╌>

The Essential Ojibwe/Jewish/Italian/Mexican/Korean/Vegetarian/Aboriginal/Irish Cook Book By Kavika

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  kavika  •  7 years ago  •  44 comments

The Essential Ojibwe/Jewish/Italian/Mexican/Korean/Vegetarian/Aboriginal/Irish Cook Book By Kavika

I thought that giving away all our family secrets regarding our special Secret Ojibwe cook book would be a great idea. Spreading the food so to speak.

I know that many of you will not recognize these dishes but they are truly the ''Best Keep Secret on the Rez''.

The first dish that is presented is the now World Famous ''Kosher Winnebagel''...This Ojibwe/Jewish  sensation is wonderful for a brief snack on your way to an important Pow Wow or get in a bite before sundown on Friday.

Next up we jump to the Mediterranean to enjoy the Spam Pizza This is especially good with a bottle of grappa overlooking the Rez from the deck of your single wide. Remember the Spaghetti Westerns, Clint and Chief Dan George love this dish.  With Spam Pizza you achieve the special balance known as Rez commodity.

Since the Med is a haven for foodies my close friend and Italian Chef excellanti came up with the latest craze, ''Frizza'' which is a combination of Pizza and Fry Bread..

The ever famous ''Indian Taco'' once known as a Taco has become one of the fastest growing quick snacks in the country, Indian Country that is. It's said that the Taco is a Mexican thing, but on the Rez we know better, although we do use ''hot sauce'' imported from Mexico, making it popular in two cultures.

Kung Pow Venison is a solid choice when your having the rellies over for dinner. A Chef of Ojibwe/Korean ancestry named Park Two-Pows Lost Dear is credited with inventing this wonderful dish. Taking the Kung from the Korean side of the family and the Pow Wow from the grand party that was invented by the Ojibwe we now have a dish that crosses the Pacific Ocean. Rez Dogs are high on this dish.

Another dish for those of you who are vegetarians. Vegetarian is Ojibwe for ''Can't Hunt'' is the Wild Rice and Tofu burger. The Wild Rice is harvested at a special time of the year by the Ojibwe in very secret lakes and rivers.  Once it is harvested we hire the French to pick Tofu. They learned this secret when they gather truffles. Only the French would stoop to pick a mushroom. Once this is mixed and put on a hamburger bun with kosher mustard, ketchup and pickles, we have the ''Wild Tofu Burger'' for those of you that want to ''walk on the wild side''. Vegetarians are well know as wild and crazy guys/gals.

Next we travel to the Land Down Under for brekie (Australian for breakfast). The mix of maple syrup and roo sausage with a side of Whichity Grubs is a treat for the real thrill seekers. Down Under it's know as the Brekie that Slides Down. 

The last, but not least of the entries is the Ojibwe/Irish O'Possum stew. Need I say more!

If you have never tried any of these multi-cultural dishes you are not living, well perhaps after eating one you won't be living, you can order the list of fine meals from,

Multi-Cultural Foods

123 Almost Organic Circle

Red Lake, Minnesota 666

Attn: Chief Chef Boiling Water Goldstein. Enrolled member of the Ojibwe/Jewish Lost Tribe.

Kavika 2012. All Rights reserved

In honor of my dear friends Enoch and Nona the co-inventor of the ''Kosher Winnebagel'' and "Frizza.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika     7 years ago

These long held secret dishes are now available to all NT members. 

With our new members coming over from NV, I thought this to be a great welcoming gift.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Great recipes, Kavika. Looking forward to trying them all along with some Fry Bread. (grin)

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    7 years ago

Thank you Prez!  I am honored to be mentioned !  :-)  Looking forward to see all kinds of recipes here!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Nona62   7 years ago

Your most welcome. As the co inventor of Frizza you have a place among the great Chef's of the world. 

Chief Chef Boiling Water Goldstein was over joyed that you would be joining the list of the greatest Nona.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

And I am honored that our friend Enoch will join us!  Between the 3 of us, I'm sure we could come up with some interesting culinary dishes!!  liar

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Nona62   7 years ago

I'm happy to contribute some southern dishes, as a contribution to different dishes...  Fried Okra, anyone?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Dowser it has to be multi cultural. So what should be mix with fried okra to make an international dish?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Fried okra is international......French, English and African.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Multi cultural, with a real American flavor from the native people of America.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

hmmmm, I'll have to look up the history.  However, it is covered with cornmeal, which could have been maize back in the day...  

