╌>

JEWISH LEADERS: COMPARING TRUMP TO HITLER IS ‘DEEPLY OFFENSIVE’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  dean-moriarty  •  8 years ago  •  50 comments

http://www.infowars.com/jewish-leaders-comparing-trump-to-hitler-is-deeply-offensive/

Jewish Leaders: Comparing Trump To Hitler Is ‘Deeply Offensive'

Prominent Jewish leaders have spoken out against ignorant comparisons being made between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler, calling them “deeply offensive”.

In what has quickly become a trend, everyone from  NBA players , to  Glenn Beck  to the  President of Mexico  and the  communist Chinese state media  is saying that Donald Trump is “like Hitler.”

At the extreme end of the scale, many people are taking to social media to declare that Trump is LITERALLY Hitler.

Comedian Louis CK was one such person, recently  writing a 1400-word letter  to fans which stated “It was funny for a little while [but] the guy is Hitler.”

Now Jewish leaders are speaking out against the trend, declaring it to be “deeply offensive”.

Dr Dvir Abramovich, Chairman of the Australian arm of the B’nai B’rith Anti-Defamation Commission (ADC), the longest running Jewish service organization in the world,  told reporters “once again we see celebrities using appalling comparisons to Hitler to attack others”.

“There is simply no place for this kind of sickening distortion in our public discourse,” Abramovich urged.

“Hitler and his genocidal actions should never form part of the discussion about the American presidential elections and no candidate should ever be compared to Hitler”, Dr Abramovich added.

Abramovich declared that the millions of victims of mass genocide during the holocaust “deserve better and should not be used for political point sloganeering”.

“It bears repeating again that these types of historically inaccurate comparisons diminish the profound tragedy of the Holocaust and are deeply offensive to the victims, to survivors and to their families,” he said, adding that “Such ignorant posts only fuel the gross trivialisation of the Holocaust.”

The Director of another prominent Jewish group, the Australia-Israel and Jewish Affairs Council (AIJAC), also weighed in, noting “generally we find it very unhelpful when people make these sorts of historical comparisons”.

“One, it doesn’t help people understand the contemporary phenomenon, and two, the historical circumstances [of the Holocaust] had particular and unique features which tend to be brushed under the surface [when such comparisons are made],” he said.

Peter Wertheim, Executive Director of the Executive Council of Australian Jewry (ECAJ), declined to comment on the politics of another country but pointed to the ECAJ’s policy platform, which references “inappropriate Holocaust rhetoric”.

The Executive Council of Australian Jewry (ECAJ) also issued a statement which read “the Holocaust is generally recognised as the benchmark of the most extreme case of human evil” and that the group “deplores the inappropriate use of analogies to the Nazi Genocide in public debate”.

Australian MP Josh Frydenberg also weighed in on the issue, stating “Donald Trump has his detractors, and many for good reason, but to compare him with the evil Adolf Hitler responsible as he was for the deaths of millions of innocents is ridiculous in the extreme.”

“It diminishes the Holocaust and a shameful chapter in the history of the world.” Frydenberg noted.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

Shows how out of touch the Trump haters are. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P    8 years ago

To compare anyone to Hitler is a red flag.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

Dean,

In all fairness, I don't think that these comparisons are hyperbolic, especially given that Trump's daughter i and son in law are Jewish. But equally hyperbolic are some of his statements that have made people draw these comparisons. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

What statement, Perrie?

Let's take the absolute worst thing he said.

You pick, and we'll discuss.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jonathan P   8 years ago

Let's start with this:

Trump told  Yahoo News  that he would consider requiring Muslim-Americans to register with a government database, or worse, mandating that they carry special identification cards that note their faith.

Humm... kind of feels like this:

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

The question is, in the United States, how would it even be possible?  The Supreme Court would never uphold the law, not that it would make it through congress.  Campaign rhetoric vs. what happened in Germany 80+ years ago

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Perrie,

That is a horrendous statement that he made. That is unassailably Nazi-like. He did say it, but it is completely unenforceable, thanks to our judicial system, as Spikegary outlined.

I'll take a push on that.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Gary,

I agree that in the US, hopefully that is unenforceable.. but the fact that he said it, is my point. He is appealing to base emotions and that one is an ugly one. 

Jon,

Fair enough. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

Similar to calling anyone anti-Obama in the last two elections for President a racist because they don't like him?  Please, the American Politician has been playing to the base for several rounds of elections now. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Rhetoric from past elections?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Jonathan,

Not saying that it didn't happen before... although I have to say none of the ones presented in your article are as bad as the quote I gave. You asked for a quote and I gave you one. I do have a problem with a guy who would say that, and so should you.

I realize that this puts Republicans between a rock and a hard place. If they go to a brokered convention, which I think many are inclined to do, the party will probably fracture. On the other hand, I never thought I would live to see the day when a Trump could win over a Kasich or Cruz, but there you have it. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Gary,

That is a false comparison. Obama didn't make any comments that could be deemed "Nazi Like". Trump did. That is the accurate comparison. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

The Supreme Court would never uphold the law, not that it would make it through congress.

