ask me. I'm a pretty open person. I love to make new friends so please don't be shy. See you around. Grin.gif

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Feddy
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Feddy    12 years ago

Hi Mike. Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure where Raytown is, but since it's in Missouri it has to be a nice place. Grin.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Ok. No wonder I've never heard of it. I've never been up that way. Yeah we sure have a lot of celebrities come from here. I guess we know how to grow 'em. lol

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    12 years ago

Hi Fed Up!

Glad you wrote this nice intro.

Well let's see. I am a New Yawker. I am the mom of identical twin girls who will be going off to college in Aug. I also love animals. I have a kitty named Wally and twoparakeets. I used to have a guinea pig just like the one in your picture named Hampton. He was really cool.

I was inMissouri for the first time last fall, when my daughters went to check out Wash U. St. Louis was very nice.

I am also the groups RA or Resident Adviser. I field all problems, and complaints and handle meta issues here. This group works differently than other groups. Here the community decides on everything, but it's my job along with my assistant RA, A. Mac and our moderators (you can see who they are now on the front page), that community standards are met in the main group.

I hope that you feel comfortable, and if you need anything or have any questions, I am at your service.

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Identical twin girls! I bet that was exciting! Are you sad that they'll be going off to college? I used to have two guinea pigs that looked like my avatar too. lol

I'm glad you liked Missouri. It is a very pretty state. Although I might be biased a bit. lol

Thank you for explaining how the community works. I don't currently have any questions, but that can always change. lol Thank you for letting me into your community. Grin.gif

Queenie of the Castle
Freshman Silent
link   Queenie of the Castle    12 years ago
Hi Fed Up! I've seen you on the Vine, but I don't think we've ever posted much! I've got the same moniker and avatar there as I do here! I'm new to this place, too, but I"m trying hard to figure it out!

wmolaw
Professor Silent
link   wmolaw    12 years ago

Hey Fed Up, welcome. I rarely visit the Vine nowadays, but am wmolaw there as well.

Look forward to your contributions and discussions.

leonahardware
Freshman Silent
link   leonahardware    12 years ago

3.gif Good Morning Fed Up! With your indulgence I'm going to introduce myself to the crowd in your article

Hi all! I'm Leona from Oregon. I work full time at a hardware store and have been there for over 17 years. I'm also a full time student. I have three beautiful children and 5 even more beautiful grandchildren. My politics are pretty varied. I lean towards Libertarian, but have some traits of both Republican and Democrat. I don't like being told what to do. For me, 'no' is never really 'no'. It's a 'yes' waiting to happen. 3.gif

For fun, I read historical books. Right now, I'm working on a series of articles leading up to Queen Emma, from the 10th and 11th century. She fascinates me because she was crowned queen twice and gave birth to two kings fathered by two different kings, and was the great aunt of William the Conqueror. She must have been very ambitious!

I'm totally loving this sight. The people here seemreally accepting of others differences without compromising their own beliefs. That is important!

Have a Great Day!

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Hi Queenie! Yes I've seen you around the Vine too. I'm still trying to figure everything out too. But I'm learning a lot. I'm going to send you a FR. I hope you'll accept. Grin.gif

Queenie of the Castle
Freshman Silent
link   Queenie of the Castle    12 years ago
Fed Up, I would be honored to accept! Thanks!If things keep going the way they are going, this site is going to be inundated with new members.

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Hi wmolaw! It's nice to meet you. Thank you for the warm welcome. Smile.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

That's a great introduction leona! Thank you so much for stopping by. Hopefully we'll get some more visitors. Grin.gif

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   Larry Crehore    12 years ago

Welcome Fed Up, My name on the vine was the same as my name here. I say was as I closed down all vine accounts today. I lived a number of years during my childhood at Ft. Leonard Wood, even spent a year in Lebanon. Attended middle school at Waynesville, MO, before my dads retirement and relocation back to Colorado.

I think you're going to enjoy NT they are a good bunch. I know we're going to enjoy having you as a member!!

Feddy
Freshman Silent

I think that would be wonderful! Grin.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Thanks for the warm welcome Larry! It's really nice to meet you. I'm so glad you're familiar with Missouri. I'm familiar with the parts you lived too. I'm already enjoying myself here, and I'm glad to make new friends. Grin.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

My pleasure! No need for thanks.

Yup, the girls will be leaving for college on the 29th. I'll take a moment and shamelessly brag that they got into Johns Hopkins pre-med program. But it was a very close toss up with Wash U. Distance was a factor, and we wouldn't see them as often, and so Charm City is was.

And it's fine to be biased about one's home state! I love New York...and London where I spent half of my life.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Lenora,

Nice intro! I love your " I don't like being told what to do. For me, 'no' is never really 'no'. It's a 'yes' waiting to happen. " It sounds a lot like me!

