╌>

A Most Hearty and Sincere Welcome to All

Category:  meta

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

This article was first posted on the Newsvine Refugees group a few years back when the Newsvine system was changed, not to the liking of many of its members, and many of them emigrated to here.  It is being posted again as it is as relevant now as it was back then.

14295_discussions.jpg

A most hearty and sincere welcome to all NV refugees and other new members. Many of you have suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous Comcast and taken arms against the sea of troubles they imposed upon you and here you are, among many of your existing friends and new friends to be made. I learned years ago that to remain sane one should choose between fight and flight, and since we are not Davids against the corporate Goliath here, flight was the wiser choice.

Speaking as one of the original NewsTalkers on behalf of those of us who have been here from the beginning, we are extremely happy that you have chosen to join us on this " road less traveled" . Its okay to have vented your resentment of what has been done to you - its a healing process, but then it will be time to look around and learn what has been waiting for you here.

You probably know by now that you're able to personalize your home page in many ways, but what is important for you NOT to miss is to browse through the many groups by clicking on the GROUPS link on the opening page. You will discover various groups (not Nations) of different topics, surely including one, if not some, of your interests. Join as many as you wish, Youre NOT limited to 15, and you will find friends old and new on most every one. If none fit your interests, its easy to start a group of your own, although It would be better for everyone including yourself if you do not duplicate what another has done.

Scroll back in them to see what's there. I, for one, have been posting articles on the Classic Cinema group (which I orginally started on Newsvine) for nearly a year and a half [now in 2017, for a few years]. You have already taken the plunge. Now its time to swim.

I apologize for spamming this everywhere that I could, but I really wanted as many people as possible to see it.  [NewsTalkers Resident Advisor had posted a welcome article but it seems to have disappeared. I'm sure she will repost it in the morning.]

14296_discussions.jpg?width=750

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

As my hippie friends back in the 60s used to say: "Keep on truckin'"

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
link   Wheel  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

"Keep on Truckin' "

I know a woman who has this tattoo on her foot.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Wheel   7 years ago

You  mean like this, Wheel?

Keep_On_Truckin_cfdb4_450x450.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Have you checked out the groups yet?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
link   sandy-2021492    7 years ago

Thanks.  I'm one of the recently migrated NV refugees.  I hope to find the same sense of community here that we had there.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  sandy-2021492   7 years ago

Welcome.  There are excellent groups that share a sense of community, and they are of every stripe imaginable.

Sit down, stay a while and have fun!