╌>

Liuzhou, a not well travelled city in South Central China - a photo retrospective

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

Liuzhou, a not well travelled city in South Central China - a photo retrospective

Liuzhou, in Guanxi Autonomous Region, about half way between Yangshou and Nanning, is a smaller city, about 1,000,000 population, rarely visited by foreigners.  However, I found that there were things about that city that attracted me.  First of all, I do prefer to live in a city that does not take an hour or two to cross, besides its being generally uncrowded.  In the centre of the city is one of the most beautiful parks I've seen here. I was told the citizens had among themselves raised the money to beautify it.  But even more to my liking was the forest on the outskirts, which reminded me of the more wild forests back in Canada. 

1.  The gate into the park where there is a temple to the famous scholar and poet, Liu Zhongyuan (A.D. 772-819) after whom the city is named.  It is typically ornate and massive.

Liuzhou 7.jpg

2.   In the large forested park this bridge crosses the Willow River. There are many bridges in China that resemble this one.

Liuzhou 6.jpg

3.   Near the bridge is a preserved vintage home.

Liuzhou 5.jpg

4.   Although there were no furnishings in it, the artistic wood-carved decor is magnificent.

Liuzhou 4.jpg

5.   The night views over the Willow River that flows past the city were very colourful, but I took a few of these photos whlle standing on a bridge, placing the camera on the rail to steady it, but had not considered the vibrations of the bridge caused by the cars crossing it. Although the photos are a little fuzzy, they still display the colour.

Liuzhou 1.jpg

Liuzhou 2.jpg

Liuzhou 3.jpg

8.   Downtown Liuzhou at night.

Liuzhou 8.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

For those of you who are new here, if these photo essays are of interest to you, I have posted many of them over the years on the Photography and Art Forum, and on the Creative Arts group and Discovery group. You can open the archives of the groups to see them.

katlin02
Freshman Silent
link   katlin02    7 years ago

very nice-- i will check them out, i love travel photo's..do you live in the orient or travel there..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  katlin02   7 years ago

I'm an expat Canadian and moved to China 11 years ago.  However, I will never give up my Canadian citizenship and passport.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

China definitely has some very nice artwork in their architecture and you can't just build it, you have to keep it up.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Another beautiful photo essay Buzz.

Well done

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing    7 years ago

Such beautiful pictures and artwork, Buzz. Even in ancient China the gift of beautiful artwork was highly prized, as well as sought after by other countries.

Thank you for sharing more of China's fine craftsmanship and artwork.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

Greta pics and explanations.  Thank you for the continued lessons on the China we don't normally get to see.  It looks quite nice.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

Excellent as always.

I and others have really enjoyed your series of photos of China here over the years! :^)

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Catching up on time missed …

Buzz's photo essays are standards and stand outs on NT … this is fresh and unique imagery not likely to be presented and seen on other websites.