╌>

My, How Times and Entertainment Have Changed!

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  10 comments

My, How Times and Entertainment Have Changed!

As children, our types of entertainment were things such as....

Wiffle Ball

Pez Dispensers

Pogo Sticks

Barbie Dolls

Hula Hoops

Frisbees

Play Doh

We more than likely felt as though we just couldn't live without these things.

As adults,what are some of the things you feel that you just  couldn't live without?

I wonder how long the lists will be!!!!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

As an adult, I feel as though it would be difficult to do without my car, micro wave, and my computer....

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Nona62   9 years ago

My dogs and computer. Of course Red is right up there at the top of the list.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Kavika   9 years ago

lol     Good thing you remembered to add Red!!!  close call

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

I couldn't live without dogs. Back then and now.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Randy   9 years ago

I know what you mean, I feel he same  way....

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Nona62   9 years ago

Of course I am completely shameless in how much I spoil my dogs. I swear there is a pre-born puppy lottery being run somewhere to see who get's to be adopted by me and live the life of luxury. They have their own beds, but I don't know why, since all three of them sleep with me and each gets a third of a hot dog as a treat every morning. Pathetic.Happy

All things considered, I'd give up my computer before I'd give up being owned by dogs.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Randy   9 years ago

Our fur babies are loyal, love us unconditionally.....always......

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    9 years ago

In my life I've found there are a lot of things I can live without which doesn't mean I've always been satisfied with it that way. 

I love animals of all kinds.  I think they are the most innocent creatures to walk this earth.  I love cats and dogs.  I even love the squirrels out my back door.  I have one that meets me quite often to receive his helping of walnuts I buy from Sam's Club for him.  He eats more than I do, but the one thing I love the most is music. 

I would not want to be without my ability to hear music.  I know one day I will not be able to play it, but I pray I will always be able to hear it at least.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  sixpick   9 years ago

Never give up doing what you love doing!  NEVER SAY NEVER!!    Remember, that music soothes the savage beast!Wink

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

Nona, your article made me think back and compare what young kids had for entertainment in the 1940s and what kids have these days.  I know I had my radio, marbles, a Meccano set, a viewmaster, a Brownie camera, and I guess anything else I could improvise and/or make for myself like an orange crate scooter.  These days, what kids have for entertainment is too long a list to even contemplate.