If he were to win (he's not going to) and got to pick a few Supreme Court Justices and the GOP holds on to the House and Senate, then yes it could happen here and likely would.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

When someone says, Trump is like Hitler, right away many people go to "he wants to commit genocide and kill mass numbers of people who belong to groups that he hates."

The shorthand for Hitler in the popular imagination is "mass murder".

But Trump could be like Hitler without advocating mass murder. 

Hitler rose to power by appealing to nationalism, particularly from the Germans that he portrayed as having been "betrayed" by the German establishment at the time. He scapegoated groups that could be considered "outsiders". He wanted to control the way the was portrayed in the news media, and eventually did. He decided that he and only he was capable of understanding the problems facing Germany and built a cult of personality and authority around himself. He solely directed Germany's foreign policy. He lied all the time about his opponents. Does all this sound like anyone we know now? 

I don't believe Trump is another Hitler, but it is worthy of a little thought at least. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I don't believe Trump is another Hitler, but it is worthy of a little thought at least.

Then of course Hitler wasn't the monster he became until after he was elected, though all of the signs he would be were there. All the signs are there now.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    8 years ago

It shows that they can't construct rational arguments. They appeal to emotion with false comparisons. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

Dean has taken to seeding from Infowars and other conspiracy and crackpot sites on a regular basis now. Maybe that says something about the direction of politics today. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    8 years ago

Who said the following?
1. “Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.”

2. "If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

3. “Who says I am not under the special protection of God?”

4. "Just look at the bill of fare served up in our movies ... and theaters, and you will hardly be able to deny that this is not the right kind of food."

5. “If you win, you need not have to explain ... If you lose, you should not be there to explain!”

6. “I do not see why man should not be as cruel as nature.” 

7. "The more economic difficulties increase, the more immigration will be seen as a burden."

8. "Great liars are also great magicians."

9. "I can fight only for something that I love, love only what I respect, and respect only what I at least know.”

10. "Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless."

11. "Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized."

12. "Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice."

13. "How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

Many more Americans are totally stupid than any of us realize. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

Would Donald Trump fans support Hitler?

I have no doubt that many, if not most would. In many ways they already are.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

The question asked in the video is not supported by the "experiment" .

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
160225_david_duke_AP_1160.jpg

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke speaks to supporters at a reception on May 29, 2004, in Kenner, Louisiana. | AP Photo

David Duke: Comparing Trump to Hitler is great for Hitler

03/17/16 02:57 PM EDT

David Duke believes that comparisons of Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler “might be rehabilitating that fellow with the mustache back there in Germany.”

“They might be rehabilitating that fellow with the mustache back there in Germany, because I saw a commercial against Donald Trump, a really vicious commercial,” the former leader of the Ku Klux Klan said on his radio show Tuesday, as first reported by  Right Wing Watch  on Wednesday.

The commercial, Duke said, compared “what Donald Trump said about preserving America and making America great again to Hitler in Germany preserving Germany and making Germany great again and free again and not beholden to these Communists on one side, politically who were trying to destroy their land and their freedom, and the Jewish capitalists on the other, who were ripping off the nation through the banking system.”

“We have the same thing going on here with Goldman Sachs,” Duke continued. "And it was a commercial, I saw that this morning and I was amazed by that commercial. It was a commercial against Trump but I don’t think it’s having the effect that they want it to have."

Duke has been praising Trump dating back to the summer, when he hailed his candidacy as a "great thing" and lauded Trump's calls to deport millions of immigrants and build a wall along the Mexican border. In February, Duke  told his listeners  that voting against Trump would be "treason to your heritage."

Shortly afterward, CNN’s Jake Tapper asked Trump whether he would denounce Duke and white supremacist groups like the KKK — and Trump avoided the question, saying he needed to do more research. He later  blamed  it on a faulty earpiece and disavowed Duke after being pilloried by fellow Republicans, including 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

Duke, however, has been undeterred.

“This war that’s going on against Donald Trump is really a war going on against America, it’s a war going on against the European-American majority,” he said this week, using a common euphemism white supremacists employ to describe Caucasians. “If you’re a European person, the government is purposefully wiping you out and your families and your children and your future. They are purposefully transforming this country into a Third World nation.”

POLITICO was unable to identify which commercial Duke was referencing.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  Dean Moriarty  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

I'll take what Duke says with a grain of salt. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

I'll take what Duke says with a grain of salt. 

As well you should; but Trump needs to denounce these types of "endorsements" lest he be considered compliant and accepting.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

If he were a politician, I'm sure he would, but he prides himself on not being a politician.  He's thumbs his nose at political correctness, which is something many Americans have been complaining about for years.  His response, by ignoring the ignorant could be just that, instead of silent acceptance.

