╌>

Cops shot him while he was lying down with hands up

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  8 years ago  •  18 comments

Cops shot him while he was lying down with hands up

The video shows a man lying in the street, holding his hands in the air.

Charles Kinsey said the footage, released by his attorney, shows the moment Monday when he tried to convince North Miami police not to harm his patient, a 23-year-old with autism who was sitting on the ground beside him.

"I was more worried about him than myself," Kinsey told  CNN affiliate WSVN-TV  in Miami.

"As long as I've got my hands up, they're not gonna shoot me, that's what I'm thinking," Kinsey said. "Wow, was I wrong."

Now Kinsey is hospitalized with a gunshot wound.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    8 years ago
A 911 call about an armed man threatening suicide drew officers to the scene just after 5 p.m. Monday, North Miami police Chief Gary Eugene told reporters.
"Our officers responded to the scene with that threat in mind. We had witness statements that there was a gun. We had a 911 call with that same information," Eugene said Thursday. "However, I want to make it clear, there was no gun recovered."
Kinsey told WSVN that his patient was holding a toy truck, not a firearm. He said he tried to explain the situation to officers, then asked his patient to be still and lie down.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    8 years ago

Shooting him with his arms up as he is on the ground is attempted murder.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Lying on the ground, hands up and trying to explain to the LEO's what was going on with an autistic man. He get's shot...WTF

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    8 years ago

They were shooting at the Autistic man, they say.

http://www.newser.com/story/228504/union-cop-who-shot-charles-kinsey-meant-to-shoot-autistic-man.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=earthlink&utm_campaign=rss_topnews

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Randy   8 years ago

Shooting at a autistic man with a toy truck...and he was using a rifle, not a handgun and still couldn't hit his target with three shots.

This is a complete cluster fuck from the git go.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

He missed him three times and shot the wrong man! He "accidentally" shot the Black man? If that's true it's the first time in a long time that a cop shot an unarmed Black man and it wasn't on purpose.

Bloody Bill
Freshman Silent
link   Bloody Bill  replied to  Randy   8 years ago

If they were indeed shooting at the autistic man armed with a toy truck, why did they handcuff their innocent victim and leave him lying in the street for 20 minutes?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Bloody Bill   8 years ago

Good question Bill.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

Where are the heroes from Miami Vice when we need them ?!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    8 years ago

This seems to be completely unjustified, unlike the majority of police shootings. I look forward to the results of the investigation.