I love history, too.

The people here get that we are a community and not just a combat zone. That doesn't mean that it doesn't happen from time to time, but that is where I or the moderators step. We remind them of the community standards. Usually that works.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

That was well put Feronia!

Feronia is always a good kitty! She's a crack up, too!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Randy,

You are a lovable liberal. Even to a fence sitter like me.

chelli
Freshman Silent
link   chelli    12 years ago

Hi Fed UP!!

You know me, but for those who don't...

Hi! I too am from NV, and I recognize many of the people here already. I live in Iowa, and am in the process of building a new house. My husband, my dog Bear, and me are it. Last year I gave up on the whole teaching thing and decided to start my own business renting spot coolers. I like to read and learn about a lot of different things, so I'm looking forward to getting into all of the different areas on NT. I used to love to talk politics, perhaps this will be a nice place to start up againSmile.gif . I'm excited to get to know everyone!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Hey Chelli,

I never knew you were a teacher. Me too! Good for you and your new business. Great idea!

Most of our membership behave in political discussion. If they don't it's mine and the mods job to make sure that they get back on track. The community standards are strong here, and it goes a long way to prevent them in the first place, other than old friends who just enjoy throwing mud at each other... and then we don't care. Bruce and I have made it anOlympicsport already, LOL!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    12 years ago

Hi QotC . Since you are new here I will send you a copy of the email I've been sending to the newcomers to NT .It describes the basics of how to publish here . Welcome to NT and we all hope to see your articles on our front page .

BTW , if anyone else would like a copy of that email just let me know . I see that Neale Osborn has already published without any special assistance . If he can do it , so can you ... maybe ?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Hello again Fed up ,

I'm glad to see you published so quickly . Thanks for jumping into the pool and I hope you like the water ...Smile.gif

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Hi chelli and welcome to NT . If your dog is available I have some home repairs for him to do .3.gif

chelli
Freshman Silent

Perrie,

I would expect nothing less than a well moderated site from you :) I can imagine that everyone gets to know each other pretty well around here. That always helps keep the respect-o-meter pretty high.

chelli
Freshman Silent

Hi Rich! Thanks for the welcome :)

I don't know if you want my dog repairing anything for you--he's 17 (almost), can't see or hear very good, and pretty much does what he wants anymore...However, I can loan you 1 husband. LOL. He's pretty handy, too!

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro    12 years ago

We prefer not to moderate if at all possible though, lol.

Me, I'm just in it for the free cupcakes (vegan please)...oh, and the beer exchanges.

Pedro
Professor Participates

Also, Randy was RDon, and RDS on the vine at different times, and co-admin of our Pastafarian group there (mostly inactive except for Krish these days).

Pedro
Professor Participates

As I recall, you also like to cook from time to time. :)

Pedro
Professor Participates

My mother also has a dog named Bear. Gigantic Black Lab.

Feddy
Freshman Silent

I'm so happy for you! Johns Hopkins pre-med! That's something to be proud about. Grin.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Hello RGS! I'm glad I published so quickly too. You're quite welcome, and I love the water! Grin.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Hi D'Wayne. Thanks for stopping by. Grin.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Hi Feronia! I like your name and avatar by the way. I'm not really sure what I am politically. My Dad is a Republican so I always thought I was too, but the older I get the more unsure I am. lol And it doesn't help that I don't keep up with politics, or the terminology. Thank you so much for the welcome. Grin.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Hi Randy! It's very nice to meet you. I'm sure you're a fine liberal. Smile.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

That is because Krish is a true Pastafarian!

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Yes I know you chelli, but it's still always great to see you! Grin.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

I try Chelli. A big part of this working, is the membership, who have enjoyed the community spirit. Another big think is that we have wonderful moderators, who have a vestedinterest, since they are also members. Also, the site was founded on the idea of total transparency. That means the membership makes the calls on any major change here, not some guy behind a curtain.

Things are not always perfect, but we all work hard topreservewhat we all created here.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

chelli ,

I'm a little disappointed . Here I thought I would be able to witness a handyman dog ... perhaps the world's first .

Feddy
Freshman Silent

That would be quite a thing to witness! lol

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Heck, I'd like to see that!

Soovivers
Freshman Silent
link   Soovivers    12 years ago

Hi Fed - good to see you here as well as 'there'.Smile.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Thanks for the warm welcome Soovivers! I really appreciate it. It's good to see you too. Grin.gif

Kara Shalee
Freshman Silent
link   Kara Shalee    12 years ago

Hi Fed, That was a really nice intro piece. You are such a nice a friendly person, don't know what I'd do without you. Of course, without you and Perrie, plus some help from Soo, I wouldn't be on here at all...lol.