Do I like him?  No. but trying to put him in a box that is designed for politicians will never work.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

If you're not paying attention, you're missing certain signs.

Oops: PBS Story on Trump Supporters Didn't Notice White Supremacist Tattoos

PBS Story on Trump Supporters Overlooks Their White Supremacist Tattoos
Grace Tilly

03/17/2016 AT 05:40 PM EDT

PBS NewsHour  on Wednesday night ran a story about a North Carolina family who has banded together to support  Donald Trump 's campaign. There was just one tiny detail PBS overlooked in its portrayal of the family's foray into politics – one member's white supremacist tattoos. 

In the feature Grace, one of the members of the Tilly family of Fayetteville, North Carolina, and a key character in the story, is shown phone banking for Trump. Plainly visible on her right hand is a large tattoo of a certain version of the Celtic Cross that the  Anti-Defamation League  describes as one of the most "commonly used white supremacist symbols." 

Mark Pitcavage, senior research fellow at the ADL, tells  Gawker : "The Celtic Cross is an ancient and revered Christian symbol typically not associated with extremism at all. However, one particular version of the Celtic Cross – a squarish cross with a thick circle intersecting with it (also known as Odin's Cross), has become one of the most popular white supremacist symbols around. In the past 20 years, its popularity has done little but grow, thanks to its use as the logo by Stormfront, the largest white supremacist website in the world." 

Oops: PBS Story on Trump Supporters Didn't Notice White Supremacist Tattoos| PBS, 2016 Presidential Elections, politics, Donald Trump

Grace Tilly

On Grace's left hand is a tattoo of the number 88, which according to the Anti-Defamation League is a white supremacist numerical code for "Heil Hitler." 
(H being the 8th Letter of the alphabet, HH = "Heil Hitler"

The GOP front-runner's call for supporters to take a raised-arm loyalty pledge at rallies earlier this month was criticized as too similar to a Nazi salute. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

A classic Trump supporter if ever there was one.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

If Trump truly did not want to be compared to a Hitler, ONE THING HE COULD EASILY DO, namely DECLARE AT A PRESS CONFERENCE …

DO NOT ATTEND ANY DONALD TRUMP EVENTS WITH AN EXPOSED WHITE SUPREMACIST/NAZI REGALIA, TATTOS, CLOTHING. BANNERS, ETC. .

FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EJECTION BY SECURITY PERSONNEL, OR DENIAL OF ADMITTANCE!

Anyone have a problem with that?

I anticipate First Amendment-based objections … but let Trump make the declaration and take the risk of offending the knuckle-dragger component of his support.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    8 years ago

I"ll tell ya all what the T Rump campaign is doing.

It is drawing a line down the middle of American politics. A bright red line. On the one side are those that wish to control the discussion and political environment and paradigm, and on the other side are those who don't.

This is illustrated in those who would wish to either shut T Rump up or dismiss him as a NAZI.

Who should control this great nation, those who wish an open discussion or those that wish to control the discussion and dismiss/disparage all others they disagree with.

Unfortunately, it is readily apparent to which side people flow, even on the board here.

Personally I feel real sad when I see those whom I consider good friends standing firmly on the side of controlling the debate and denigrating those in which they disagree with.

There was an article released the other day about how all the other people in the world are hating T Rump also, now we have an article how hypocritical those people are in the nation that is founded upon the right to freedom of expression and how all ideal have the right to the light. they wish to dispose of any thing they disagree with in the most vile terms imaginable.

Not everyone in the world sees it like those people do.

Just another example of how the ideals that founded this nation have been lost to political expediency and the desire to control others.

It is why George Washington detested politics, and spoke out at length against the formation of political parties.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Nowhere Man   8 years ago

This is illustrated in those who would wish to either shut T Rump up or dismiss him as a NAZI.

It's the Neo-Nazis who are supporting Trump! Them and the Klan and other White Supremacist groups. So how could those who object to him be Nazis, when the Nazis love him? Your argument makes no sense.

There was an article released the other day about how all the other people in the world are hating T Rump also, now we have an article how hypocritical those people are in the nation that is founded upon the right to freedom of expression and how all ideal have the right to the light. they wish to dispose of any thing they disagree with in the most vile terms imaginable.

Who has stopped his right to express himself? Just because people object to what he has to say doesn't mean free speech only applies to him.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   8 years ago

Donald Trump has retweeted something from white supremacists about a half dozen times. Does he not know what he is doing, or does he know what he is doing?

Late last year he retweeted a racially inflammatory and FALSE graph that alleged that 81% of white homicide victims are murdered by blacks. The true figure is about 15%.  Trump never even apologized for sending such a lie out under his own name. 

Trump was the king birther, which is also related to racism. 

Instead of all the flowery pronouncements about freedom of expression and so forth, why don't you educate yourself on the realities of Trump's behavior?