╌>

How To Prepare and Post a Photo-Essay

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  1 comments

Others may do this differently, but if you have seen any of my Photo Essays, or the Old, New, Borrowed and Blue Challenge, you will see how they look.

The first thing to do is after determining my topic is to select the photos I will use for it. Your photos may need editing, and you should do that before anything else.  I then re-save the selected photos labeling them with a code so that they are easily identified for posting (i.e. oldnew 1, oldnew 2, etc).  I then start out with text on a word pad (I don't have MS Word).  First I type in the Title, then follow that with an introductory paragraph. Knowing approximately how mamy photos I'm going to post, I then type along the left side the numbers 1, 2, 3 etc. (more numbers than the photos) leaving a few spaces in between them (makes it easier for viewers to identify the photos they comment on, especially if it's a photo essay with many photos). 

Now, open the NT forum (or group) on which you intend to post, and click "Add Discussion" or the plus (+) sign at the top of list of articles. You now have your blank page to fill in.  Copy and paste in that window your prepared document.  Next, you add the first photo under the number 1, leaving a space or two under the number before pasting the photo. To add the photo, you make sure you have left the indicator where the next entry will be posted a couple of spaces under the number, and then on the banner with your many options above the article, you click on the image of the little piece of film strip to the left of the smiley, and that will open a picture gallery. At the top is a banner with choices and you click "Upload an Image".  You then get another screen that gives you more choices. The first on the left is "size".  I choose 512. The next one is "Position" and I choose "Normal", then "Margin" and I choose "None" and finally you click the right hand one to choose your image, and it opens your picture library.  You can choose your photo from the library either by clicking it twice, or clicking "select" below.  Your photo should now be posted. If you can't see the whole thing, click on it and it will do two things, first it will expose the whole photo, and secondly you will notice little squares show up on each corner of the photo.  You use those to adjust the size.  If the photo has run off the right side of the window you will only see the little squares on the left side but that's no problem.  If the photo is too big, then click and hold on one of the little squares and drag it towards the centre of the photo - you will see the photo reduce. I usually leave a little margin on the right side to prevent the photo from being cut off on the right when you eventually post the article.  I also make sure that vertical photos are not so big as to more than fill the screen.  Okay, your photo is posted. That is when I decide what to write about that particlular photo, and type the text next to the number above the photo.  I then repeat the process for the next photos. When all the photos are posted I delete any extra numbers below them, sometimes write in a short paragraph at that point, and finally click the "Post" button at the bottom. It is now posted, but if it was on a Forum rather than a group, you should write the first comment, or it will not show up on the Front Page "Comments" window.

To just post as a comment on another's article, you need not go through all of that, but a lot of it will apply. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

As examples, here are a couple of my photo-essays, and one documentary (still required the posting of images).