Multi cultural-- how about mixing it with cocoa powder?  Thanks to the Aztecs, etc.  That's a thought...

Kavika
Professor Principal

There you go Dowser, your on to something.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch    7 years ago

Dear Friend Kavika: Sign me up for a purchase.

Make that two.

One for Mrs. E. and me.

One for Jay's Diner.

As soon as Chef Boiling Water Goldstein learns how to read, look for me at the Wednesday "All You Can Hold Down" Buffet there.

Enoch, Munching a Winnebagel with Lox, Cream Cheese, Sliced Bermuda Schwartz Onions and a slice of Beefsteak Tomato.

P.S. The vegetarian meat and cheese kosher le osher, mehedrin min ha mehedrin section continues to defy physics and logic. Geschmacht (savory). 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

LOL welcome aboard niijii.....As a regular diner at Jay's establishment you have survived everything from toe main poisoning to month old wilted salad. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Is there such a thing as Ojibwe kishka?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing    7 years ago

As one who loves to cook, I am greatly indebted to you for sharing this wondering array of various culinary dishes with us. I can assure you that each one will be truly appreciated.

(big smile)

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

LOL, I'm sure that you are RW...

Chef Kavika working on his Tejas/Ojibwe fish dish.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
link   Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Ooohoooo! That fish dish sounds delicious. I wonder how a Cajun/Ojibwe crayfish dish would work? (grin) 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing   7 years ago

Since this dish may have a Tejas flavor I'll need to work in BBQ....LOL

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    7 years ago

Dear Prez.,

I am truly afraid to divulge my recipe, I fear I will wake some morning and find a horses head at the end of my bed.....

Ciao, Nona

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Nona62   7 years ago

LOL Nona 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Funny!  

On a more serious note, I do have a spot to get my wild rice from-- thanks to you!

Kavika
Professor Principal

Have you tried it yet Dowser?

Let me know what you think of ''real wild rice''.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Since I don't really cook, any more, I haven't had the opportunity, yet.  But, I have great hopes!

Love to you!

Kavika
Professor Principal

Back at ya Dowser.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

Well I've had the indian taco when I was traveling thru New Mexico. It was called a Navajo Taco. Words don't do it justice, mmmmmmm.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Damn it pat, those Navajo try to take credit for everything...winking

Lebowsky
Freshman Silent
link   Lebowsky    7 years ago

Greetings Kavika, I can't wait to try each recipe. Thanks for smiles :o)

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Lebowsky   7 years ago

Hey Lebowsky, good to see you again my friend. 

Welcome to NT.

Lebowsky
Freshman Silent
link   Lebowsky  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Thanks Kavika, just getting up to speed here, maybe :o)

Kavika
Professor Principal

Oh heck Leb, I've been trying to get up to speed for years and no luck yet.Laugh

Lebowsky
Freshman Silent
link   Lebowsky  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Ha!!! I hear that Kav... Onward through the fog!

Did I bring the Bubblegum over with me or was that here?

Kavika
Professor Principal

You might have brought some, but we did have a bit already here, Leb.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

You are missing indian/ indian food. What's up with that? Isn't there an American Indian version of chicken vindaloo out there? 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

''Isn't there an American Indian version of chicken vindaloo out there?''

Of course there is, it's called ''Roadkill Curry Delight''.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Hummmmmmmmm sounds appetizing, LOL

Wait.. that wouldn't be indian/ indian food. That would be my paws country stew. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

LOL, there you go.

Lebowsky
Freshman Silent
link   Lebowsky  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Hello Perrie, Just a quick hello and a Thank You all you do here :o)

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
link   Transyferous Rex    7 years ago

''Can't Hunt'' 

There are a lot of vegetarians in my parts. Good stuff. What is vegan in Ojibwe?

Pedro
Professor Participates
link   Pedro  replied to  Transyferous Rex   7 years ago

Hungry

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Kavika   replied to  Pedro   7 years ago

LOLlaughing dude