So, I feel safer here, so somethings about myself. I was born in Ireland and had to go into an orphanage there although I wasn't actually an orphan. Wrote about that recently in a NV article. Then was adopted by a nice couple in California, and I have a nice sister who takes care of our Mom, who is 92 and counting.

I can't get out a lot, but I do my best to enjoy life anyways. NT will be a definate help on that. This is full of friendly people and seems to be a no troll zone.

Where do you swim at, Fed? Pool, River, or Lake? Cause if you have an ocean there in MO, then we just had one huge earthquake here in CA, and I'm a ghostie!! LOL........knock on wood we all have better weather for the rest of summer. take care Fed, Kara.

Feddy
Freshman Silent

Thanks Kara. I'm glad you came by. I went swimming in the river. It was nice, but I was a little disappointed. Because we haven't had much rain the river was really down. So I had trouble finding a spot to swim that was deep enough. But the water still felt wonderful so I can't complain. Grin.gif Thanks for telling us about yourself too Kara. Grin.gif

chelli
Freshman Silent

Yes I do! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. I'm having an adjustment period with the tracking of conversations...plus life's drama is getting in the way this week.

chelli
Freshman Silent

I think it's great Perrie. I hope everyone is patient with me, while I get used to this allGrin.gif

chelli
Freshman Silent

My Bear is an eleven pound pomeranian--17 yrs old this week. He used to weigh a whopping 19 lbs...old age is a biatch. Anyone want to come to his birthday party? LOL.36.gif

chelli
Freshman Silent

Here I thought I would be able to witness a handyman dog ... perhaps the world's first .

Well, he's pretty handy at watering things that you don't want watered...LOL. Sorry for the disappointment.

chelli
Freshman Silent

Kara!!! I'm glad you are here too!

Ben
Freshman Silent
link   Ben    12 years ago

You can call me whatever you want.

Well hello WhateverYouWant and welcome! You might know me by USAF Vet on Newvine, but I haven't posted much over there in the last couple of years. Here, you can just call me by my given name of "Ben."

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Yeah Ben... Where have you been, my old friend? We'd all love to see your veryreasonablemind here.

Ben
Freshman Silent

Been spending time questioning if itreasonableto bereasonablein such times as these. Then again, being unreasonable about being reasonablewhenunreasonableis how it should be, might make me more like all the unreasonable folks who need to be reasonable. Sound reasonable?24.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

LMAO! Fairly reasonable to my addled brain. But is it reasonable to expect to deal with the unreasonable, others wise we are being unreasonable in our expectations. Sounds reasonable?

Ben
Freshman Silent

Nope....sounds expectant.....LOLGrin.gif

Feddy
Freshman Silent

lol Hi Ben! It's very nice to meet you. I'm not sure, but I think I may have heard of you on the Vine too. Grin.gif

Kara Shalee
Freshman Silent

Ah, yeah, Ben, it sounds perfectly reasonable to me..........lols!!

Kara Shalee
Freshman Silent

Hi Perrie, I'm so happy that your twins got into the John Hopkins pre-medical program. Wow, what a lot of hard work that you went to getting them there I'll betcha. To say nothing of theirs of course!!

Hope you will keep us updated, Perrie.

PS I LOVE your site. My eyes bother me, so I don't get over here as often as I'd like. I have a lot of emails to respond to. Everyone is so very nice here. Starting with you. Thanks again for starting this site, luv ya, Kara

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Thanks Fed, Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I missed the comment. Bad Perrie, Bad!

I am very proud of them. They worked very hard to get there.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Hi Kara,

I have to say, that I really didn't do anything but provide them with love. They did it all on their own. Now let's see if they can keep up with the rigors of being there!

I am so happy that you are here and happy. It's so nice to have old friends like you come here. That was the only thing that made me sad about leaving the other place.

Luv ya back, Kara!

Kara Shalee
Freshman Silent

I have to agree with you, Perrie. I'm too sad to leave the other place entirely yet. I have made so many wonderful friends there. I hope that the nice ones will make their way to your site as well. But just the nice ones............lol!!!

Some people over on the other site have turned mean. Maybe because it's gotten rather big? I really don't know. And, I don't want to trash the other site either. It's been good to me.

But, you are even better to me. Not walking on eggshells all the time does work very well for me!!

I see a lot of friendly faces here, so not a single troll. Don't know how you do it, but you do. Maybe it's that key word you just used re your girls. LOVE. If we apply that wherever we are, we generally have better results.

chelli
Freshman Silent

Ben!!!!6.gif

I am sooo happy to see you! It's been way too long. I hope all is well with you.

You really made a deep impact on me on NV, and I hope to be able to reaquaint ourselves here :)

Rachel1
Freshman Silent
link   Rachel1    12 years ago

Hey!! I know you! Smile.gif