╌>

My (Photographic) Life is an Opened Book

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  a-macarthur  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

My (Photographic) Life is an Opened Book

I invite my friends on NT to review its pages (one-page-at-a-time).

A Page for Your Inspection

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

I am Sharing … not selling.

Just look and (hopefully) enjoy.

NOTE: Many of the images on my pages are over 100 years old … I, on the other hand, am NOT over 100 years old, so … where'd these images come from?

In addition to photography and digital images, I RESTORE OLD PHOTOS … several years ago I acquired about 1000 Magic Lantern Slides; these are photographs printed on clear glass that were viewed via a device called a Magic Lantern … a projector illuminating the slides using a kerosene flame.

download.jpg

I have been developing a process by which I digitize the photos on the slides and restore them after accumulating the adverse effects of 100 years of passing time.

images.jpg

A Magic Lantern Slide … this one was well-protected; some such slides were "flawed" from day one as glue spots and other debris were trapped between the two plates of glass that sandwiched the image forever.

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen    7 years ago

All are beautiful in their own way.  Thanks for sharing.   

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Beautiful photos Mac, it's difficult to find a favorite. The 1936 DeSoto is very cool, but so are the butterflies and the monuments in the SW..

MalamuteMan
Professor Quiet
link   MalamuteMan    7 years ago

I admire your photography and digital artistry, AMac!

Many years ago, YOU inspired me to express myself with photography. I found that very rewarding… for a while… Now I am so discouraged by photography ubiquity… Everyone is a photographer, now… It is so difficult to be seen and appreciated… even great artists and photographers seem to be lost in a torrential abyss of cell photography… Some of that can be very good, but there is just so much of it… It is difficult separate the wheat from the chaff.

In any event… Thanks for all you have done for this art form… I appreciate your talent and persistence, and I envy your ability to stay creative and enjoy what you do.

Cheers,
Mal

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Thank you for such kind words, Mal.

There are at least two ways to approach the glut of "photography" that comes with the digital age … metaphorically … to drown in the deluge, or, to find away to remain on the surface.

As I recall, your photos were always well-composed, properly-exposed and often found a point-of-view that gave even mundane, cliche subjects a fresh appearance.

I believe that with all the imagery out there these days, that the truly strong, interesting and well-executed ones will jump out at the tired eyes of the viewer …

So, keep shooting, my friend.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

PAGING all NT Members.

You've been PAGED.

Al-316
Professor Silent
link   Al-316    7 years ago

All of your work is stunning, AMac.

I appreciate nature and on page 9, you have Spring, Pennypack Creek, Pennsylvania which is magnificent.

You are a true artist.

Al

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Al-316   7 years ago

Greatly appreciate your kind words, Al. Thank you and happy to see you.