╌>

Daily KOS: Clinton SuperPac Admits Paying Internet Trolls

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  community  •  8 years ago  •  15 comments

Daily KOS: Clinton SuperPac Admits Paying Internet Trolls

Couple quick things: first, there have been a number of diaries claiming to “have switched from Bernie to Hillary” lately, and some of them have been from recently created accounts with no record of pro-Sanders remarks or diaries. More such people have populated the comment sections of such diaries, and someone is reccing them despite what I judge to be their incredible lack of helpful information. That is just a fact, and my opinion about said fact. Second, if one wanted to make the case that there were a vast Clintonian conspiracy behind that rash of new accounts and diaries, this is certainly what one might consider corroborating evidence. Note the SuperPac has already spent $4.5 million on God knows what. So let's be honest this could have been already happenening, and now they believe they have more or less locked up the nomination and so are getting more belligerent/open about it. Third, note that Sanders-supporting diaries tend to still dominate the rec list day in, day out, and that Sanders has no Super Pac. We are on to your presumptive corporate shilling, in other words. Not that we can prove it. What I'm saying is that this is why I have donated so much money to Bernie, because he is a candidate whose message, strategy and tactics are all above board. I.e. What they appear to be. He has gotten this far without steroids. Paid or not, Clinton supporters are welcome aboard.

Citing “lessons learned from online engagement with ‘Bernie Bros,’” a pro-Hillary Clinton Super PAC is pledging to spend $1 million to “push back against” users on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and Instagram.

Correct the Record’s “Barrier Breakers” project boasts in a press release that it has already “addressed more than 5,000 people that have personally attacked Hillary Clinton on Twitter.” The PAC released this on Thursday.

The PAC was created in May of last year when it was spun off from the American Bridge SuperPAC, which is run by longtime Hillary and Bill Clinton supporter David Brock. Brock also founded the left-wing media watchdog website Media Matters for America.

Some Bernie Sanders-supporting users on Reddit already started to notice the changes on Thursday afternoon.

“This explains why my inbox turned to cancer on Tuesday,”  wrote user OKarizee . “Been a member of reddit for almost 4 years and never experienced anything like it. In fact, in all my years on the internet I’ve never experienced anything like it.”

Correct the Record, which has received $5 million this campaign season and has spent almost $4.5 million of it, according to  OpenSecrets.org , outlined its strategy against “swarms of anonymous attackers” in a press release.

Update: if you want a case in point, look at the diary smearing Dr. Jane Sanders that's on the Rec list, and then look at the date the diarist joined.

Update 2: I give you exhibit B Attack diary on Dr. Jane Sanders by a diarist who joined almost a week ago. Note that I can't PROVE this diarist is a paid troll, nor am I ACCUSING, simply pointing out what a clear pattern is occuring here.  www.dailykos.com/...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  96WS6    8 years ago

Wonder how much a couple of NT members are getting paid.  LMAO!!!

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  96WS6   8 years ago

She's got a whole army of them. The paid Bernie supporters found themselves unemployed and this is the only job they are qualified to do. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  96WS6   8 years ago

That's an excellent quetion. On the other hand, I think she can afford more competent trolls than the ones in evidence here.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Very true. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  96WS6   8 years ago

Good question.  Enquiring minds want to know.  applause

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    8 years ago

I would certainly hope some of the propaganda on this site are being paid for the propaganda they spread. I'd hate to think they are willing to disgrace themselves for free.  Hell, I'd hope they have an ownership interest in the left wing clickbait sites they relentlessly seed. It's scary to think there are some people who actually use those leftwing hate  sites as their news source. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

They probably pay a lower wage than Walmart. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

I seriously doubt it's $15.00 and hour LMAO!

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    8 years ago

Stop fucking calling Liberals The Left.  There is no Left in the mainstream american political circus.  Liberals to the Left are like White Bread to Whole Wheat. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Tex Stankley   8 years ago

Sorry, it's the Alt-Left.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Tex Stankley   8 years ago

He's got a point.  There is a difference between a real liberal and a secular progressive.  A recent debate between the liberal (Powers) and the progressive (Kohn) on CNN regarding free speech shows this.  It is possible to have civil dialogue with and reach bipartisan consensus with real liberals.  With progressives it is not.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    8 years ago

Gasp . . . Hillary is involved in deception? I bet the money is paid to Bill so he can entice interns with an easy way to earn money before explaining how they can earn even more under his desk.