╌>

Puppy Father

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  randy  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

Puppy Father

Many puppy fathers pay little attention to theier offspring, however several years ago my Shih-Tzu Sally had four puppies with my now late Shih-Tzu Harry and he was drop dead in love with them from the second they were born. As each was born he was licking and cleaning them more then Sally and snuggled with them and her, even giving her kisses.  Now you have to understand Harry never gave anyone kisses. In the more the 13 years we had him he did not give myself or my wife one single kiss. Not one. Anyway here are some shots of the devoted dad.

puppy father 1s.jpg

puppy father 2s.jpg

puppy father 3s.jpg

puppy father 4s.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

When we eventually sold the puppies, all to good families, two to good friends and two who were family Christmas presents, I think Sally breathed a sigh of relief because they were no longer around trying to nurse with their sharp little teeth, but it was incredibly obvious that Harry was heartbroken and stayed that way for weeks. He moped sadly around and didn't play or anything. Eventually he got over it, but it was heartbreaking to watch him and realize that even animals love and miss their children too.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing    7 years ago

A very touching story, Randy. Thank you for sharing it with us. There are many animal Fathers who love their babies as much as human Fathers. A good many people don't understand that kind of connection and think it is only the Mothers who are loving and caring about their little ones.

We had a male Siamese name Nakim, who would sit in for our female dog when she had her pups. He would wash them and cuddle them while they slept. And....he even taught them to use the litter box when they were old enough to walk. When the pups were old enough we found them good forever homes. Nakim really missed them babies, and would go back and check the room where the pups had been for days to see if they had come back. After a few weeks he finally decided that they were not coming back and didn't check any more. So, like humans, animals can love  children even if they are not their own.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

AWWWWW...  He loved his babies!!!  So sweet!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

Too cute !

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

I have learned over the last two years that dogs are people too.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    7 years ago

So adorable!!  That's a lot of hair going on there...hard to tell where one starts!  One big fluffy ball of love! Related image

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

No bad hair day there. 

Great photos and a really good story, Randy.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

Thanks! It is true that sometimes dogs make the best people and that when the puppies balled all up together with their dad or mom to sleep it really was hard to tell one from the other. It was just a round ball of puppy. Truth is it broke my heart to have to sell them too.