╌>

Nose Bleeds and Blood Loss

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

Via:  dave-2693993  •  7 years ago  •  14 comments

Nose Bleeds and Blood Loss

Has anyone experienced serious nose bleeds or known someone who experienced serious nose bleeds over a short period of time? My blood level is still heavily depleted. I can not describe how that affects your energy.

The hospital finally put something called a "nose rocket" in my nose for several days.

Does it heal on it's own, or is a procedure required?

Anyone with experience, please feeel free to provide feedback.

Thank you.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  dave-2693993    7 years ago

BTW, according to the doctor at the hospital, the Youtube vids are wrong. She told me I have to pinch at the bridge of my nose, not at the end of my nose. That is why I gagged on so much blood.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
link   sandy-2021492    7 years ago

Yes, pinch at the bridge of your nose and look down.  Also apply an ice pack.  One of my employees' grandson used to get nosebleeds all the time, and she had him look up, then complained when he choked on his blood, but wouldn't listen to me when I said he needs to look down.  Poor kid.

Anyway, I've known several people who have been prone to bad nosebleeds, and they eventually needed cauterization to get them to stop.  It's a pretty minor procedure.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  sandy-2021492   7 years ago

Dear Sandy: Sound advice.

Thanks.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

Enoch,

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  dave-2693993  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Thank you as well Enoch.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  dave-2693993  replied to  sandy-2021492   7 years ago

At the time I followed the Yutube instructions. I did look down, but it was backing up and going down my throat, gagging me. I had to run to the sink and gag or sit over the top of some trash bags.  You would think somebody died here.

I still don;t have the energy to clean it up. 

I have been told not to do anything to upset my nose. No shaving, no washing, not even brushing my teeth. But apply saline solution 3 times a day.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet

I hope I don't need the surgery, but if I need to I will.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
link   sandy-2021492    7 years ago

Yeah, touching your nose can start it off again.

If the air in your house is dry, try a humidifier.  My son gets nosebleeds in the winter when the air in our house gets dry from the wood stove.  A humidifier in his bedroom helps a lot.

Make sure you're getting plenty of iron, and consume it with foods high in vitamin C, as vitamin C aids in iron absorption.

I hope you're feeling better soon, and can get the nosebleeds stopped.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet

That is great advice. Thank you.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

I've only had one bad nose bleed in my life. Lasted 3 days and wouldn't stop. Wound up having surgery to put a blown artery back together. My blood pressure was 230/180, stroke territory. The pressure had blown out the artery in my nose. 

So if the packing doesn't stop it, see an ENT.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  dave-2693993    7 years ago

My BP is wacky. It will be fine, then goes into the territory you descried.

How long did it take you to recover from the blood loss.? My cardiovascular system goes into a constraint sometimes. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott  replied to  dave-2693993   7 years ago

I had to have surgery on my nose to repair the artery, so I spend a day in the hospital all hooked up. Then I spent 3 days at home on pain meds, so I was a little out of sorts for a while. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  dave-2693993  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

I have been told not to do anything to bother my nose. I can't shave, or wash or brush my teeth even. I continue using saline solution. 

I'll see how it goes. If it happens again I will need the surgery as well.

Thank you.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

When I was younger I had a bleeding nose problem from one of my nostrils, and eventually had to have it cauterized.  It is still troublesome from time to time, but I heal quickly. after pinching my nose for a few minutes, and carefully breathing through that nostril to provide air flow to dry the break. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I am glad you are able to heal quickly.

I bled for 10 hours one time and 5 hours another time. Those occasions were only a couple days apart. I lost an incredible amount of blood and I am still very depleted.

Thank you for your experience.