╌>

ISRAELI-ARAB FACEBOOK STAR: BDS IS 'PURE POLITICS'

Category:  World News

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

BY AMY SPIRO, Jerusalam Post, OCTOBER 2, 2017 16:26

Nas Daily says boycotting Israel should be illegal.

yassin.jpg

Nuseir Yassin.. (photo credit:FACEBOOK SCREENSHOT)

The Facebook star who has launched a thousand viral videos has created one more – this one speaking out against the movement to boycott Israel.

Nuseir Yassin, an Israeli-Arab native of Arrabe in the Lower Galilee who goes by “Nas Daily” online, posted a video Sunday about Kuwait Airlines stopping him from flying from New York to India.

“Because I’m an Israeli, an entire airline is not allowed to take me on their plane even if I’m not going to Kuwait,” he said in the video. This behavior, he said, is discriminatory and “should be illegal.”

Yassin, who quit his job in New York in 2016 and decided to travel the globe, posting one-minute videos daily, said the “stupid ban is pure politics.”

“Dear Kuwait: If you want to boycott Israel, be my guest, refuse me service,” he said. “But also give me your USB flash drives, your phones, your safe-driving cars, your Viber, your Waze or your anti-virus – this is also Israel.”

Yassin said those who seek to boycott the State of Israel prove that they really don’t get it at all.

“If you want to boycott Israel because of Palestine, I don’t think you actually care,” he said, “because you’re also boycotting two million Muslim Palestinian Israelis.

After just 24 hours, his video on the topic had already been viewed more than 300,000 times. Yassin returned home to Israel in July, and held a Meetup meeting then in Jerusalem for Jewish and Muslim fans of his Facebook journey. At the time, he told The Jerusalem Post that he wanted to bring together regular people who think we can all get along.

“It seems like the whole world is either with Israel or with Palestine,” he told the Post at the time. “It seems like there is nobody that is actually in the middle, because the only loud people are the ones in the extreme.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

kpr37
Professor Silent
1  kpr37    7 years ago

Great seed thank you.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Even the Arabs (especially those who lost their lucrative-paying jobs in Israeli industries like SodaStream that BDS forced to close its factory near their homes) think BDS is bullshit and harmful to Palestinians.

Pegasus4
Freshman Silent
3  Pegasus4    7 years ago

I sincerely hope anyone associated with BDS doesn't need any of the following innovations that have been discovered and invented by the Israelis.  This is a shortlist!  

1. ApiFix system to correct severe curvature of the spine (scoliosis) minimizes risks, scar size, complications, recovery time and cost.
  2. Argo Medical Technologies’ Rewalk robotic exoskeleton from was featured on the hit TV show “Glee” and enabled paraplegic runners in London and Tel Aviv to complete marathons.
  3. Gamida Cell is developing stem-cell therapy products to treat blood cancers, solid tumors, non-malignant blood diseases such as sickle-cell anemia, autoimmune diseases and genetic metabolic diseases.
  4. GI View Aer-O-Scope disposable colorectal cancer screening device, now in US trials, will make lifesaving colonoscopy screenings cheaper, safer and more accessible worldwide.
  5. IceCure Medical’s IceSense3 has been used by US doctors since 2011 to remove benign breast lumps in a 10-minute ultrasound-guided procedure that penetrates the tumor and engulfs it with ice.
  6. InSightec’s ExAblate OR uses MRI-guided focused ultrasound to destroy tumors and uterine fibroid cysts without surgery.
  7. IonMed’s BioWeld1 bonds surgical incisions using cold plasma — instead of painful stitches, staples or glue – within minutes, sealing and disinfecting the wound with minimal scarring and recovery time.
  8. Nano Retina’s Bio-Retina, a tiny implantable device inserted into the retina in a 30-minute procedure, turns into an artificial retina that melds to the neurons in the eye.
  9. NanoPass Technologies’ MicronJet is a unique, FDA-approved single-use needle for painless delivery of vaccines into the skin using semiconductor technology.
  10. OrSense’s NBM-200 non-invasive monitor is relied upon by blood donation centers in 40 countries for continuous and spot measuring of potential donors’ hemoglobin level (to check for anemia) and other blood parameters.
  11. Surpass Medical’s NeuroEndoGraft flow diverters redirect blood flow from a brain aneurysm (a bulge in a weak artery wall), so that a stable clot can form and the potentially fatal aneurysm no longer is in danger of rupturing.
  12. VitalGo Systems’ Total Lift bed is the world’s only hospital-grade bed that can elevate a patient from a lying to a fully standing position — and all points in between — for treatment and transfer with no lifting required of the caregiver.

Including all of the innovations from Israel that we use everyday!

So what new medical innovations and discoveries have come from the French, the Russians, Spain, Asia, South America, Africa?  HOW have they made the world a better place? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Pegasus4 @3    7 years ago

I hope that BDS supporters don't cheat, and refuse all the medical innovations that have been developed in Israel such as the simple new completely non-invasive and successful acne treatment, the miniature pill-camera that transmits images of the digestive track, besides non medical devices such as voice mail on their mobile phones, and usb drives (flash drives, aka memory sticks), and any computer that has intel installed. And for sure do NOT eat cherry tomatoes, because they were invented in Israel.

Pegasus4
Freshman Silent
3.1.1  Pegasus4  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1    7 years ago

Perhaps there should be labels attached to all Israeli inventions that state "Brought to you and made possible by the People of Israel"!  peace

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

How about "Not to be used by BDS supporters"?