╌>

What would you do??

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  13 comments

What would you do??

You are an emergency worker that has just been called to the scene of an accident. When you arrive you see that the car belongs to your wife. Fearing the worst you rush over to see she is trapped in her car with another man.

She sees you and although barely conscious, she manages to mouth the words Im sorry

You dont understand, but her look answers you question. The man next to her is her lover with whom shes been having an affair.

You reel back in shock, devastated by what her eyes have just told you. As you step back, the wreck in front of you comes into focus. You see your wife is seriously hurt and she needs attention straight away. Even if she gets attention theres a very high chance shell die.

You look at the seat next to her and see her lover. Hes bleeding heavily from a wound to the neck and you need to stem the flow of blood immediately. It will only take about 5 minutes to stop, but it will mean your wife will definitely die.

If you tend to your wife however, the man will bleed to death despite the fact it could have been avoided.

Who would you choose to work on?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    9 years ago
I dont know how to answer this, but EMT training should cover how to decide which victim to help when helping one would mean another dies. of course, human emotions come into play here and hurt, anger, and disbelief will probably dictate actions. It may end up that they both die because he is unable to take in the situation.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

I'd work on whoever sent only one emergency worker to that scene.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

It may end up that they both die because he is unable to take in the situation. That was my first thought.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    9 years ago
Lol!

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL Bad Buzz!

Nona62
Professor Silent

I think I would call for some help!!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

See Starbucks is open a few feet away, and there's a 2-for-1 latte sale ...24.gif 24.gif 24.gif 24.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

Oh so he would go get them both a latte so they could die pleasantly?

Nona62
Professor Silent

umm....I don't think so!

One Miscreant
Professor Silent
link   One Miscreant    9 years ago

If the five minutes you would spend on the male means the wife would die, it would also stand to reason that five minutes spent "un-trapping' her would also end in her death. Training andtriage protocol would dictate the male be attended to first. His chance of survival would be greater.

However, he must be informed that when he gets out of the hospital, he is first in line for a serious ass whuppin', which might also kill him. This brings it back to a coin flip on who to treat first.

Head or tail? Pun intended...

Nona62
Professor Silent

Grin.gif Grin.gif Grin.gif