╌>

Foursquare data reveals the most popular fast-food chain in every state — and America has a clear winner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  arkpdx  •  7 years ago  •  76 comments

Foursquare data reveals the most popular fast-food chain in every state — and America has a clear winner

Boy looking at the results i I ever start a fast food restaurant chain i am goi g to get the left to declare a boycott. 

Best. Fast food in america by state

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

In Toronto, my favourite fast food place was Popeye's - loved the teabisquits, and mashed potatoes with gravy (even if it was from powdered potatoes), besides the fact that the chicken was just as good as KFC. 

Just saw Hal's comment, so I want to say that no politics were served at Popeye's. Actually I would never let politics govern where I eat - I let my taste buds and stomach make the decision.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 years ago

I prefer Popeye's to KFC myself.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2  Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 years ago

They opened a Popeyes here in Niagara Falls (finally!!!!!).  My favorite fried chicken, since I first had some in Northern Virginia in the mid 80s.  Sad they did away with the 'Cajun Sparkle', but love their chicken and their biscuits. I usually choose the mashed potatoes and gravy as my side.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
2.2.1  Bluestride  replied to  Spikegary @2.2    7 years ago
Popeyes is good, Bojangles is better. Their steak buscuit is to die for....

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
2.2.3  Bluestride  replied to    7 years ago

No I have not. Sounds good though.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 years ago

Actually I would never let politics govern where I eat - I let my taste buds and stomach make the decision.

Still hungry?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.3.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.3    7 years ago

Obviously there has to be exceptions to everything. I'm not shocked because I've always known the Ukraine was very anti-Semitic, so I'm not surprised it's allowed to exist there. My mother's family came from Kiev, which depending on history has, I think, been both Polish and Ukrainian. 

Ryarios
Freshman Silent
2.4  Ryarios  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 years ago

The popeye's in MO that I've visited were not that good.  They were a bit short on seasoning on the chicken.  Maybe that's the fault of the franchise owner.

Telo
Freshman Silent
2.5  Telo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 years ago

I like Bojangles over KFC and we don't have a Popeye's close, as in the nearest one is in another state.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.5.1  Spikegary  replied to  Telo @2.5    7 years ago

If you're ever travelling, it's worth a try.....ask for the spicy, if you like spice.

Telo
Freshman Silent
2.5.2  Telo  replied to  Spikegary @2.5.1    7 years ago

I can handle spice but the rest of my family usually can't lol.  May have to take a road trip and get a personal meal

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Typical conservative research and conclusion, a.k.a  false and misleading. 

Do McDonalds, Starbucks, Burger King, Subway, Wendy's , Dunkin Donuts, and Taco Bell sound familiar?  All of them had more US sales than Chick Fil A in 2016. 

You don't decide popularity by average visits per location. 

You might see 5 Mc Donalds in a 5 mile radius in some cities, and you might see one Chick Fila in the same radius. Of course Mc Donalds will have less customers per store. 

The seeded article is apples to oranges. 

-------------------

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @4    7 years ago

Pizza Hut and Dominos is on the list you posted. I can't think of Pizza Hut as a fast food restaurant. You sit at a table, someone takes your order and it takes at least 20 minutes for your pizza to come. That's not fast food.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.4  Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell @4    7 years ago
The seeded article is apples to oranges.

Wait, isn't that the fresh fruit stand?

Ryarios
Freshman Silent
5  Ryarios    7 years ago

I have to admit that I'm shocked that CA picked Raising Cane's over In-n-Out.  I have a Raising Cane's right around the corner from my home and have eaten there twice.  It's just pretty bland. Even their special sauce is bland. I would rather eat at an In-n-Out any day. 

As for Chick-fil-a, I find their food good. Not fantastic.  I will say that the one down the block from where I live is always packed.  I mean that during the dinner rush, people are waiting for parking spots in a rather large parking lot and the drive-thru is backed-up into the next timezone.  I rarely eat there but that's far more because I hate dealing with the crowds than the food. 

If I could choose any fast food restaurant as my favorite, I would have to choose In-n-Out.  It's too bad there are none in my state and according to the HQ, there never will be because of it's distance from the meat processing facility.   Maybe some day we'll get lucky and they will open another processing facility close enough to us to start getting them.  

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
6  Capt. Cave Man    7 years ago

I've never ate at chik fil a, mostly because we don't have any in or near my town.  I used to like Taco bell, but since they teamed up with KFC, all the taco's taste like chicken, so now I just like Burger King, the once a quarter time that I ever eat fast food, I like that new Bacon King burger!